I have gone a whole day without a Cigarette...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

From 60 a day:

I have just gone all day with-out a Cigarette. :driving::driving::driving:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1338839 wrote: From 60 a day:

I have just gone all day with-out a Cigarette. :driving::driving::driving:

One day at a time.

Every now and again a relapse - then start climbing once more towards the light.

It took me six months to realise that I was free. I had to run for a bus and, after catching it, thought "I'm not wheezing! You know, I feel quite good" and knowing that I'd never have caught it whilst I was smoking.

Health crept up on me - but be sure to expect a bad cough and sore throat in about a week's time. That's your body starting to heal itself once the poisons work their way out of your system.

It might not feel like it, but it is good for you :-)

Be strong, you'll win :-6
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1338844 wrote: One day at a time.

Every now and again a relapse - then start climbing once more towards the light.

It took me six months to realise that I was free. I had to run for a bus and, after catching it, thought "I'm not wheezing! You know, I feel quite good" and knowing that I'd never have caught it whilst I was smoking.

Health crept up on me - but be sure to expect a bad cough and sore throat in about a week's time. That's your body starting to heal itself once the poisons work their way out of your system.

It might not feel like it, but it is good for you :-)

Be strong, you'll win :-6
Thank You Kindly Bryn. I posted this as a thread because I know there are many smokers here and many who have given up for good and that was just the encouragement I needed.

I tried before but the pills 'Champix' made me very sick as did the Nicorete chewing gum.

This time I have the patches, the Plastic Inhaler and what I found to be a great help today, the Nicorete Lozenges. They did make me feel a little sick which has put me off my food but then, that Is also a good thing for me.

I am now wondering what to spend the £20 I saved today on.

Yes. one day at a time. All help and encouragement will be a bonus.

Good for you Bryn, If I see other heavy smokers like you and Kaz quit for good, I may just do It this time.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1338845 wrote: Thank You Kindly Bryn. I posted this as a thread because I know there are many smokers here and many who have given up for good and that was just the encouragement I needed.

I tried before but the pills 'Champix' made me very sick as did the Nicorete chewing gum.

This time I have the patches, the Plastic Inhaler and what I found to be a great help today, the Nicorete Lozenges. They did make me feel a little sick which has put me off my food but then, that Is also a good thing for me.

I am now wondering what to spend the £20 I saved today on.

Yes. one day at a time. All help and encouragement will be a bonus.

Good for you Bryn, If I see other heavy smokers like you and Kaz quit for good, I may just do It this time.

I was only ever a twenty a day smoker but I kept that up for twenty years. I've been clean now for over twenty years and I'm fitter now than I ever was.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1338847 wrote: I was only ever a twenty a day smoker but I kept that up for twenty years. I've been clean now for over twenty years and I'm fitter now than I ever was.
I probably only actually smoke half of the 60 a day. I am very bad at leaving them burning away In ash trays especially when I am on the laptop. I got a wireless mouse so I would have some-thing to do with my hands while I was on the laptop and that has also been a help.

I have a very special 6 year old nephew coming at the end of the month and my goal Is to bring him In to a totally smoke free house and not to keep dissapearing on him to go out-side for a cig.

Even 20 a day can be as hard to quite as 60 a day.
Boogalette

Post by Boogalette »

Congats! It really is one day at a time!

I`ve almost got 3 years in. I smoked for 25. I`ve had a puff here and there, but no desire to go back to them. I can breath now. I feel better. I can do cardio and enjoy it. I don`t smell anymore.

Keep it up, and each craving is about 1 minute long. You can get thru a minute ;)
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
Lon

Post by Lon »

I feel your pain. It's been 20 years for me and it was an absolute bitch trying to quit. HANG IN THERE LADY. :-5
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1338848 wrote: I probably only actually smoke half of the 60 a day. I am very bad at leaving them burning away In ash trays especially when I am on the laptop. I got a wireless mouse so I would have some-thing to do with my hands while I was on the laptop and that has also been a help.

I have a very special 6 year old nephew coming at the end of the month and my goal Is to bring him In to a totally smoke free house and not to keep dissapearing on him to go out-side for a cig.

Even 20 a day can be as hard to quite as 60 a day.

