Britain to evacuate Iranian Embassy

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I haven't seen a thread on the British embassy in Iran here yet. I thought the people in The UK would be up in arms over this. What is are the thoughts in the UK over the storming of the embassy and the evacuations of the British staff?

Britain evacuates all embassy staff after Iran protesters storm compounds - CNN
gmc

Post by gmc »

Foreigners don't like us? WOW that's news. Johnny foreigner wrecking our embassy affects all the other embassies and is cause for concern in international politics but it's hardly a dent on our national self esteem.

What's more worrying is the UK Govt. leading the charge in working up to go to war against iran. Left alone the fundamentalist government would probably have failed by now. Nothing like an external threat imaginary or otherwise to keep a repressive regime in power. It's not Iran that is the worry in the middle east it's israel and Saudi Arabia the the US doing their bidding that is. Iran is just reacting to the threats. Saudi sent troops in to Bahrain to put down protests against an oppressive regime with not a peep of protest from the arab league or Nato countries. What really worries the west about Libya, Tunisia and Egypt is that you might get a democratic government that doesn't play ball any more.

Syria and iran are two countries that could challenge saudi arabia in the region that's why they are being targeted.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

It just surprised me that with all the British people on FG that no one had commented on it.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

YZGI;1377360 wrote: It just surprised me that with all the British people on FG that no one had commented on it.

We can't be arssed.... We're all Christmas Shopping
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

YZGI;1377360 wrote: It just surprised me that with all the British people on FG that no one had commented on it.

What foreigners think of us is not high on the list of things worth bothering about.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1377383 wrote: What foreigners think of us is not high on the list of things worth bothering about.
Or giving a toss about
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “International Politics”