What should a high school student expect?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Hfjslfj

Post by Hfjslfj »

I was looking at doing some 3D character animation for a senior project that we're required to do as part of my Digital Graphic Design class. My teacher told me to seek the input of those that are already involved in the field. If I were to do this, I would be using an outdated version of Maya; he also said picking it up and trying to teach myself the software from scratch was sure to be difficult and frustrating, which I'm sure is true. Is this something I should still look into? I would have the entire year to complete the project, and would probably work on it with one of my classmates.
koan

Post by koan »

I have a highschool daughter and she never has the year to complete a project. I should expect that they will teach you the skills you need to complete such a task. Otherwise expect a learning curve and complain that they didn't teach you the required skills to perform the tasks required. Meanwhile, be thankful that they gave you a year's notice of the project.

Return to “Arts Animation”