Who do you think should be Knighted ?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

With all this talk of Knighthoods for Olympians. who would you like to see Knighted?

My first choice would be :

tony mccoy - YouTube

Who's yours and why?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1399284 wrote: With all this talk of Knighthoods for Olympians. who would you like to see Knighted?

My first choice would be :

tony mccoy - YouTube

Who's yours and why?

I cannot think of anyone who I'd want to see knighted and who'd accept the knighthood if offered
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Let's see...who do I know in the public eye who is strong, and chivalrous and honorable? :thinking:

Anyway..........

How would you address a female knight? Sirmam?

http://chroniclesofsilence.com/historic ... f-silence/

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1399295 wrote: How would you address a female knight? Sirmam?Dame, though it's not identical in all circumstances. Plain Knighthoods are a male-only preserve as far as I can tell, and they're still being handed out. One can be made either a Knight or Dame of one of various chivalric orders, and those titles are of equivalent merit within that order, but the titles have a different origin. I suspect awarding the old plain Knighthood should stop, since making a female equivalent to it after nine hundred years of male-only Knightery is a tough proposition.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

I am beginning to think Seb Coe deserves a Knighthood.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1399352 wrote: I am beginning to think Seb Coe deserves a Knighthood.

This is presumably The Right Honourable The Lord Coe KBE of whom you speak.

Out of interest, how many knighthoods can one chap accumulate in Lala-land?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1399353 wrote: This is presumably The Right Honourable The Lord Coe KBE of whom you speak.

Out of interest, how many knighthoods can one chap accumulate in Lala-land? I've made a mistake.

But hey guess what folks ? When Spot made a mistake last night about Wendy Richards and I corrected him, he sent his posts to the compost bin where you can't see them along with reporting Bruv's post which was no more than a tounge In cheek aside.

Yes, I've made a mistake...well slap my rump for being a numpty .... which I happily admit... no composted posts nor deleted posts because I've been a twat.

So the gist Is... Spot gets something wrong, gets corrected and removes all trace of his posts... I'm happy to leave my twat like gaff here for all to see.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1399354 wrote: I've made a mistake.

But hey guess what folks ? When Spot made a mistake last night about Wendy Richards and I corrected him, he sent his posts to the compost bin where you can't see them along with reporting Bruv's post which was no more than a tounge In cheek aside.

Yes, I've made a mistake...well slap my rump for being a numpty .... which I happily admit... no composted posts nor deleted posts because I've been a twat.

So the gist Is... Spot gets something wrong, gets corrected and removes all trace of his posts... I'm happy to leave my twat like gaff here for all to see.

Enough!

There is no need to spread this stupidity over every thread on the board.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1399353 wrote: This is presumably The Right Honourable The Lord Coe KBE of whom you speak.

Out of interest, how many knighthoods can one chap accumulate in Lala-land?
Bryn Mawr;1399356 wrote: Enough!

There is no need to spread this stupidity over every thread on the board.

oscar;1399354 wrote: .... along with reporting Bruv's post which was no more than a tounge In cheek aside.

I have been composted and reported?

Shouldn't I know......officially.

This is no way to find out......is it ?

What was it I said that was so outrageous ?.............so I don't cross the line again.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1399369 wrote: I have been composted and reported?

What was it I said that was so outrageous ?.............so I don't cross the line again.

I don't think spot reported your post because of what you said, it was more that's the last post that ended up in the composted thread at the time he split the thread down. Had it remained in the original thread it would have looked silly. I think spot clicked on your post just as a marker for the thread without thinking but just wanting to highlight what he'd done.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1399370 wrote: I don't think spot reported your post because of what you said, it was more that's the last post that ended up in the composted thread at the time he split the thread down. Had it remained in the original thread it would have looked silly. I think spot clicked on your post just as a marker for the thread without thinking but just wanting to highlight what he'd done.
Then I don't get It.... Bruv's post was In the middle... why not report my post where I said I wouldn't engage his folly ? That was the last post and where I deliberately walked away from the thread.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

So I was just collateral damage ?

And I haven't been a bad boy ?

Carry on.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1399374 wrote: So I was just collateral damage ?

Carry on.

Did you see the opening ceramony?

I was In tears... the part representing Great Ormond Street.... awesome !!!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1399372 wrote: Then I don't get It.... Bruv's post was In the middle... why not report my post where I said I wouldn't engage his folly ? That was the last post and where I deliberately walked away from the thread.

Bruv's post is in the middle of the split off thread now cos I added to the thread, so did spot, then me again and yourself, if that's what you mean by it being in the middle.

Maybe you mean it was in the middle of the original? I don't know, but I went and checked the time stamps as to when spot split the thread and then reported the thread, Bruv's post just happened to be the most recent post within the thread when he reported the thread.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1399374 wrote: So I was just collateral damage ?

Carry on.

No, you're incapable of it :D
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I can't honestly say I remember watching any previous opening ceremony, probably because we only ever get to see the highlights.

But after a meandering start, this one was outstanding.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Betty Boop;1399378 wrote: No, you're incapable of it :D

I am not you know......wink wink nudge nudge............know what I mean?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1399379 wrote: I can't honestly say I remember watching any previous opening ceremony, probably because we only ever get to see the highlights.

But after a meandering start, this one was outstanding.
I spoke too soon... Dreary McCartney has been wheeled out FFS
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1399375 wrote: Did you see the opening ceramony?

I was In tears... the part representing Great Ormond Street.... awesome !!!

Don't ever complain about threads going off topic :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1399388 wrote: Don't ever complain about threads going off topic :yh_rotfl It's my thread so ner !

Just wanted to divert everyone away from the spats.... there Is method I will have you know. ;):D

Besides, It was you who reported my thread being taken off topic last time, not me, so ner !
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1399389 wrote: It's my thread so ner !

Just wanted to divert everyone away from the spats.... there Is method I will have you know. ;):D

Wasn't a spat, just Bruv freaking out that he'd been a bad boy and didn't know it, then me wiping his sweaty brow and murmuring reassurances at him :wah:
Bez

Post by Bez »

oscar;1399387 wrote: I spoke too soon... Dreary McCartney has been wheeled out FFS

Put him out to grass !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1399369 wrote: I have been composted and reported?

No it was not, a perfectly reasonable comment that I, sadly, agree with.

Return to “General Chit Chat”