Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Oscar Namechange

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lockerbie bomber dead: Al Megrahi freed by politicians in squalid pursuit of a fast buck | Mail Online
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by Saint_ »

I'd love to see that guy's face right now...

"I'm here! Where're my 72 virgins? ... Hey! Why is it so hot and what are those flames for?!"
spot

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by spot »

Saint_;1394127 wrote: I'd love to see that guy's face right now...

"I'm here! Where're my 72 virgins? ... Hey! Why is it so hot and what are those flames for?!"

One might imagine Christianity had never existed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by gmc »

There seems to be a need amongst some to have a guilty party - any guilty party even if it wasn't actually them that did it. The really laughable bit in all this is the idea that at alex salmond would do what Westminster told him to do. The SNP might have their faults but what did they get out if releasing him? . We have oil we don't need libya's and given the reaction that could be expected from the americans in particular there was more incentive not to release him and also it's quite possible that his appeal against his conviction might have been successful. I could believe he was released if he stopped his appeal over some under the table deal about oil. Releasing people to die on compassionate grounds may be an odd concept but try and grasp the notion that it's common practice in scot's law.

Scotland First Minister Alex Salmond On Megrahi Release and BP Lobbying - YouTube
fuzzywuzzy

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

HUH? hang on did any of you read the case? he soooo didn't do it ..... but if it helps for closure so be it.
fuzzywuzzy

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

gmc;1394154 wrote: There seems to be a need amongst some to have a guilty party - any guilty party even if it wasn't actually them that did it. The really laughable bit in all this is the idea that at alex salmond would do what Westminster told him to do. The SNP might have their faults but what did they get out if releasing him? . We have oil we don't need libya's and given the reaction that could be expected from the americans in particular there was more incentive not to release him and also it's quite possible that his appeal against his conviction might have been successful. I could believe he was released if he stopped his appeal over some under the table deal about oil. Releasing people to die on compassionate grounds may be an odd concept but try and grasp the notion that it's common practice in scot's law.

Scotland First Minister Alex Salmond On Megrahi Release and BP Lobbying - YouTube

and it's a commendable law .
Accountable

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by Accountable »

Anybody know how much effort was put into finding and treating the cancer? I found an article about his treatment after release, but what about in prison?
Saint_

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by Saint_ »

gmc;1394154 wrote: given the reaction that could be expected from the americans in particular there was more incentive not to release him

Darn straight. Animals like that do not deserve pity. We're still angry about that.
Oscar Namechange

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

gmc;1394154 wrote: There seems to be a need amongst some to have a guilty party - any guilty party even if it wasn't actually them that did it. The really laughable bit in all this is the idea that at alex salmond would do what Westminster told him to do. The SNP might have their faults but what did they get out if releasing him? . We have oil we don't need libya's and given the reaction that could be expected from the americans in particular there was more incentive not to release him and also it's quite possible that his appeal against his conviction might have been successful. I could believe he was released if he stopped his appeal over some under the table deal about oil. Releasing people to die on compassionate grounds may be an odd concept but try and grasp the notion that it's common practice in scot's law.

I don't have time right now to go In to all the why's and where fore's but I did a huge amount of reading on this subject when we had some threads way back.

From everything I read, I formed my own opinion that I never believed he did It. I also believe that this was connected to Iran.

Last night on TV, an American spokesperson admitted that they were reluctant to dig further because they believed It would open a massive can of worms leading back to Iran.

I myself was actually hoping he would survive the cancer and the appeal would go through for he claimed he had evidence that would lead back to the CIA...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by Saint_ »

oscar;1394168 wrote: a massive can of worms leading back to Iran.

Ever notice how Iran always seems to have a hand in everything nasty in the world?
Oscar Namechange

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Saint_;1394170 wrote: Ever notice how Iran always seems to have a hand in everything nasty in the world?

Lockerbie appeared to be far more complicated than just Iran having a hand In everything nasty In the world... It went back to the days of the CIA and the Iran Contra Affair.

The link appears to be Major Charles McKee who had uncovered a drugs ring run by a CIA and was a passenger on the plane.
gmc

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by gmc »

Saint_;1394166 wrote: Darn straight. Animals like that do not deserve pity. We're still angry about that.

You missed the point about how he might not have done it didn't you. That's why we have courts of law and a requirement that guilt be proven beyond reasonable doubt very often the one you decide to lynch didn't actually commit the crime. Scots law has a not proven verdict, that would probably have been a better option. That one man is responsible makes no sense.

posted by saint.

Ever notice how Iran always seems to have a hand in everything nasty in the world?

Far less so than the US - even you have to concede that. I think it's all part if a saudi plan to be the only real power in the middle east.
fuzzywuzzy

Lockerbie Bomber dead...

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Saint_;1394170 wrote: Ever notice how Iran always seems to have a hand in everything nasty in the world?

Or so America says ...just like afghanistan and pakistan and iraq. ....... the list is long and sorded but hey Bush said they don't go after countrys ...only evil people .

Return to “International Politics”