A Philosophy for Respecting All of Life – Defying Gravity

kasjaws

Post by kasjaws »

I believe in respect for all of life and I believe that a creator made us all – every species and none is “above” another. This is the basis of everything I believe in and the philosophy by which I try to live my life. I believe a loving creator wanted us all to live together and converse together in peace. I believe all animals communicate telepathically and that is how I and other animal communicators, talk with them.

So what does this have to do with defying gravity? Well I went to see the musical “Wicked” and was amazed to find the main character was not the “wicked witch of the west” of the Wizard of Oz, but rather a fellow animal communicator. If you have either read Gregory Maguire’s book or have seen the musical Wicked, you know that the entire plot of turning the main character Elphaba, against the Wizard of Oz and into the Wicked Witch of the West, revolves around a conflict with talking animals. Imagine how it felt not knowing this and watching the plot unfold as the character you have known all your life as the “Wicked” Witch of the West begins as a crusader to save the animals ability to talk with humans – to save the animals from becoming “less than”.

I think this is an excellent metaphor for living equally and graciously with all life on this planet. The philosophy set forth in “Wicked” is one of equality of life. The animals in the story are just like the humans. They think and talk and are self-aware until someone decides they should not be. They should be “seen and not heard”. So eventually they lost their ability to speak the human language. I think what really happened is we lost our ability to speak and hear the telepathic language used by all animals.

So here is another “fable” that explains why there is such a gap between humanity and the rest of creation. Another version of “the fall” where a man is so proud and greedy, he sets up the animals as enemy of the humans. I believe that is in fact what happened one day so long ago. Whether it happened in the Garden of Eden or the Land of Oz, humanity chose to set itself apart from the rest of creation, to claim dominion over all. This is the “original sin” and we are still living with it.
eraser

Post by eraser »

Interesting post. I share many of your beliefs.

Welcome. :)
kasjaws

Post by kasjaws »

Thank you. It is not always so well received. I do appreciate it.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I appreciate your philosophy and attitude towards the world around you. Respect. I have always believed that animals are intelligent although not with the analytical minds we humans possess. I don't have to look twice at my cat to understand that as I type he is wondering if I am going to go to the kitchen to cook soon or stay on the computer for awhile. He is trying to decide if he should take a nap or stay on the alert with one eye on the kitchen. He'll end up napping with the gain of one ear turned up 110%. He has a plan. For himself at least.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

kasjaws;1367747 wrote: I believe in respect for all of life and I believe that a creator made us all – every species and none is “above” another. This is the basis of everything I believe in and the philosophy by which I try to live my life. I believe a loving creator wanted us all to live together and converse together in peace. I believe all animals communicate telepathically and that is how I and other animal communicators, talk with them.

So what does this have to do with defying gravity? Well I went to see the musical “Wicked” and was amazed to find the main character was not the “wicked witch of the west” of the Wizard of Oz, but rather a fellow animal communicator. If you have either read Gregory Maguire’s book or have seen the musical Wicked, you know that the entire plot of turning the main character Elphaba, against the Wizard of Oz and into the Wicked Witch of the West, revolves around a conflict with talking animals. Imagine how it felt not knowing this and watching the plot unfold as the character you have known all your life as the “Wicked” Witch of the West begins as a crusader to save the animals ability to talk with humans – to save the animals from becoming “less than”.

I think this is an excellent metaphor for living equally and graciously with all life on this planet. The philosophy set forth in “Wicked” is one of equality of life. The animals in the story are just like the humans. They think and talk and are self-aware until someone decides they should not be. They should be “seen and not heard”. So eventually they lost their ability to speak the human language. I think what really happened is we lost our ability to speak and hear the telepathic language used by all animals.

So here is another “fable” that explains why there is such a gap between humanity and the rest of creation. Another version of “the fall” where a man is so proud and greedy, he sets up the animals as enemy of the humans. I believe that is in fact what happened one day so long ago. Whether it happened in the Garden of Eden or the Land of Oz, humanity chose to set itself apart from the rest of creation, to claim dominion over all. This is the “original sin” and we are still living with it. Do you feel life is limited to Earth? How did life begin on

Earth? I'm curious how relevant you feel it is to bring up the point that life has taken roughly 14 billion years to evolve enough to consider a creator. Is this some keen sense of humor by the creator? If not, what's this say about,..well,..taking 10 billion years to create life after seemingly being content while playing with fireballs...

If you feel life came from asteroids/meteors etc..etc.. then I'm afraid this harmony of communication would be irrelevant as I assume your theory is one that includes space-time as a primary constituent.

Return to “Philosophy”