Kahn Academy

Lon

Kahn Academy

Post by Lon »

What a fantastic site for review and learning many subjects, and it's free. Bill Gates is a big supporter of the "Kahn Academy"and this approach to education is already having a big impact.

Khan Academy
K.Snyder

Kahn Academy

Post by K.Snyder »

Lon;1387423 wrote: What a fantastic site for review and learning many subjects, and it's free. Bill Gates is a big supporter of the "Kahn Academy"and this approach to education is already having a big impact.

Khan AcademyI've honestly always felt new technologies can be a fantastic thing, people only need the discipline to do it. Thanks for the link. I'm told there was an interview with the founder on 60 minutes
spot

Kahn Academy

Post by spot »

I quite like it, but someone's going to have to improve on multiple-choice assessment as a means of automated testing. It always seems, to me, to concentrate on trivial accidental mentions in the text, which means if you've not red their particular text then you stand no chance of passing the assessment with a good mark. I've done multiple-choice assessments on topics I'm expert at and failed to get an A grade, which says more about poorly-designed multiple-choice assessment than it does about me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Kahn Academy

Post by Accountable »

I saw this on 20/20 or 60 Minutes - one of those news shows. Of course I was trying to check it out at the same time as the other millions who were watching the show, so it was really slow at the time. I'm definitely going to tell my students' parents about this, especially my special ed parents.
K.Snyder

Kahn Academy

Post by K.Snyder »

Lon;1387423 wrote: ...this approach to education is already having a big impact.

Khan AcademyIt can only be a good thing in response to colleges that are purely for profit
topic321

Kahn Academy

Post by topic321 »

I like your site its quite informative and i would like to come here again as i get some time from my studies. i would like to invite my other friends to this site, as you have done a great job.i must say...keep it up guys..

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”