Xbox: Software Sells

illuminati

Post by illuminati »

At the company's Monday night press conference, Microsoft didn't unveil any new hardware or even hint at the hardware side of things.

Instead, the company highlighted the next-generation games that shine on its system and online service.

More:

http://www.e3insider.com/articles/insid ... KDOXJI.htm

Attached files
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

I just clicked on the thumbnails. Wow! Great graphics!

I just clicked on the story:

"Allard also demonstrated new features soon to be available on Xbox Live, including voicemail, old-school arcade games, and video mail.

"Video communication is the next step that will revolutionize entertainment," he said."

Wow! I agree!

"the greatly anticipated Halo 2. In a gameplay demo, two Bungie bigwigs showed how the sequel will allow gamers to play as Covenant aliens, wield dual weapons, and lay waste to vehicles (the poor Warthog is no longer invulnerable)."

wow!

"Peter Moore, vice president of worldwide marketing and publishing for Xbox, promised a street date of November 9 for Halo 2. "And yes," he added, "that's 2004."

great!

"Microsoft also used numbers to back up those claims, including the fact that 14 million Xboxes have been sold to date and that Xbox Live is on a faster pace to reach one million subscribers than AOL, HBO, or TiVo."

Good to hear. Microsoft learned long ago that all the margin and $$ is in software. Like the original Windows & Windows 2, they took a little while to get things tweaked. Then they cruised.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “The Gaming Zone - PC Console”