Healthy seasoning?

flopstock

Healthy seasoning?

Post by flopstock »

I got this great stuff from pampered chef a short while ago.. I just fell in love with the flavors. It's called Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Little one picked it up and read the label to me tonight - it has raw sugar and salt in it.

That kind of defeats the purpose behind no salt containers and sweet leaf sweetener in the house.

So I'm looking for suggestions guys and gals.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Healthy seasoning?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1336990 wrote: I got this great stuff from pampered chef a short while ago.. I just fell in love with the flavors. It's called Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Little one picked it up and read the label to me tonight - it has raw sugar and salt in it.

That kind of defeats the purpose behind no salt containers and sweet leaf sweetener in the house.

Seasoning Without Salt - Care Guide
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Mustang

Healthy seasoning?

Post by Mustang »

flopstock;1336990 wrote: I got this great stuff from pampered chef a short while ago.. I just fell in love with the flavors. It's called Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Try mixing the ingredients yourself but omit the salt and sugar:

Jerk Seasoning Recipe - Allrecipes.com
getlegal

Healthy seasoning?

Post by getlegal »

how about just learning how to use spices? How to use herbs and spices in cooking!
flopstock

Healthy seasoning?

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1336994 wrote: Seasoning Without Salt - Care Guide

This was a good one. I printed it and taped it inside the spice cabinet door.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Healthy seasoning?

Post by flopstock »

Mustang;1337038 wrote: Try mixing the ingredients yourself but omit the salt and sugar:

Jerk Seasoning Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I mixed this up last night and plan to try it this weekend while littleone is at dads.

Don't tell anyone, but I almost added the vegetable oil...lol

Mustang

Healthy seasoning?

Post by Mustang »

flopstock;1337488 wrote: I mixed this up last night and plan to try it this weekend while littleone is at dads.

Don't tell anyone, but I almost added the vegetable oil...lol

The meat gets coated with oil for the seasoning mix to adhere to. My wife uses a light spray of PAM ( zero calories, fat, salt and carbs) on the meat and the seasoning mix adheres just fine. :)
simply

Healthy seasoning?

Post by simply »

Avoid going on the scale on a regular basis. For most people the is a bad habit. You see the scale can be very discouraging. If you constantly go on the scale and do not see a decrease in your weight you will feel like giving up because you may think that your program is not working. But note that the scale can be misleading. You see while you are losing weight, you are also building muscles:yh_rotfl
Snooz

Healthy seasoning?

Post by Snooz »

I never used much salt before I discovered this stuff: Organic Sesame Salt - Gomasio Set of 3

Regular table salt is very heavily processed but sea salt is as natural as you can get and still has minerals etc in it. I take an iodine supplement since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, so I don't worry about the lack of additives. Anyway, this stuff is DELICIOUS!

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”