the SUN shows saddam in his knickers

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

the UK SUN has printed this pic of saddam ........
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

all i have to say is.....ewwwwwww
TMC

Post by TMC »

It looks as if he's quite well hung.
Philadelphia Eagle

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

It will be 'good riddance' to a horrible tyrant.

Of even greater interest, however, is your reference to Kokomo, LC.

You must be a 'Beach Boys' fan. This was one of their best ever recordings.

Do you visit Key Largo? It's truly one of the great vacation destinations in my opinion.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Philadelphia Eagle wrote: It will be 'good riddance' to a horrible tyrant.

Of even greater interest, however, is your reference to Kokomo, LC.

You must be a 'Beach Boys' fan. This was one of their best ever recordings.

Do you visit Key Largo? It's truly one of the great vacation destinations in my opinion. have lived in the keys for a long time. here's one of "my" spots. i like key largo, but LOVE islamorada. if you're interested there's a keys thread in travel and vacation forum. ~the fabulous florida keys~

lady cop

Attached files
Jives

Post by Jives »

That picture was disturbing, but that goodness LC posted the Keys, now my mind is at ease again. :D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
TMC

Post by TMC »

Clint

Post by Clint »

I think we will hear more about this. There are a lot of people who will be offended. If we continue to do things that offend other cultures we will see a huge backlash. The picture is funny when you first look at it, but it is humor we may regret.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i think you're right Clint, actually the photos are going to cause another scandal, there is the question of who took them and released/sold them, in view of his close custody. and there is the distinct possibility they are against the geneva convention. somebody's head will roll.
BTS

Post by BTS »

Yes an investigation is going full speed!! As well it should. I am not sure but I think the Iraqis do have some control over his keeping......

STORY

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- British and American newspapers published photos Friday showing an imprisoned Saddam Hussein clad only in his underwear and washing his laundry, prompting an angry U.S. military to launch an investigation and the Red Cross to say the pictures may violate the Geneva Conventions.

Bush was briefed by senior aides Friday morning about the photos, and he "strongly supports the aggressive and thorough investigation that is already under way" that seeks to find who took them, White House press spokesman Trent Duffy said.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Oh definitely....heaven forbid we offend this wonderful human being's sensibilities. Oh the humanity.... :yh_eyerol :-5
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Clint

Post by Clint »

It doesn’t have a thing to do with Sadam. It has to do with the culture in his part of the world. As Lady Cop says, it also has to do with the way this stuff somehow makes its way to the press. Someone broke the rules in a big way. I wonder about how careful the process that gives people security clearances is these days. It seems to be lacking.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

strange how saddam (and think what it spells BACKWARDS!) is even allowed to sue The Sun for that!
BTS

Post by BTS »

Pentagon Probes Release of Saddam Photos By Al Pessin

Washington

20 May 2005

New York Post cover, FridayThe U.S. Defense Department says it did not orchestrate the release of photos of Saddam Hussein in jail, wearing only underpants in one picture, and is investigating how the shots were taken and published.

A statement issued by the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq says it is 'aggressively' investigating who took the pictures and how they were made public. The statement says the photos were taken in what it calls "clear violation" of procedures, and appear to be more than a year old. It says the command is "disappointed at the possibility that someone responsible for the security, welfare and detention of Saddam would take and provide these photos for public release."

At the Pentagon, spokesman Brian Whitman expressed regret at the release of the photos. "Clearly these are images that should not have been released to the public," he said.

The pictures were first published by The Sun newspaper in London. The paper reported it received them from a U.S. military source who hoped the humiliating photos would hurt the Iraqi insurgency, which has been conducting an intensified bombing campaign in recent weeks. The Sun quotes its source as saying the pictures show that Saddam is a "humble, old man now" and that they prove that his Baath Party is "never coming back."

But Brian Whitman, the Pentagon spokesman, says the Defense Department did not release the photos officially. "No, it wasn't an official release by the military, and I'm not sure that's an accurate representation of how these things made it into the media, either," he said.

