Y'all Seen To Have Everything,

ShyChara

Post by ShyChara »

that what I like about this ForumGarden. I can't think of anything to add. Maybe you could have like a forum for those who are grieving for loved ones who've passed away. Then again there's probably already places for that sort of thing.

Another idea could be maybe a place for those people who are slow learners to go and be able to talk to others like themselves. I have a daughter whos 21 and she has so much trouble chatting cause she can't spell really good or read really good. She learning to read and spell through it all though. She really slow though at learning and sometimes she doesn't learn at all. If she could find other like herself she might not have to spend so much time getting normal folks mad at her all the time.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I like the joint the way It Is thanks very much.

Last time I looked, there Is a bereavement catagory... go to the home page and you'll find It.

As for a catagory for slow learners.... we already have one... It's called British politics.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1372666 wrote: i like the joint the way it is thanks very much.

Last time i looked, there is a bereavement catagory... Go to the home page and you'll find it.

As for a catagory for slow learners.... We already have one... It's called british politics.

bhhhwwwwhahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaa.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
theia

Post by theia »

ShyChara;1372655 wrote: that what I like about this ForumGarden. I can't think of anything to add. Maybe you could have like a forum for those who are grieving for loved ones who've passed away. Then again there's probably already places for that sort of thing.

Another idea could be maybe a place for those people who are slow learners to go and be able to talk to others like themselves. I have a daughter whos 21 and she has so much trouble chatting cause she can't spell really good or read really good. She learning to read and spell through it all though. She really slow though at learning and sometimes she doesn't learn at all. If she could find other like herself she might not have to spend so much time getting normal folks mad at her all the time.

Charlotte, it's so good to have a new member here who is looking through fresh eyes and making suggestions for new forums. As Oscar said, there is already a Bereavement Forum...perhaps Bryn, the owner, will have some ideas about the other suggestion you made.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Post by spot »

The more first impressions you can give us, Charlotte, the better. It's rare for us to get an unbiased view of how the board can change. Once people get used to the site they get defensive and feel they're being challenged or criticised.

If your daughter joins we'll take care to include her without fighting or arguing. I'm sure we can make both of you feel safe and included.

Welcome to ForumGarden.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I think there are too many forums, actually. Lets get rid of anything having to do with foxes, horse racing and British politics. :sneaky:
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1372693 wrote: I think there are too many forums, actually. Lets get rid of anything having to do with foxes, horse racing and British politics. :sneaky:

What a fabulous Idea.... Yes, I agree with that and then we could have a forum filled up with threads about little kittens doing cute things :sneaky::yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

There is no fox forum, there is no horse racing forum and there is no British politics forum. There are general purpose forums. What people post into them is what builds or damages their personal reputation on the site. Don't blame the forum structure for the tedious antics of particular posters.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1372697 wrote: There is no fox forum, there is no horse racing forum and there is no British politics forum. There are general purpose forums. What people post into them is what builds or damages their personal reputation on the site. Don't blame the forum structure for the tedious antics of particular posters.

The general purpose of a forum with a host of Categories tends to attract a whole host of members and new members. A thriving vibrant forum will have people from all different walks of life who post topics that they have an Interest In. This does not mean to say that others will join In their Interest but creates a diverse and wider range of topics posted, something that is essential for a forum to thrive.

The problems Incurred when moderators choose to be selective In what Is posted and by whom, Is a downturn In members posting, rather like the days here when In two days, only four people posted.

Different people post different topics that possibly do not Interest any one else and I think this Is proved In some of the topics you have posted yourself where the response In the past has either been nil or only one member contributing to your thread. For example, I and probably others have no Interest whatsoever In fluffy kitten threads or what your children said when the builder got his staple gun out. However, I would not be so rude as to suggest that those threads had no place In this forum. I respect the fact that some members like cute animal threads and some members believe that what the builder said about his gun Is worthy of noting for public view.

A varied supply of topics posted by members weather they are Interesting to you yourself or not, often Is what attracts new members when they are searching a particular subject In their search engine.

To run a forum based purely on topics agreeable to moderators or the site owner becomes the kiss of death for a forum for It becomes a closed shop.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

spot;1372697 wrote: There is no fox forum, there is no horse racing forum and there is no British politics forum. There are general purpose forums. What people post into them is what builds or damages their personal reputation on the site. Don't blame the forum structure for the tedious antics of particular posters.

Zing! :wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Welcome Chara,

I hope you enjoy your time here in FG !!

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

As has been said, just above the general forums area there is an area called support and counseling that contains two forums for those suffering from bereavement.

As to a special area for members with learning difficulties, I can set one up is you really want me to but I would prefer that all of our members felt able to post where they will. If any member "got mad" at your daughter because of her difficulties then I would take a very dim view of it and would step in to make sure it did not happen again. There are many of us here who have difficulty with spelling - some of us use a spelling checker but several don't and it does not generally cause problems for the readers.

Feel free to register your daughter, she will be welcome - as you are.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Spelling problems??? damn I've made a whole new language. (I'm kinda proud of meself)

I don't respect those on forums enough to give too sh***.........now if you were my boss or my tutor then I would give two figs. (point in question ...tutor leans over me ....."that's a bit of fancy writing you've got there"...My reply....."yes I was edumicated it's called cursive or long running writing" )
AmyCopp20

Post by AmyCopp20 »

I think there are too many forums
spot

Post by spot »

AmyCopp20;1373086 wrote: I think there are too many forums

If we had fewer forum areas, more of our content would be blocked by the Golden Shield.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”