Celtic Tiger

capt_buzzard

Celtic Tiger

Post by capt_buzzard »

Dance SuperStar Michael Flatley, has confirmed that his new show, ''Celtic Tiger'' the successor to Lord of the Dance www.lordofthedance.com

will make its world debut in Hungary next July, and will be in the US and Canada by the Fall ( Autumn) Michael Flatley started out with Riverdance (Irish walked on water) www.riverdance.com

Now its Celtic Tiger, which blends Irish myth,history and culture through dance and music.

Ulster Scots www.oneagleswing.com
spot

Celtic Tiger

Post by spot »

I saw Riverdance at the Apollo Hammersmith in London, it was a curious affair altogether. The had a magnificent bodhran player which made it worth being in the audience. I did think that the management had the cast tightly controlled. I don't think anyone's gone from performing to fame, which is a bit harsh - the talent was there, but the controllers saw no profit from promoting anyone.

I'll look out for reviews of the new show. I tend to prefer drama to spectacle, but it's possible to have both - there was an astounding run of Showboat, for example, that had me sat up in my seat around the same time that I saw Riverdance.

Where do you go to see live performance? What excites you most on stage?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Celtic Tiger

Post by gmc »

shows what I know. I thought you were about to post on how well the Irish have done out of the being mambers of the EEC :D
Bothwell

Celtic Tiger

Post by Bothwell »

Capn I have to say I have seen La Flatley interviewed and I was aghast at his opinion of his own worth, absolutely ludicrous.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"

Return to “General Music”