Tiger Changing It's Stripes?

Open or closed borders?
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Low and behold, the likes of Hannity and his brethren have smelled the coffee?

Sean Hannity, John Boehner say GOP should tackle immigration reform | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Considering the performance of the GOP of late and what just happened maybe they are realizing that it is time to get in touch with the people?

One thing is for certain, the ethnic make up of America is changing. Americans of European decent are no longer the main ethnic group. There's probably a lot of old white men wondering what the hell happened.

I doubt vile people such as these 2 can save themselves.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Scrat;1410061 wrote: Low and behold, the likes of Hannity and his brethren have smelled the coffee?

Sean Hannity, John Boehner say GOP should tackle immigration reform | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Considering the performance of the GOP of late and what just happened maybe they are realizing that it is time to get in touch with the people?

One thing is for certain, the ethnic make up of America is changing. Americans of European decent are no longer the main ethnic group. There's probably a lot of old white men wondering what the hell happened.

I doubt vile people such as these 2 can save themselves.

There are still plenty of white folk around who think that America was made just for them. And they have a lot of uneducated muck to pull support from.

Look at the election results. we are split almost down the middle in the philosophy of how the country should be run.

I doubt the country has seen such a division since the mid 19th Century.

These guys will continue to pander to their fan base, and in four years, we will be about the business of keeping them from taking over the country, yet again.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Scrat;1410061 wrote: Low and behold, the likes of Hannity and his brethren have smelled the coffee?

I doubt vile people such as these 2 can save themselves.I'm surprised you'd see it as the attempt to "save themselves".

"maybe they are realizing that it is time to get in touch with the people?" -- It's proof that politics have been reduced to doing whatever is necessary in "winning" elections as opposed to fulfilling united democratic ideals through consensus and shared values.

It's the empirical leftover stink-pit of impulsive materialistic needs, which has no other option but to discriminate amongst particular groups as a means to justify not only retaining their wealth, but to increase their chances to profit even further off of already scarce resources. This is why we hear things like "government handouts", "lazy", "parasites"...etc...(And on, and on...)...And on, and on...

Ah, yes,..grand ole capitalism...

capitalism thrives off of ignorance, which is exactly why we have had the highest GDP for the last 50 years yet our education system is not in the top 15 in the world. This is further evidence of our nations values being primarily to acquire more and more money as if it's some sort of justifiable means to equate it to humanistic prosperity. It's disgusting.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Well KS I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the political elite of America to realize much of anything to do with reality. Right now I'm reading a book about the history of the Russian Tsars. What happened from 1850 until the Bolshevik revolution seems to be happening here. The Tsarist system of government ceased to function, no one could agree on anything to do with the state of the country. They could not find solutions to the problems because of all of the competing interests. It's hard to put a finger on but maybe a variation the same pattern is being repeated.

A lot of that had to do with the distance between the people and those who ruled. I have never held my government in such contempt as I do today. They are parasites.

Return to “Immigration”