Canyons Of The West

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
bobmielke

Canyons Of The West

Post by bobmielke »

I stumbled on this great tour of the Canyons of The West bus tour by Green Tortoise Tours. I made the reservations to take this 8 day tour of some of the most scenic parts of the Western United States. My travels will take me to Bryce National Park, Zion National Park, Arches National Park, Monument Valley in the Navajo Nation Reservation, Lake Powell and finally two days in the Grand Canyon.

Being a fanatical photographer this is a "Bucket List" golden opportunity. Recently retired, I'm really looking forward to capture the landscapes of the desert West. I'll travel through California, Nevada, Colorado & Utah. I leave July 20th by Amtrak train for San Francisco, California to begin my journey. Check it out. Green Tortoise Adventure Bus Tours - Canyons of the West
Odie

Canyons Of The West

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361015 wrote: I stumbled on this great tour of the Canyons of The West bus tour by Green Tortoise Tours. I made the reservations to take this 8 day tour of some of the most scenic parts of the Western United States. My travels will take me to Bryce National Park, Zion National Park, Arches National Park, Monument Valley in the Navajo Nation Reservation, Lake Powell and finally two days in the Grand Canyon.

Being a fanatical photographer this is a "Bucket List" golden opportunity. Recently retired, I'm really looking forward to capture the landscapes of the desert West. I'll travel through California, Nevada, Colorado & Utah. I leave July 20th by Amtrak train for San Francisco, California to begin my journey. Check it out. Green

Tortoise Adventure Bus Tours - Canyons of the West

wow Bob, this trip sounds so exciting!
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Canyons Of The West

Post by CARLA »

You will be seeing amazing spots I have been to them all and they take your breath away you will enjoy it.

I'm also a huge fan of your State, Oregon coastline is beautiful. I have crisscrossed your state many time. I have often said if I were to ever move from my home town of San Diego Yachats Oregon would be a lovely place to move to.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Wandrin

Canyons Of The West

Post by Wandrin »

CARLA;1361068 wrote: You will be seeing amazing spots I have been to them all and they take your breath away you will enjoy it.

I'm also a huge fan of your State, Oregon coastline is beautiful. I have crisscrossed your state many time. I have often said if I were to ever move from my home town of San Diego Yachats Oregon would be a lovely place to move to.

Nice place. I'd have to live close to a Mo's. When the oysters are in season, I'd be gaining pounds at Mo's with a smile on my face.

I agree that the canyons are great. I like Zion the best, but they are all worth visiting again (and again).
bobmielke

Canyons Of The West

Post by bobmielke »

I've ridden my motorcycles about 80,000 miles in the past 5 years that I've lived in Oregon. I've ridden Highway 101 from Seattle, Washington to Fortuna, California and the Avenue of Giants. Those are some huge redwood trees. I've ridden to Mt. St Helens twice and Seattle twice. I even made it to Vancouver, British Columbia to visit my friend, Warren's, relatives. Talking about it gets me excited for another road trip. Only 6 weeks left until the Canyons of the West Tour.
Cody Wellard

Canyons Of The West

Post by Cody Wellard »

Splendid state, the state of Oregon, a must on my to do list! Sounds awesome!
bobmielke

Canyons Of The West

Post by bobmielke »

The countdown is at 13 days, and counting. I'm starting to get really excited about the trip! :)

Return to “Travel Vacation”