Nothing Exchange or How I Tried to Minx the World

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Fiend

Post by Fiend »

In my into thread I already made a mention of my slightly extravagant escapade to persuade the world that it has gone a bit crazy by selling a million euro worth of nothing at all :D

After obtaining the kind permission of our benevolent mods, I decided to create a thread to keep people up to date on how things are coming along.

A short summary on what has happened so far:

A friend and I created a website to sell a million units of Nothing at 1 Euro a piece. Once the whole million is sold, Nothing Exchange (that's the name of the site) would become an open market, resembling a commodities market, where people will be free to buy or sell Nothing at any price they see fit.

So far, we've managed to sell a 168 units of Nothing, in about 3 months of operations, which I think is pretty impressive, considering that we've had no prior knowledge in web-development, or web marketing and that our total budget was about 100 Euro :wah:

We've also had a most gracious offer from a very talented writer to write a weekly blog for us, and be paid in Nothing, which we gratefully accepted.

At this point, we are teaming with ideas, but short on time and money, as we still have day jobs to keep, but we are excited and we will learn to be patient (ok, maybe not me, I'll just bite my nails and be anxious for the next couple of months or years) :)

If you are interested in more details, feel free to visit:

Home | Nothing Exchange

Or ask any questions here.

I'll keep posting the occassional update in this thread, for anyone who may be interested.
Minxing the world! @ Nothing Exchange
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, you are certainly doing brilliantly on the charm front.:-6

I wish you well. But I have plenty of nothing (as well as a few somethings) so I'm in a position to sell (and willing to do so) if the market goes that way. What do you need? 100% mark up? I'll sell you unrefined nothing at 50 eurocents per unit. Surely a win win situation!

Make me sole supplier and I'll give you a 50% discount. Can't say fairer than that.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Fiend

Post by Fiend »

Clodhopper;1405066 wrote: Well, you are certainly doing brilliantly on the charm front.:-6

I wish you well. But I have plenty of nothing (as well as a few somethings) so I'm in a position to sell (and willing to do so) if the market goes that way. What do you need? 100% mark up? I'll sell you unrefined nothing at 50 eurocents per unit. Surely a win win situation!

Make me sole supplier and I'll give you a 50% discount. Can't say fairer than that.

Why thank you :)

And the offer to supply us with more Nothing is tempting, but we already pinky promised that we would not make or sell any more Nothing then the initial 1 million. We've already produced the million, and it's neatly stacked in our Nothing storage yeards, waiting to be sold, so we have no need for your Nothing (which, I'm sure is very nice, dear)

:)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I am setting up a US competition.

Clod, I will take up your offer, as long as you are willing to sell it on consignment.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Fiend

Post by Fiend »

Well Mr. LarsMac, how's the competing going?

I've been away for almost 2 weeks, so haven't done any promotion or advertising, I thought I'd give you a head start :) How are things coming on the idea stealing front? :D
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well I have, so far concentrated on the local market.

I have been signing up local distributors on consignment.

I have control of nothing in the entire Western US.

If nothing moves around here, I know about it.
- DH Lawrence
Fiend

Post by Fiend »

Well, I've been away for a while * both from the forum and from Internet life all together.

I've been trying to come up with something that could compete with Mr. LarsMac's plan to take over the Minxing of the US.

So far - I've come up with this:

I'd Rather Buy Nothing | Nothing Exchange

Basically, we've reorganized the site to allow anyone and everyone to make a statement about a product or company they don't lie by buying Nothing instead of it.

I'm quite anxious to see the results.

I'd love to hear your opinions as well.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Nothing beats an ice cold can of schaefer beer.
- DH Lawrence
Fiend

Post by Fiend »

LarsMac;1411454 wrote: Nothing beats an ice cold can of schaefer beer.

Quite right. Nothing does bead an ice cold can of schaefer beer, it truly does. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Return to “Members' News”