I think you've got the will power to do this! I remember how strange all the stuff I ate tasted after I quit. Orange juice was a real treat.

Stay strong young lady! We're all rooting for you.:yh_clap:yh_clap
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

Post by koan »

I've quit three times and am trying to rev up for the next quit.

Basically, no matter how much time goes by don't ever think you can have just one. As hard as it might seem now, it's harder to quit each time if you relapse.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

i hope you are still off the cigs oscar, and good luck and well done so far!!! If you can go one day you can go another day:) Bryns right the second week is bad, but i felt so ill i couldnt comprehend having a cigarette:wah: I didnt use any aids so i wanted to eat constantly, and especially when i was using the computer my hand would automatically go to where my cigs would normally be. As i was eating for England, i put a bowl of grapes there instead, or sunflower seeds or rice crackers summat like that;)

I also had to change certain routines, like first thing when i woke up i would make a coffee and sit at the kitchen table looking out the window drinking my coffee and smoking. Now i make a cuppa, go in to the living room and turn on the news:rolleyes::wah:

Grit your teeth and struggle through Oscar,, just imagine how you wil feel to know you have not smoked one cigarette for a whole week!!!:guitarist

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

Thank You for all the positive replies. They have been a great help and encouraging. Just what I needed.

Day 2:

I managed to get to 5 pm ( 10 mins ago ) and had a relapse so I have smoked half a cigg.

Tonight will be the most difficult as will all weekend because I will be with my pals who smoke very heavilly.

Onwards and Upwards we go :guitarist:guitarist
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Go Oscar GO! I really, really hope you can do it! I'm pulling for you! :-4

My poor wife has tried to quit for many years and I wish she could. Nothing has worked for her, but I'm going to watch what you do and tell her.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Giving up smoking is easy....................I have done it several times.

Currently smoking, but intend to have another go soon.

Oh....sorry forgot to wish you well..............

You get a sort of smoking high just drawing fresh air, whilst giving up, or is it just me ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Bruv;1338898 wrote: Giving up smoking is easy....................I have done it several times.

ROFL! Ummmm....I think the words "giving up" are intended to mean, "permanently!" Or were you being funny? :D
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I think ironic is the word, it's an English thing.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
koan

Post by koan »

oscar;1338886 wrote:

Tonight will be the most difficult as will all weekend because I will be with my pals who smoke very heavilly.

Not a good idea. Usually friends will understand if you avoid them for at least the first two weeks.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Well done, Oscar. I managed 4 days last week then started again when the garage who were doing repairs on my car for the MOT told me the cat had to be replaced. How much?!! Yup, I started again. But I shall be stopping again very soon once I've seen the doc. Even after 4 days, I could feel improvements - especially to my breathing. I also found I had more energy.

So, well done, you.
binbag

Post by binbag »

Good on you oscar.

Stick with it.

You'll get a gold frame when you come back sometime and say....

*I've done it*

Very best of good wishes to you.

It looks like everyone's right behind you on this one.

bb
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Hang tough Oscar!:guitarist
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1338905 wrote: Well done, Oscar. I managed 4 days last week then started again when the garage who were doing repairs on my car for the MOT told me the cat had to be replaced. How much?!! Yup, I started again. But I shall be stopping again very soon once I've seen the doc. Even after 4 days, I could feel improvements - especially to my breathing. I also found I had more energy.

So, well done, you. What sort of cat will you replace It with? :yh_rotfl

Binbag... Thank You so much for the award. I have used It as my screen saver and Peter has printed It out for me. You are so thoughtful:-4

Thank You for all the positive and helpful replies.

Day 3 and It Is now getting really tough. I swear I have dreamt about ciggs for the past 2 nights. The sore throat has just started to come also.

However, that Is £60 more saved that I now have to go on Kauto Star's sheepskin nose-band In the King George Boxing Day.

This thread has been a huge help to me... Thank You to every one who has posted.

Bruv... Nice to see you here. :-4

Onwards and upwards :guitarist:guitarist
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1339000 wrote: What sort of cat will you replace It with? :yh_rotfl

Binbag... Thank You so much for the award. I have used It as my screen saver and Peter has printed It out for me. You are so thoughtful:-4

Thank You for all the positive and helpful replies.

