Re-electing the President - can it be done?

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
kasjaws

Post by kasjaws »

Regardless of whether you think President Obama should be re-elected, the question is can he be? Has the economy completed defeated his re-election chances before the campaign has even begun. It seems the media and of course the Republicans would like us all to believe this is so. So what would it take to re-elect him? I think there are a variety of factors that must fall into place if he is to re-elected.

First the liberal/progressive base must not only vote for him, they must work for him. They must raise money, register voters, make calls and get the vote out. If they sit on their hands, he cannot win. Then he has to re-sell the independents on his vision for the country and his ability to bring it to fruition. This may be a tough sell. So many people see his first term as giving in and giving up all the time. I realize that the Administration sees it as compromise and attempts at bipartisanship, but that is not how it is portrayed in the media.

If Obama can accomplish those two things he has a shot. There are other things that will come into play in keeping the same states lined up that he had in 2008. However holding the base and independents will go a long way toward winning re-election. Without those two there is no chance.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

kasjaws;1368161 wrote: Regardless of whether you think President Obama should be re-elected, the question is can he be? Has the economy completed defeated his re-election chances before the campaign has even begun. It seems the media and of course the Republicans would like us all to believe this is so. So what would it take to re-elect him? I think there are a variety of factors that must fall into place if he is to re-elected.

First the liberal/progressive base must not only vote for him, they must work for him. They must raise money, register voters, make calls and get the vote out. If they sit on their hands, he cannot win. Then he has to re-sell the independents on his vision for the country and his ability to bring it to fruition. This may be a tough sell. So many people see his first term as giving in and giving up all the time. I realize that the Administration sees it as compromise and attempts at bipartisanship, but that is not how it is portrayed in the media.

If Obama can accomplish those two things he has a shot. There are other things that will come into play in keeping the same states lined up that he had in 2008. However holding the base and independents will go a long way toward winning re-election. Without those two there is no chance.
I do not believe he Is re-electable.

The pre-election campaign was such massive hype after an extremely Unpopular Bush admin that Obama was deemed to be the new messiah. America bought Into the hype and the desire to have the first black president. Just for the record, his colour has no bearing on my views of him ). Even your Hollywood celebs were coming out In force to buy Into the hype and the sheeples followed them. I stated on this forum long before he won the election that he would never live up to the expectations America had In him.

Now, he faces rising unemployment, massive debt, and uncertainty for the future of America. His only saving grace was taking out Bin Laden, something which for the record, I was not comfortable with. The euphoria of Bin Laden has now passed and back to reality.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1368178 wrote: I do not believe he Is re-electable.

The pre-election campaign was such massive hype after an extremely Unpopular Bush admin that Obama was deemed to be the new messiah. America bought Into the hype and the desire to have the first black president. Just for the record, his colour has no bearing on my views of him ). Even your Hollywood celebs were coming out In force to buy Into the hype and the sheeples followed them. I stated on this forum long before he won the election that he would never live up to the expectations America had In him.

Now, he faces rising unemployment, massive debt, and uncertainty for the future of America. His only saving grace was taking out Bin Laden, something which for the record, I was not comfortable with. The euphoria of Bin Laden has now passed and back to reality.

If he loses to the republicans and one of their nut jobs gets in then how do you think the world will live with a paranoid fascist America?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1368178 wrote: I do not believe he Is re-electable.

Now, he faces rising unemployment, massive debt, and uncertainty for the future of America. His only saving grace was taking out Bin Laden, something which for the record, I was not comfortable with. The euphoria of Bin Laden has now passed and back to reality.Well, then again, the man hasn't had a chance to bring America out of the depths of hell, therefore it can only be concluded we should re-elect him.

Everyone acts like he's responsible because he's taken it upon himself to help the remnants left by a moron administration.

Obama had nothing to do with Americas current situation and not a soul on earth could have brought this country out of this nightmare within 8 years, let alone one term.

Let's not forget Obama is still leading the polls and let's see how his speech goes
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

gmc;1368246 wrote: If he loses to the republicans and one of their nut jobs gets in then how do you think the world will live with a paranoid fascist America?