Mr. Whitman acknowledged that the pictures could have been released by an individual soldier, in violation of Defense Department policy. And he said they could be a violation of the Geneva Convention, too. "Well, it's possible. Clearly, these are in contravention to our policies and, depending on when they were taken, possibly could be a violation of Geneva Convention guidelines for humane treatment of detained individuals," he said.

The Pentagon spokesman says the question of whether there was a Geneva Convention violation would in part depend on whether the photos were taken when Saddam was officially a U.S. prisoner, or more recently when he has technically been in Iraqi custody, with U.S. help in providing his security. Either way, he says if a U.S. soldier was involved in the photo release, it would be a violation of Defense Department procedures.

Meanwhile, the Pentagon declined to comment for publication on a New York Times report detailing widespread abuses of prisoners in U.S. custody in Afghanistan. The Times says it obtained a confidential file from a U.S. Army investigation. It reports that young, poorly trained soldiers chained a prisoner's hands to the ceiling of his cell for most of four days, stood on a prisoner's neck and kicked at least one in the genitals, among other abusive practices. The report appears to provide details of incidents that were already known, and which resulted in the deaths of two detainees and criminal charges against seven soldiers.

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

i dont trust any iraqs. just shoot him!
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Sun newspaper is a rag. They would not dare put the Royal Family in the same zarp
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

capt_buzzard wrote: The Sun newspaper is a rag. They would not dare put the Royal Family in the same zarpof course it's a rag..but the photo is authentic. is there a pic of the royals in their undies? :D (don't think i want to see it)
gmc

Post by gmc »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/

Todays headline from the sun

"President to investigate Saddam's Pants, Bush vows I will get to the bottom of it."

Posted by capn buzzard

The Sun newspaper is a rag. They would not dare put the Royal Family in the same zarp

I would like to think they would if it was funny, the tabloid press is at it's best when taking the mickey out of the great and the good. There is a long healthy tradition of laughing at royalty.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

the photos will be used as an excuse to kill, people will die over them. if one of ours abused his/her trust to take them and sell them, they will be complicit in deaths to come. the Arab nation is irate over the pictures, even though saddam is a monster. it offends their sensibilities.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I must say who ever is doing the laundry for the prisoners is getting the WHITES REALLY WHITE.. BRAVO!! ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

It is widely suspected that a prison guard took the pictures last year. And the Sun Newspapers pointed out that the photographs had been leaked with the collusion of the US military.

www.timesonline.co.uk
next12win

Post by next12win »

After seeing these pictures I'm seriously thinking of changing my tune as far as censorship rights and freedom of expression.

EWWWWWWWW.
I'm against picketing. But, I don't know how to show it. - Mitch Hedberg

Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run. -Simon Wilder
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

capt_buzzard wrote: It is widely suspected that a prison guard took the pictures last year. And the Sun Newspapers pointed out that the photographs had been leaked with the collusion of the US military.

www.timesonline.co.ukBut then, the US should sue them for making a mockery of their GI's and displaying their troops on Tv.
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Dont forget that the Sun is owned by the Mighty Rupert Murdoch, the same dirty digger tha owns Fox (unfair and unbalanced) News. We may well rubbish the Tabloids but the Sun sells around 5 million copies a day. As I understand it the highest circulation US paper is USA today with 2.7million, in other words here in the UK the printed press is extremely powerful, the SUN will never let concerns over peoples safety get in the way of a story, if there is fall out from this they will immediatley publish some story of how they support our boys in the gulf
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Clint

Post by Clint »

