A Day At The Portland Zoo

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I love going to the zoo. I've been there 30 times in the past couple of years but never tire of returning. Today was no exception. I photographed a lion and a few Lorikeet Parrots this trip. It varies on each visit. This is the first time I've captured a lioness by herself. Usually there are two that hang together. The parrots were playful as ever, giving school kids plenty to talk about at the end of their visit.

Lon

Post by Lon »

Good Pics Bob----What kind of camera are you using?
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I was using my Nikon D7000 with a Nikkor 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 VRII
Lon

Post by Lon »

bobmielke;1361158 wrote: I was using my Nikon D7000 with a Nikkor 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 VRII

What's your thoughts about the digital cameras?
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I was a professional wedding and portrait photographer for years before digital cameras were released. I spent countless hours in my darkrooms processing my film and printing. I don't miss the chemicals and working in the dark one bit. I'm a big fan of digital cameras and have a great new Nikon D7000. Its $1200 price tag was a bargain considering its capabilities. If you shoot snapshots and want a pocket camera I can recommend Canon pocket cameras. I own a Leica V-LUX 20 pocket digital but not everyone is willing to spend $700 for a pocket digital. The quality shots I get from it makes it worth it for me.
Cody Wellard

Post by Cody Wellard »

Beauty Birds!

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”