Day 3 and It Is now getting really tough. I swear I have dreamt about ciggs for the past 2 nights. The sore throat has just started to come also.

However, that Is £60 more saved that I now have to go on Kauto Star's sheepskin nose-band In the King George Boxing Day.

This thread has been a huge help to me... Thank You to every one who has posted.

Bruv... Nice to see you here. :-4

Onwards and upwards :guitarist:guitarist

You may find nicotine patches would help you right now. They do a good job by taking away the withdrawal symptoms.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bruv;1338898 wrote: Giving up smoking is easy....................I have done it several times.

Currently smoking, but intend to have another go soon.

Oh....sorry forgot to wish you well..............

You get a sort of smoking high just drawing fresh air, whilst giving up, or is it just me ?

Nope I'm getting that as well . I keep getting dizzy spells like I've stood up too quickly.....lungs arent' used to the amount of air going into them.

Good on ya Oscar!!!!! I've relapsed a couple of times ...but getting there . And surprisingly the boys are a big help.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

Good for you Oscar ^ ^
I miss you Odie
Lon

Post by Lon »

amy;1339051 wrote: Still hanging in there oscar????

I quit for 1,5 years and then started again :-5

I love my ciggies to much :-3

Anyway.. Good luck!

Of course you love them, you're addicted. :wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Good for you Oscar:-4. You're travelling a long road there girl, and you're bound to fall a few times. But, I know you'll succeed because NOW you know that you're ready.

Since I knew that I'll never smoke cigs again, I do puff, not inhale, on a wee, sweet cigarillo once in a blue moon.

I bought myself a trip to Florida when I gave up the fags and put the money that I would have spend in a year, on cigs, in a jar to save for the trip.

I'm so proud of you Julie:-6 Keep taking one day at a time.
Oscar Namechange

Thank You again for all the wonderful responses. They are certainly helping me as It seems that all around me day to day are smoking.

Roger... The patches have been a great help but the lozenges have really put me off my food and made me feel rather sick. Mind you, I did rather over-dose yesterday on them.

Mas... good to see you back.

It Is strange how much habit nonsense Is Involved In smoking. Like Amy, there are certain ciggs that I really enjoy and It Is these I miss.... The first one On the morning... The one after a meal with a coffee... The last one at night.... Then there are the rituals.

I usually disappear out the take-away weekends with the excuse I am going to pick the litter up off the pavement out-side but of course, It is to have a cigg every hour. Not having those ciggs means a complete change of habit and little rituals.

I have had one cigg today In a moment of relapse but compared to the 60 a day, I am absolutely thrilled. :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1339084 wrote: Thank You again for all the wonderful responses. They are certainly helping me as It seems that all around me day to day are smoking.

Roger... The patches have been a great help but the lozenges have really put me off my food and made me feel rather sick. Mind you, I did rather over-dose yesterday on them.

It Is strange how much habit nonsense Is Involved In smoking. Like Amy, there are certain ciggs that I really enjoy and It Is these I miss.... The first one On the morning... The one after a meal with a coffee... The last one at night.... Then there are the rituals.

I usually disappear out the take-away weekends with the excuse I am going to pick the litter up off the pavement out-side but of course, It is to have a cigg every hour. Not having those ciggs means a complete change of habit and little rituals.

I have had one cigg today In a moment of relapse but compared to the 60 a day, I am absolutely thrilled. :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

During the 4 days I went without, I noticed an increase in my energy levels too.

I was given Niquitin pills last time. The mint was overpowering and they gave me a severe sore throat.

Previously, I was given Champix. When I went up to the full dose, I felt like I had a massive hangover. That did nothing to help me stop at all.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

oscar;1339000 wrote: The sore throat has just started to come also.

That's just your REAL throat starting to feel and heal again! It's been dead to feeling for a long time. It'll get better. I'm REALLY proud of you, Oscar, you HANG ON! Stay with it, the world needs you.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Saint_;1339212 wrote: That's just your REAL throat starting to feel and heal again! It's been dead to feeling for a long time. It'll get better. I'm REALLY proud of you, Oscar, you HANG ON! Stay with it, the world needs you.

