A Quiet Place - Bob's Lair

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I know I'm new to this forum but when I spotted a forum where you can actually have your own room I had to jump in and start my own. I'm a very quiet sould, until you get to know me. LOL Then my friends claim they can't shut me up. I've had my pastor call me the happiest soul she's ever met. I take that as quite a compliment.

Come on in, pull up a comfy chair & kick your shoes off. You're home at Bob's Lair.

Bob - Gonna Scare you now! :wah:

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I think my place will have be a room with a view. Since I love the ocean I'll make that my main view, looking out over the Pacific on Canon Beach. Now this should make you kick your shoes off and relax. :)

Odie

Post by Odie »

well it didn`t take you long to move in!:yh_rotfl

nice view here, now is there any food.......

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

All I have is handmade pizza from Tutabellas in Seattle, Washington. Then there's dessert from a little restaurant near Crater Lake National Park. Fresh hot sugar free Blueberry & Cherry pie, right out of the oven. They were whole pies, five minutes earlier. LOL

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Putting flowers on my table. Got to have flowers at my place. :)

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Great place you just need beer. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

OK, my shoes are off and I'm comfy in my recliner. I've lost 35 pounds since this photo was taken.

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

CARLA;1361088 wrote: Great place you just need beer. :)

That's never going to happy in my room. I'm a recovering alcoholic. Haven't had a drop since 1978. You wouldn't like to see me drink. :)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Fair enough and congrats on you continued recovery.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361085 wrote: All I have is handmade pizza from Tutabellas in Seattle, Washington. Then there's dessert from a little restaurant near Crater Lake National Park. Fresh hot sugar free Blueberry & Cherry pie, right out of the oven. They were whole pies, five minutes earlier. LOL

thank you, that pizza looks so good and I just loved warmed up

cherry pie!:guitarist
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361089 wrote: OK, my shoes are off and I'm comfy in my recliner. I've lost 35 pounds since this photo was taken.

Good early Morning, I'm taking after you now, was up at 6am:yh_rotfl

You look so nice and relaxed sitting back, wonderful news losing that much weight!

oops, now how did she get here?:lips::sneaky::wah:

Attached files
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

When I retired I told myself the typical lie that I would be sleeping until noon every day. Actually the opposite is true. I'm an early riser, putting it bluntly. I got up around 2:45 AM this morning. I normally rise at 3:00. I have acquired the habit of taking nice long naps on occasion in the afternoons. I'm a solitary soul that likes to use the alone, quiet times, to correspond with friends online or plan my daytime activities. I haven't checked the weather forecast yet so no plans are being made. I'm as free as a bird and love it.

Are you actually 3 hours ahead of me in time where you live? It's 3:30 AM here now. I'm accustomed to dealing with Europeans from Britain, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Australia because of the different forums I frequent. My sister, Barbara, lives in South Carolina along the East coast and also is three hours ahead of me.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361109 wrote: When I retired I told myself the typical lie that I would be sleeping until noon every day. Actually the opposite is true. I'm an early riser, putting it bluntly. I got up around 2:45 AM this morning. I normally rise at 3:00. I have acquired the habit of taking nice long naps on occasion in the afternoons. I'm a solitary soul that likes to use the alone, quiet times, to correspond with friends online or plan my daytime activities. I haven't checked the weather forecast yet so no plans are being made. I'm as free as a bird and love it.

Are you actually 3 hours ahead of me in time where you live? It's 3:30 AM here now. I'm accustomed to dealing with Europeans from Britain, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Australia because of the different forums I frequent. My sister, Barbara, lives in South Carolina along the East coast and also is three hours ahead of me.

I have no idea our time difference, I know when I chat with my friends on facebook from Australia and other forums, they are a day ahead.....roughly 14 hours ahead of me.

my England friends are 6 hours ahead of me.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hello, Bob and welcome to ForumGarden. :) I also have a sister named Barbara.

I also have a "room" and you are cordially invited to visit there anytime.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
BeccaRachel

Post by BeccaRachel »

bob, you'll fit right in if you hate America and God. Just saying. Take a looksy.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I love God & America.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361159 wrote: I love God & America.

I to do Bob,the US are Canada's neighbours and I have the utmost respect for them

but you will find occasional one's here that will do nothing but beat up the US, so get your gloves on!:yh_rotfl

and some do not even live in the US!:yh_wink
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I've added a pet of sort to my room. Meet Polly. I know that's not original as names go but it sort of fits. :)

Odie

Post by Odie »

Polly is striking with all her beautiful colors!

I will have to find some seeds for her:wah:
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Pass out the cigars I'm a daddy again! I was out in my back yard yesterday afternoon walking to my mail box when I spotted our visiting pair of Canadian geese with two newborn goslings. They are so cute I had to whip out my pocket digital camera and get this photo of the new family. Isn't life grand!

Odie

Post by Odie »

Good Morning and congrats dad!

They are just to cute.

well, I'm off for a while as I need to cut the grass before more rain tomorrow.

I made you some tea and little cakes, enjoy!

Attached files
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

You can picture me hard at work, early in the morning, all by myself.

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Bob is hard at work. Guess what I need to do today? .............................................. Laundry!

Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361353 wrote: Bob is hard at work. Guess what I need to do today? .............................................. Laundry!

you missed my post!:-5:yh_rotfl

have fun with your laundry!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Favorite Restaurants - There's a little place known as Camp 18 on highway 26 heading to Seaside, OR. It's a converted logger's camp that is quite huge. The food is good but most tourists and locals go there for the tourist attractions in and around the facility's grounds. There are walking trails and tons of historical artifacts of the logging industry. The huge parking lot is always jammed on weekends.

Odie

Post by Odie »

its really cool, we also have a restaurant like that 2 hours north of me.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Morning Bob!

Well, its starting out quite cool but will warm up later to a toasty 18C.

Just going to my favorite garden nursery as they have 40% off, I am looking for a blue Oriental Poppy which is extremely hard to find and a few others.

Attached files
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I just planted Begonias and Gladiolas on my balcony. They were bulbs instead of seeds or grown plants. I'm having fun watching things break the surface of the soil for the first time. It's all part of the enjoyment garnered from growing living things.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361413 wrote: I just planted Begonias and Gladiolas on my balcony. They were bulbs instead of seeds or grown plants. I'm having fun watching things break the surface of the soil for the first time. It's all part of the enjoyment garnered from growing living things.

Bulbs may not grow in containers.

I tried crocus bulbs a few years ago, my gardening forum said that they need to be in the ground to survive, especially over the winter months.

and if you need the name of my gardening forum, just pm me, dozens of top notch gardeners there and really nice members!

good luck and let me know!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

This is my first attempt to grow from bulbs. I had been buying potted plants and transplanting them. I'll let you know if they survive.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361439 wrote: This is my first attempt to grow from bulbs. I had been buying potted plants and transplanting them. I'll let you know if they survive.

have you already planted them?

The best flowers for containers are annuals, perennials come back every year and need the deep surrounding earth to do their thing.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Yup, they've been in the planters for a week already. We might get some sun today to help them out.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361466 wrote: Yup, they've been in the planters for a week already. We might get some sun today to help them out.

I've been waiting all day for sun as promised.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Good Morning!

thought I would stop by and say hello before I start my day.

enjoy your morning tea:-6

Attached files
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I have Odie, along with a big bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal, my favorite. Time now to attack 7 loads of laundry. Thanks for the tea.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361519 wrote: I have Odie, along with a big bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal, my favorite. Time now to attack 7 loads of laundry. Thanks for the tea.

your welcome Bob.

7 loads......omg....you'll be at this all day.

that is one of my favorite oatmeal's as well..........mmmmmmm!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Good Sunny Morning!

My street is having a garage sale, so I'm off to funk some junk I can sell!:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Good Morning my friend!

It's sunny and just a gorgeous day here!

Hoping you have a really good day!:-6

a pic of 3 of my 5 cats.

click for larger view

Attached files
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I do love kitties. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361732 wrote: I do love kitties. :)

me to.:-6:-6
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I do like this forum's Journal section. It's a kind of blog that lets me keep track of what I'm doing in life. I've never seen this on any other forum.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361810 wrote: I do like this forum's Journal section. It's a kind of blog that lets me keep track of what I'm doing in life. I've never seen this on any other forum.

Glad your enjoying the journal section, myself, I wouldn't want everyone reading it.
Odie

Post by Odie »

I don't understand why your leaving here as you have had quite a few responses in all of

your threads. Not everyone responds to every thread here, its whatever they're interests are. Every person is different and unique in their own ways.

If its because of the weekend, not many post Bob as they have things to do when working and most are out enjoying the weather.

Your a wonderful addition here, so please, think it over before you decide to leave.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I just discovered that my nutty computer suddenly was redirecting all the notices of responses to the spam folder. I knew something weird was going on because they just completely stopped. I'll straighten it out and be back soon.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Ok, I've fixed my computer bug and am back, for what that is worth. This is what I found lurking inside my computer. A nasty little critter.

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

bobmielke;1361913 wrote: Ok, I've fixed my computer bug and am back, for what that is worth. This is what I found lurking inside my computer. A nasty little critter.

Certainly want to keep those out of the computer - they play havoc with the bytes running round posting pixels to the screen :-)
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

They like dead things. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Odie;1361893 wrote: I don't understand why your leaving here as you have had quite a few responses in all of

your threads. Not everyone responds to every thread here, its whatever they're interests are. Every person is different and unique in their own ways.

If its because of the weekend, not many post Bob as they have things to do when working and most are out enjoying the weather.

Your a wonderful addition here, so please, think it over before you decide to leave.

you never did answer me, you posted in your journal you were leaving?

and that thing, is it a bug Bob?
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Please understand that I had no contact with anyone in the forum for 3-4 days. I thought I'd been ostracized or something. I'm not going to stay where I'm not wanted. At that point I had no idea it was a computer glitch. I'm glad I didn't burn bridges behind me.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361920 wrote: Please understand that I had no contact with anyone in the forum for 3-4 days. I thought I'd been ostracized or something. I'm not going to stay where I'm not wanted. At that point I had no idea it was a computer glitch. I'm glad I didn't burn bridges behind me.

oh gosh no, Bob, everyone thinks so much of you and some days and especially weekends, some don't post as they just have no time.

glad it was only a computer glitch and your staying:-6

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”