Your thoughts on Medicare supplemental insurance

A forum to discuss local issues in AK, HI, WA, OR, CA
raz_jacob

Post by raz_jacob »

Medicare supplemental insurance is on a high these days, helping out seniors for over 65 years and above in securing their future from health issues.

What are your thoughts on the same?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I'm not sure I understand the question. Why would someone be against supplemental insurance?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

medicare has not been around for 65 years. something is fishy about this post. how come all the ads displayed above it are regarding medicare supplements? Does the topic of the post cause that to happen?
Lon

Post by Lon »

raz_jacob;1386168 wrote: Medicare supplemental insurance is on a high these days, helping out seniors for over 65 years and above in securing their future from health issues.

What are your thoughts on the same?

As one that has been on Medicare since turning age 65 12 years ago, I would not be without Supplemental Insurance. Mine has paid well over $270,000 for both my wife and my self that was not covered by Medicare and would have been an extreme financial strain for us to pay out of pocket. With the Supplemental we are able to avail ourselves of a PPO and receive the best possible medical treatment. I would cringe at being totally dependent Medicare alone.

Now--------is that a sufficient endorsement for what you are probably selling?

CAUTION-------There are currently many Supplemental Insurance Scams in operation.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

AnneBoleyn;1386195 wrote: medicare has not been around for 65 years. something is fishy about this post. how come all the ads displayed above it are regarding medicare supplements? Does the topic of the post cause that to happen?I think that's just bad phrasing. Drop the word "for over" and the sentence makes sense. The ads are automatic based on the topic or key words or something. A little scarey if you ask me.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

The ads are automatic based on the topic or key words or something. A little scarey if you ask me.
I realized the error was grammatical later on. But as for your quote above, very scary I'd say. I was looking at a web page catalogue the other day & not only does an ad follow me everywhere I've been going (including here), it also features the products I put in a shopping cart on the site but never bought. We sold our privacy outright to the web in exchange for the great pleasures it brings. I looked up myself on spokeo, & not only did it tell my name/age/current address but also a picture of my front door. Does this count toward my fifteen minutes? (which I don't want, btw)

We sold our souls to the company store.

Return to “Pacific West”