IAC Video of Polish Pres Plane Crash.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

In Smolensk Russia. This is just a computer simulation of the last 30 minutes of the flight. It gets really interesting from about 25 minutes on. Don't worry about the politics, everybody knows what happened in the cockpit of this plane. Unfortunately a lot of innocent people died because of it.

An interesting video all in all.

Polish presidential plane crash minute by minute — RT
gmc

Post by gmc »

RT is an interesting channel. It's no odder than the BBC having foreign language programmes but being British you tend to assume no one else does it quite as well as us.

European Union News | euronews, latest breaking news and headlines about European Union

The different emphases are interesting.
spot

Post by spot »

It's a bit amateurish, RT, but worthy.

I've not spent the half hour watching the simulation but I can't see what pride-related benefit the Poles get from denying what happened.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1350676 wrote: It's a bit amateurish, RT, but worthy.

I've not spent the half hour watching the simulation but I can't see what pride-related benefit the Poles get from denying what happened.

Good presentation and no real content doesn't do it for me. It's quite good to be able to look at two or three different viewpoints on the same story.

Maybe national pride, admitting this was just stupidity on the part of the pilots might be hard to do.
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1350718 wrote: Maybe national pride, admitting this was just stupidity on the part of the pilots might be hard to do.They've finally got round to it though.Thirteen top Polish military officers have been fired, and a deputy defence minister has resigned, over last year's air disaster in western Russia. The government announced the dismissals after a report identifying mistakes by poorly trained pilots as the main cause of the crash. Then-President Lech Kaczynski, his wife and 94 senior officials died when the jet tried to land in heavy fog.

The air force regiment responsible for VIP flights was also disbanded [...] Pilots and other personnel from the disbanded regiment will be transferred to other air force units. Poland's civilian national carrier, Lot, will now be responsible for VIP flights, Mr Tusk said.

BBC News - Smolensk air crash: Poland sacks top military officers

Poland acknowledges it's pilot's fault - English pravda.ru

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Science Technology Videos”