Bristol especially. :guitarist:):-4
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I'm having to imagine your voice changing now. Have you noticed you aren't having to clear your throat as often? That was one of my first noticeable items... that and I really do sound like mickey mouse now..

I'm thinking of you quite frequently now -hang tough!:-6

Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1339217 wrote: Bristol especially. :guitarist:):-4 Such wonderful replies... Thank You so much.... So encouraging.

It Is midnight here In Blighty land and I have just finished day 4. I have had the patched on and been sucking th lozenges which after a while taste foul. I got right up to about 8 pm tonight without a cigg and relapsed but here Is the big thing... I had smoked no more than a third of It and thought to myself.... 'I don't actually want this'... and threw the rest out of the car window. (Apologies to cyclist I think I Ignited In doing so). I lit It up and It tasted horrible. not sure If that was the lozenges though.

3 Break-throughs...

1) Last night as I tried dozing off to sleep I became aware that I could not hear that familiar wheeze I usually have,

2) Walking In the door tonight after being out for some hours, I could actually smell my Glade plug In's and not stale smoke.

3) I actually laughed today with out breaking Into a hacking cough.

It is truly remarkable at the difference In just 4 full days.

The Nicotine patches seem to disturb my sleep slightly and I have been having some very weird dreams but that Is a small price to pay.

Thank You again folks as you are all really helping me, you really are.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

i had weird dreams too :wah: funny i never got the sense of stronger sense of smell or taste though :thinking:

you are going a full day then relapsing late on in the day, its the thought of it more than anything Oscar, you think you must need one as you aint had one all day,,, but you dont need one as you found out, the trick is just resisting that temptation try telling yourself to wait ten more minutes first, by then you will probably have forgotten or talked yourself round :sneaky:

Be strong ,, you are capable of doing this.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1339267 wrote: Such wonderful replies... Thank You so much.... So encouraging.

It Is midnight here In Blighty land and I have just finished day 4. I have had the patched on and been sucking th lozenges which after a while taste foul. I got right up to about 8 pm tonight without a cigg and relapsed but here Is the big thing... I had smoked no more than a third of It and thought to myself.... 'I don't actually want this'... and threw the rest out of the car window. (Apologies to cyclist I think I Ignited In doing so). I lit It up and It tasted horrible. not sure If that was the lozenges though.

3 Break-throughs...

1) Last night as I tried dozing off to sleep I became aware that I could not hear that familiar wheeze I usually have,

2) Walking In the door tonight after being out for some hours, I could actually smell my Glade plug In's and not stale smoke.

3) I actually laughed today with out breaking Into a hacking cough.

It is truly remarkable at the difference In just 4 full days.

The Nicotine patches seem to disturb my sleep slightly and I have been having some very weird dreams but that Is a small price to pay.

Thank You again folks as you are all really helping me, you really are.

That is the point you need to reach - the realisation that the smoke tastes as foul as the left over butts smell the morning after and that you no longer enjoy the taste.

One you've reached that point then you're home free.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1339334 wrote: i had weird dreams too :wah: funny i never got the sense of stronger sense of smell or taste though :thinking:

you are going a full day then relapsing late on in the day, its the thought of it more than anything Oscar, you think you must need one as you aint had one all day,,, but you dont need one as you found out, the trick is just resisting that temptation try telling yourself to wait ten more minutes first, by then you will probably have forgotten or talked yourself round :sneaky:

Be strong ,, you are capable of doing this.

Thank You Bryn.

Kaz... You are absolutely right. I get to about 8 pm and my brain tells me I deserve one for being so good all day but today I managed to over-come It and went all day and night smoke free.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my advisor and will be Interested to see what my reading Is. Last week It was 26.

I am also making a start on washing down every wall and surface In the house and set about the mammoth task of washing all my clothing and getting stuff like coats dry cleaned.

I can not believe I have saved £100 In just 5 days.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1339424 wrote: Thank You Bryn.

Kaz... You are absolutely right. I get to about 8 pm and my brain tells me I deserve one for being so good all day but today I managed to over-come It and went all day and night smoke free.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my advisor and will be Interested to see what my reading Is. Last week It was 26.

