Brokerages

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
Ahso!

Brokerages

Post by Ahso! »

Which one(s) do you use and why?

I've used E-trade and Ameritrade in the past. Now, except for my wife's 401k, which is through her employer's brokerage firm, I exclusively use USAA. The 50 first trades are free ($8.95 per trade thereafter), no management fees and advisors/analysts are all on salary (no commission). Very feature-rich online access and easy and quick transfers to and from checking accounts.

You must either be current or former military (or be related to someone who is) to have a USAA account. I like and recommend them.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Brokerages

Post by Lon »

Ahso!;1366869 wrote: Which one(s) do you use and why?

I've used E-trade and Ameritrade in the past. Now, except for my wife's 401k, which is through her employer's brokerage firm, I exclusively use USAA. The 50 first trades are free ($8.95 per trade thereafter), no management fees and advisors/analysts are all on salary (no commission). Very feature-rich online access and easy and quick transfers to and from checking accounts.

You must either be current or former military (or be related to someone who is) to have a USAA account. I like and recommend them.

I am a big fan of "Charles Schwab" and although they are not the lowest cost per trade, their other features and benefits make up for it. Their free checking and bill pay is outstanding an though it's a ON LINE BANK, it is my only bank. I also am a fan of "Vanguard" where my wife and I have our IRA's and other investments. NO ONE out does Vanguard with low costs and fees. I do not trade through Vanguard Brokerage however.

https://www.schwab.com/?src=nay

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/whatweoffer?WT.srch=1

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”