If another republican wins office this country is screwed beyond repair, while these monkeys swing around on trees
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Obama has actually done a remarkably good job of holding things together, even though I personally would have liked to see him behave more liberal. I think he has a very good chance of being reelected, and if he does it will be interesting to see if he takes a hard left turn afterwards. That's exactly what I believe needs to happen in order to restore some order.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

It is true Obama's poll numbers have dropped on the left, but when confronted with a choice like Obama or a choice like Palin/Perry what choice is there really? The left is virtually forced to vote for a center-left or center-right candidate because there is no representation of the left in U.S. politics.

Meamwhile the 30% who have always hated him will continue to always hate him and consider him to be the antichrist.

That means the election will likely be decided by the independents. By the look of the GOP lineup, independents won't support the GOP in the next election. The tea party took over Congress, and now its approval rating is at a record low. Obama has played a fairly consistent middle-of-the-road (or maybe center-right) position. It's forced the GOP into going off the deep end, since it seems they are opposed to anything that he suggests.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1368246 wrote: If he loses to the republicans and one of their nut jobs gets in then how do you think the world will live with a paranoid fascist America?

I am no doubt the Reps are just as bad. I just think McCain would have done a far better job.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

yaaarrrgg;1368252 wrote:

That means the election will likely be decided by the independents. . I agree... We have a similar situation here In the UK. We have a coalition government led by a **** who did not win an overall majority and the deputy Is a tosser who came last In the elections.

The Conservatives are finished In Scotland and I predict a huge swing to the Independents In the 2014 election. Two of our parties are likely to be finished within a year. A new party is to be launched that will merge with most of UKIP. I can not state here publically the why's as court cases are pending but Bruv knows exactly what I am talking about.

Anyway, all will come clear to the people of the UK In a months time via Panorama.
gmc

Post by gmc »

When Bush took over the US was on it's way to having no debt in another ten years or so. He introduced Tax cuts BEFORE 911. In 2003 after invading Iraq he reduced taxes even more. How anyone can believe the state of the economy and the deficit is due to Obama's presidency beggars all common sense.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

gmc;1368364 wrote: When Bush took over the US was on it's way to having no debt in another ten years or so. He introduced Tax cuts BEFORE 911. In 2003 after invading Iraq he reduced taxes even more. How anyone can believe the state of the economy and the deficit is due to Obama's presidency beggars all common sense.It's republican propaganda. The only people that buy it are the morons that vote for these republican monkeys. The only problem, of course, is that there is far too many monkeys granted the power to vote
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

On that note, I'm curious if anyone has still bought in to the idea that Obama is a terrorist in disguise...

Jesus, I just don't know what the hell we're going to do.

These religious fundamentalists are going to destroy this country just like the Romans warned against. Now there's a civilization that foreseen such a mess of garbage
Oscar Namechange

Apprently, Obama's new slogan Is 'Things could be a lot worse'.

He's right.... he could be re-elected.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1368427 wrote: Apprently, Obama's new slogan Is 'Things could be a lot worse'.

He's right.... he could be re-elected.

What exactly is it you have against him - is there actually cogent reason or just blind prejudice? Can't be his left wing politics as in UK terms they are almost non-existent.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1368549 wrote: What exactly is it you have against him - is there actually cogent reason or just blind prejudice? Can't be his left wing politics as in UK terms they are almost non-existent.
Predjudice ??? My, That's a strong word for a Scottish Nationalist to use against a British Nationalist.

Why do you assume there Is predjudice? I wouldn't give a toss Is he was Chinese. He's a lousey President. End of. And according to my lawyer, I am legally entitled to an opinion.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1368587 wrote: Predjudice ??? My, That's a strong word for a Scottish Nationalist to use against a British Nationalist.

Why do you assume there Is predjudice? I wouldn't give a toss Is he was Chinese. He's a lousey President. End of. And according to my lawyer, I am legally entitled to an opinion.

Because there seems to be no reason. Most of the animus towards Obama seems to be prejudiced rather than rational.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”