I am also making a start on washing down every wall and surface In the house and set about the mammoth task of washing all my clothing and getting stuff like coats dry cleaned.

I can not believe I have saved £100 In just 5 days.
wooo hoooo!!!

A whole 24 hours well done!! You are just proving to yourself over and over that you can do it,, you dont need to smoke, you can go without:-6:D

I hope you are feeling ok today and juts imagine how proud of yourself you are going to be after another 24 hours;)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Excellent job Oscar!

I thought about packing a plum with my lunch in your honor, but I haven't liked the taste of them since i quit.:wah:

M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

oscar;1339084 wrote:

Thank you Mam :)
I miss you Odie
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I came across this in one of my emails today.

6 Simple Tricks That Help Smokers Quit | Quit Smoking | Care2 Healthy & Green Living
Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1339485 wrote: Excellent job Oscar!

I thought about packing a plum with my lunch in your honor, but I haven't liked the taste of them since i quit.:wah: I think I noticed a definate taste In my food today. I have been snacking on red grapes thanks to Roger's link... Thank You Roger.

Today I blew Into the tube again and my reading was 4 as oppossed to 26 last week.

My wheezy chest has definately gone and I am sure I can smell a little better.

I must admit, that today has been much easier than the past 5 days for the cravings and I have not needed as many lozenges. I have been active today which of course helps but things like washing all my clothes gives me a physcological boost.

Tomorrow will be a whole week and I just can not believe that I have not caved In. The longer you go without, the more determined you become to not give In.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1339623 wrote: I think I noticed a definate taste In my food today. I have been snacking on red grapes thanks to Roger's link... Thank You Roger.

Today I blew Into the tube again and my reading was 4 as oppossed to 26 last week.

My wheezy chest has definately gone and I am sure I can smell a little better.

I must admit, that today has been much easier than the past 5 days for the cravings and I have not needed as many lozenges. I have been active today which of course helps but things like washing all my clothes gives me a physcological boost.

Tomorrow will be a whole week and I just can not believe that I have not caved In. The longer you go without, the more determined you become to not give In.
You are doing great oscar!! i bet you are amazed at yourself aint you:wah: i was when i was doing it ,,, and still am really. I kept thinking .. god i thought it was going to be much harder than this:thinking: not saying it wasnt hard,, i just think i expected worse:-2

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

People have said that they have found smoking harder to stop then anything else they have tried to stop so well done you;)I have never smoked and can't see the attraction tbh but I admire people like you who have decided enough is enough.Also so proud of Kaz.Anyway good on you both.:-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Well done, Oscar. I'm glad you found the grapes tip useful. I love grapes so I shall be using that tip for sure myself.
Oscar Namechange

Thank You Carol, Kaz and Roger.

Today I have just got home from spoiling myself In the shops.... Retail therepy Is just sooooo good.

The grapes also help with the desire to pick from the fridge and put weight on.

I agree with Kaz... You think It Is going to be really, really bad. 60 a day is one heck of a habit and you do think that you will just never do It but my God, If I can go a week then any-one can.

Peter also blew Into the tube and his rating was zero which means he has not had any of my smoke either.

I still can not believe I have done this. I am the only one who smokes In my entire family and when I go to visit family In Sussex, I am the one out-side the house In the garden In snow and all weathers. HA... not now.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1339734 wrote: Thank You Carol, Kaz and Roger.

Today I have just got home from spoiling myself In the shops.... Retail therepy Is just sooooo good.

The grapes also help with the desire to pick from the fridge and put weight on.

I agree with Kaz... You think It Is going to be really, really bad. 60 a day is one heck of a habit and you do think that you will just never do It but my God, If I can go a week then any-one can.

Peter also blew Into the tube and his rating was zero which means he has not had any of my smoke either.

