My son Patrick

Discussion group for bereaved parents.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their children, grandchildren or siblings.
whitenoise

My son Patrick

Post by whitenoise »

I am so glad I ran across this website. I feel I need to talk about my son constantly. It helps me everyday and I know my family and friends get tired of every single time they talk to me it has to be about him. My Son Patrick died in a car accident four months ago. Although it still hurts like it was yesterday. He was 19 years old and just starting to live life as an adult. I am dealing with a lot of things right now, From hate to anger to sadness. Patrick was not the driver the driver was my neighbor who just happens to live about 10 feet away. He was 4 times over the legal alcohol level. I have days where I hate his guts and then I have other days that I know my son wouldn't want me to hate him. They were good friends and were both drinking although my son was barely over the legal limit. Anyway I deal with these things every day on top of missing him so incredibly much.. I just don't know where to turn to when I am having yet another bad night or day. I go to a bereaved Parents group but they only meet once a month and thats just not enough for me right now. I guess I came in here to talk to other parents that have lost their children too, someone that understands what im going though.

Thank you, Jennifer
thandismom

My son Patrick

Post by thandismom »

Jennifer, I am so sorry for your loss. Dealing with the sudden death of my daughter Thandi in february 2011 has been very difficult, and I am hoping that we can offer each other support and friendship if possible. I am patient and understanding and I hope that we may be able to communicate regularly.
whitenoise

My son Patrick

Post by whitenoise »

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter..And yes I would love to become friends and communicate with someone else that knows what I am going though because they are going though the same thing..How old was your daughter? if you don't mind me asking?
Debb

My son Patrick

Post by Debb »

Hello Jennifer, I am sorry for the very recent loss of your son Patrick/ I, too, lost my daughter in a schoolbus accident and understand how it feels to have had them in the care of someone else. You may wish to go to WIN-WIN PUBLISHING - Home and click on the link Recapturing the Joy. Perhaps it will help you through this unfamiliar territory we land in when we are thrust into the role of bereaved parent. Love to you, Deb xox

whitenoise;1356911 wrote: I am so glad I ran across this website. I feel I need to talk about my son constantly. It helps me everyday and I know my family and friends get tired of every single time they talk to me it has to be about him. My Son Patrick died in a car accident four months ago. Although it still hurts like it was yesterday. He was 19 years old and just starting to live life as an adult. I am dealing with a lot of things right now, From hate to anger to sadness. Patrick was not the driver the driver was my neighbor who just happens to live about 10 feet away. He was 4 times over the legal alcohol level. I have days where I hate his guts and then I have other days that I know my son wouldn't want me to hate him. They were good friends and were both drinking although my son was barely over the legal limit. Anyway I deal with these things every day on top of missing him so incredibly much.. I just don't know where to turn to when I am having yet another bad night or day. I go to a bereaved Parents group but they only meet once a month and thats just not enough for me right now. I guess I came in here to talk to other parents that have lost their children too, someone that understands what im going though.

Thank you, Jennifer
Loyal

My son Patrick

Post by Loyal »

Whitenoise---------There are not enough words to express condolences for the loss of your son. Do you have other children? You must let loose of the anger. It will destroy what you have left of yourself. You offer reconsilitation to the other party, not for the other person, but for yourself. --------If you are a religious person, prayer is very important. That will help when nothing else will. I will be glad to share some bible thoughts with you about death . I sincerely hope for your comfort and well being, you will accept my invitation.--------My Deepest Sympathy
elainep

My son Patrick

Post by elainep »

my name is elaine i no longer have my daughter she is 19yr and beatiful intelligent,giving and i just cant stop thinking of her and what i could have and should have done i dont know how to go on i wake up in a panic and go to sleep fearful
Debb

My son Patrick

Post by Debb »

Hi Jennifer, I have not been in here for a while and am just now reading your message. My daughter was 6 years old at the time of her death and no, I do not mind you asking. You can ask me anything, no problem at all. How are you doing these days ?? Love, Deb ♥

Return to “Bereaved Parents”