Oh the joy of flat-pack furniture

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Rule #1 Buy it assembled or pay someone to assemble it and watch them struggle. :yh_rotfl
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Amy... I went to Grammar School, I went to College but I could not assemble Flat pack furnature should my life depend on It.

It Is a monstrosity forced upon us mere mortals by smug Swedish companies who wish to make us feel Inferior. One needs a University degree In Chinese mythology to even comprehend the basic Instructions.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lon

Post by Lon »

I paid $60 to have a pro assemble my new computer desk last month. It's a pretty big desk and it took him about two hours. If I had attempted to do the job it would still be in progress. I am not Mr. Handyman. It took me one week to assemble a kid's Swing Set when I was first married.

:wah:
cars

Post by cars »

Ah yes, assembling flat pack furniture! The dufuses who have written those supposedly easy step by step assembly instructions S/B shot!!! Most times the instructions & or even the assembly sketches appear to have been done by a 10 year old! (No offence to 10 year olds)

Luckily for me, being a one time engineer, I can determine how the pieces go together without the instructions. Otherwise just relying on the instructions provided most times are futile.

(However, as Lon said, the easiest way to go is pay to have it assembled by another!)
Cars :)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I've always had a talent for putting stuff like that together.

Reckon if I lose my job, I could hire out as an assembler?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I can still remember the first desk I put together. There were 3 extra parts when I got finished and finally littleones dad got home and told me that they sometimes put in extras.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1338501 wrote: I can still remember the first desk I put together. There were 3 extra parts when I got finished and finally littleones dad got home and told me that they sometimes put in extras.He was right. At least thats been my experience and I'm pretty good at that sort of thing.

Its most fun assembling furniture such as this with limited use of the directions. It becomes a family project as each member involves themselves in figuring out the final product. We've had lots of fun doing it time and again.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

Oh I don't envy you. We had a flat-packed bed delivered for my son and it was impossible to put together. Two parts were wrong anyway. We called the company where we got it and they said it takes 2-3 professionals to put together. They should have said that when we bought it! Gave up in the end and bought another one which my 11 year old son managed to put together all by himself. The other will be going on eBay.
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

So you think you have problems. Have a look at this guy...

YouTube - Deckchair

Return to “General Chit Chat”