I still can not believe I have done this. I am the only one who smokes In my entire family and when I go to visit family In Sussex, I am the one out-side the house In the garden In snow and all weathers. HA... not now.
just keep on telling yourself that:wah:.. you have gone a week ,, you can go another and look forward to the day you can say 6 months or even a year.. also they stop popping in to your head so often the longer you go ,, you suddenly find you aint even thought about them for hours,,, then days ,,:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1339743 wrote: just keep on telling yourself that:wah:.. you have gone a week ,, you can go another and look forward to the day you can say 6 months or even a year.. also they stop popping in to your head so often the longer you go ,, you suddenly find you aint even thought about them for hours,,, then days ,,:thinking:

I find the cravings come less and less now. The first few days was torture and I swear I was dreaming about them In my sleep and getting a craving every 5 minutes but today, I can honestly say there were times I never gave them a thought. Especially In that clothes shop.

If any-one Is out there thinking of quitting then please look to me. I started smoking at 14 years old In the school chicken shed. Yes, Chicken shed because I went to Grammar school and woz posh. We did not have bike sheds just parks tor the Daddie's Bentleys. We were also a very rural school ( Bex will know my Grammar school as she lives near there). We had over 1,000 chickens and twas the duty of the school children to learn chicken husbandry... so usefull later on In life knowing how to deter a chicken from pecking the eggs of another... some-thing I found Invaluable over the years whilst studying. errrrrr not.

Of course, I must mention that I do have a husband who has helped and encouraged me all the way so Thanks to him also.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1339744 wrote: I find the cravings come less and less now. The first few days was torture and I swear I was dreaming about them In my sleep and getting a craving every 5 minutes but today, I can honestly say there were times I never gave them a thought. Especially In that clothes shop.

If any-one Is out there thinking of quitting then please look to me. I started smoking at 14 years old In the school chicken shed. Yes, Chicken shed because I went to Grammar school and woz posh. We did not have bike sheds just parks tor the Daddie's Bentleys. We were also a very rural school ( Bex will know my Grammar school as she lives near there). We had over 1,000 chickens and twas the duty of the school children to learn chicken husbandry... so usefull later on In life knowing how to deter a chicken from pecking the eggs of another... some-thing I found Invaluable over the years whilst studying. errrrrr not.

Of course, I must mention that I do have a husband who has helped and encouraged me all the way so Thanks to him also.

yea my hubby was also a smoker and unlike me Aaaalways trying to pack in,,, so he packed in with me and it was much easier for both of us. I always used to say when he was trying to quit... do you want me to not smoke in front of you.. i wont if it will help,.. he always said oh no i have to get used to other people smoking,, but tbh i think it would have been so hard if he had kept on smoking while i quit, at least for the first few weeks anyway.:thinking: you ahve the second week coming up which might be rough ,, get prepared and remember you just have to grit ye teeth and get through it ,, You WILL start to feel better eventually;):-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Been reading this thread. Had 3 ciggs Monday and 2 yesterday. None today yet. After my 2nd one yesterday I was actually pissed at myself for being weak. This thread got me to thinking maybe I can quit. Last night my wife noticed I hadn't had any cigs in the garage with her and asked about it. I told her I was making an effort and we would see how it turned out, I told her no pressure for her or for me. Lets just give it a shot.

I actually have thought a number of times today that "Heck this is easy" then 1/2 hr later almost reaching for one. I was only about a pack a day smoker so not nearly as bad as Oscar. We'll see.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

YZGI;1339784 wrote: Been reading this thread. Had 3 ciggs Monday and 2 yesterday. None today yet. After my 2nd one yesterday I was actually pissed at myself for being weak. This thread got me to thinking maybe I can quit. Last night my wife noticed I hadn't had any cigs in the garage with her and asked about it. I told her I was making an effort and we would see how it turned out, I told her no pressure for her or for me. Lets just give it a shot.

I actually have thought a number of times today that "Heck this is easy" then 1/2 hr later almost reaching for one. I was only about a pack a day smoker so not nearly as bad as Oscar. We'll see.
thats a good attitude actually ,, thats the way i did it ... hmm i wonder if i could,, that was how i started:wah: you do automatically reach for your cigs in the first week, that will pass:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

kazalala;1339785 wrote: thats a good attitude actually ,, thats the way i did it ... hmm i wonder if i could,, that was how i started:wah: you do automatically reach for your cigs in the first week, that will pass:-6

Thanks. Don't want to deter from Oscars thread I thought I would just let her and everyone else know that it just might have a difference in my quiting. We'll see.

Return to “General Chit Chat”