40 years on. A remarkable woman.

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

'Napalm girl' photo from Vietnam War turns 40 | Mail Online

I think that photograph has to be one of the most remembered.

How wonderful to see her now !!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thanks oscar. I remember that photo so well as millions of others. I am disgusted on this new wave of patriotism I now suffer under -- to try to accomplish the impossible -- to rename the soldiers who served there as "heroes."

" "Obama says Vietnam veterans too often 'denigrated'

By KEN THOMAS, Associated Press – 4 days ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama paid tribute Monday to the men and women who have died defending America, pointing to Vietnam veterans as an under-appreciated and sometimes maligned group of war heroes who remained true to their nation despite an unwelcome homecoming.

"You were sometimes blamed for the misdeeds of a few," Obama said at the Vietnam War Memorial. "You came home and were sometimes denigrated when you should have been celebrated. It was a national shame, a disgrace that should have never happened." "

The Associated Press: Obama says Vietnam veterans too often 'denigrated'

Was he just trying to piss me off?

That little girl was a horrific reminder of a bizarre folly I thought would never end. They were so busy searching for peace with honor, as if that were possible. BTW, in article above, Obama is not speaking of the national shame of a wrong foreign policy, but the 'going overboard' by kicking the protesters in the ass. That's because he is taking my vote for granted & dissed me.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1395149 wrote: That's because he is taking my vote for granted & dissed me.He's dissed and pissed on just about every person not on the right who voted for him last time around. He won't get my vote again, that's for sure. I doubt he'll get the vote of any member of my family again either.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1395151 wrote: He's dissed and pissed on just about every person not on the right who voted for him last time around. He won't get my vote again, that's for sure. I doubt he'll get the vote of any member of my family again either.
That's right. Be an idiot & shoot yourself in the foot with your high & mighty ideals & ultra-sensitivities. Grow up you big baby.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1395154 wrote: That's right. Be an idiot & shoot yourself in the foot with your high & mighty ideals & ultra-sensitivities. Grow up you big baby.You enjoy abusive relationships?

I'm not voting for Romney either, but he can't be any worse than Obama. Sh!t, Romney wrote Obama's health care bill. :wah:

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Not voting is not my answer. Let it be yours. You are with the majority who don't vote. It must be a comfort, you fitting in so well with the intelligentsia of our society. Don't vote. Just complain instead. Would you vote if you lived in Wisconsin?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I'm voting as is everyone in my family, but I'm voting for the libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, who incidentally is to the left of both Obama and Romney.

You sound like a person who would counsel someone to stick with the abusive partner as long as they look good enough rather than be unattached, and if they disagree with you, you then attempt to insult them into doing what you want them to do. Control issues?

Between the two of us, I'm not the baby.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm glad to hear you are voting. That's enough for me.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1395172 wrote: I'm glad to hear you are voting. That's enough for me.Cool! And you'll be voting for your lying right-winged democrat because?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1395179 wrote: Cool! And you'll be voting for your lying right-winged democrat because?
I don't necessarily love your choice, :yh_doh but as long as it is That's enough for me. :yh_peace

You make a big deal about your family all voting, thinking, feeling this same way. How entertaining you all must be. :yh_rotfl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1395098 wrote: 'Napalm girl' photo from Vietnam War turns 40 | Mail Online

I think that photograph has to be one of the most remembered.

How wonderful to see her now !!
The film of this child getting doused with water canisters by US soldiers, is one of the images that have haunted me for years.

The other one was this execution.

I should now post "War" by Edwin Star
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes Bruv. It's one of those sights you never have to see again because they have imprinted on your brain, your soul.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1395199 wrote: Yes Bruv. It's one of those sights you never have to see again because they have imprinted on your brain, your soul.

I found that video immediately from memory, but cannot watch it........ even now.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

AnneBoleyn;1395189 wrote: I don't necessarily love your choice, :yh_doh but as long as it is That's enough for me. :yh_peace

You make a big deal about your family all voting, thinking, feeling this same way. How entertaining you all must be. :yh_rotflLet's move this conversation to:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/curre ... post139522
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Accountable;1395230 wrote: Let's move this conversation to:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/curre ... post139522

Thank You for doing that Acc.... I appreciate It.... You're an Officer and a Gentleman ;)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

When I click on the link Acc put in this thread, it goes to the topic linked to, then it jumps to an old thread.

I have visited the linked thread directly in the forum and that is OK, so why and how does it automatically jump to an unrelated topic after a pause of a few seconds ?

Has Spot been tweaking again ?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

That IS weird, it's completely unrelated to the discussion. "the forum garden epic poem-or-move over beowulf... "

This thread is determined to be derailed.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

SnoozeAgain;1395272 wrote: That IS weird, it's completely unrelated to the discussion. "the forum garden epic poem-or-move over beowulf... "

This thread is determined to be derailed.

Glad it's not just me then...............very strange.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Perhaps the Garden wants a verse in the epic about this thread. :yh_think

Return to “International Politics”