Bothwell wrote: Dont forget that the Sun is owned by the Mighty Rupert Murdoch, the same dirty digger tha owns Fox (unfair and unbalanced) News. We may well rubbish the Tabloids but the Sun sells around 5 million copies a day. As I understand it the highest circulation US paper is USA today with 2.7million, in other words here in the UK the printed press is extremely powerful, the SUN will never let concerns over peoples safety get in the way of a story, if there is fall out from this they will immediatley publish some story of how they support our boys in the gulf
Alarming!!! The press is way too powerful. I really don’t know of a source I can rely on for an accurate representation of what is happening. Maybe it would be better to treat it all as gossip and ignore all of it.
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

We do have one newspaper that does attempt to give a balanced view it is called unsuprisingly "The Independant" but it is small circulation, if you dont mind a little bit of liberal hand wringing you could do worse than the BBC, especially the World Service.

I have to say that I just Love Hannity and Colmes on Fox, I want to see George Galloway interviewed by the monstrous lump of ego that goes by the name of Sean Hannity :D
Clint

Post by Clint »

Bothwell wrote: We do have one newspaper that does attempt to give a balanced view it is called unsuprisingly "The Independant" but it is small circulation, if you dont mind a little bit of liberal hand wringing you could do worse than the BBC, especially the World Service.

I have to say that I just Love Hannity and Colmes on Fox, I want to see George Galloway interviewed by the monstrous lump of ego that goes by the name of Sean Hannity :D
I enjoy Hannity and Colmes also. I tend to think more like Hannity but I wonder if he doesn’t overpower Colmes, making it less than “fair and balanced”.
smithy87

Post by smithy87 »

There should be an immediate investigation as to why Saddam is wearing big white y-fronts? I mean c'mon its 2005, surely they are no longer in production? :p

Of course I'm kidding. It's nice to see the scumbag rotting in jail. Maybe the people who are offended by this picture should take a look at a few pictures of the horrifc torture this brutal piece of crap dished out to innocent women, children and soldiers. :-5
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Clint I have seen a lot of your posts and I reckon although you may lead toward Hannity if you think at all then you have the advantage, he just browbeats anyone left of Attila the Hun, I think Colmes is just there for window dressing. Hannity is not stupid but I just wish he would back off a bit and let another point of view be expressed.

Bill O'Reilly????? what is that about, however I really like John Cavuto and also Shephard Smith.

It is fascinating for me to see how they present the news especially when the story is on both sides of the pond. I am trying to get my subscription sorted out to get NBC and ABC news.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Bothwell wrote: Clint I have seen a lot of your posts and I reckon although you may lead toward Hannity if you think at all then you have the advantage,
Could you clarify what you meant here? I don't know if I should be flattered or offended. :thinking:
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Flattered Clint. I dont think Sean thinks too much he just shoots from the hip.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Bothwell wrote: Flattered Clint. I dont think Sean thinks too much he just shoots from the hip.
Thank you. I speak English but not being from England, sometimes I don't understand it. :)
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by Bothwell

Dont forget that the Sun is owned by the Mighty Rupert Murdoch, the same dirty digger tha owns Fox (unfair and unbalanced) News. We may well rubbish the Tabloids but the Sun sells around 5 million copies a day. As I understand it the highest circulation US paper is USA today with 2.7million, in other words here in the UK the printed press is extremely powerful, the SUN will never let concerns over peoples safety get in the way of a story, if there is fall out from this they will immediatley publish some story of how they support our boys in the gulf

Actual readership is probably higher. I think you underestimate the intelligence of most readers, they know it's a rag. most of them buy it for the sports section not the news content

We do have one newspaper that does attempt to give a balanced view it is called unsuprisingly "The Independant" but it is small circulation, if you dont mind a little bit of liberal hand wringing you could do worse than the BBC, especially the World Service.

I have to say that I just Love Hannity and Colmes on Fox, I want to see George Galloway interviewed by the monstrous lump of ego that goes by the name of Sean Hannity

Try the guardian as well guardian.co.uk you can usually find correspondents from both sides of an arguement

This might appeal "Dear Limey assholes"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story ... 67,00.html

Return to “Current Events”