My husband was deliberately rude in public,yesterday !!!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

My husband is what one may call 'nature's gentleman'. He is polite, courteous, diplomatic, helpful and kind - in fact everything that a gentleman should be!

Yesterday, being a lovely sunny day, my hubby dressed in his shorts and a smart short-sleeved cotton shirt and trundled off into the city (Nottingham) on the bus (he has a free bus pass), to do an errand. The centre of the city was quite busy, with lots of shoppers and people just enjoying the sunny day, taking advantage and patronising the artificial 'beach' with its sand and paddling pools, that had been temporarily established in the 'Old Market Square' in front of the City Council Offices.

As my husband walked across this square to catch a return bus home, a rather over-weight woman in her late 20's said out loud to him - "Old men shouldn't wear shorts in town !" to which he instantly replied "Well that's your opinion fatso !" and continued walking towards his bus stop - there was a very audible snigger from a young man just behind my husband, as the woman made a hasty retreat in the opposite direction.

I suppose my hubby, who has a flat tummy, looks very fit, and has a bloody good pair of muscular legs (he used to be a marathon runner), must have felt very aggrieved at what this over-weight (bordering on obese), young woman said to him !

Has anybody else been moved to react to a stranger's inappropriate remarks to them?

Looking across the 'Old Market Square' Nottingham, towards the City Council Offices.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Good for him Gill.... Round of applause from the Oscar House-hold.

Peter was coming out of Tesco Express one evening where there was the usual group of teenage scroats with nothing better to do. Having had to ask one politely to pick his bike up off the pave-ment so he could get out the shop, he got a mouthful of abuse. There was a large group of giggling teenage girls with them so of course, the boys show off don't they?

Getting the mouthful of abuse, Peter asked him If he had learning difficulties when made the girls disolve In fits of laughter. He got more abuse so Peter called him 'Cheesedicck'. There was hysterical laughter as Peter drove off and I can Imagine what that lad's nick-name Is at school now.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I think in the name of science i shouldn't take your word about your husbands legs. Please provide a picture of the said legs (and could you include a bum shot please)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh my, they deserve such censor! And you all are making me laugh today!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

fuzzywuzzy;1331038 wrote: I think in the name of science i shouldn't take your word about your husbands legs. Please provide a picture of the said legs (and could you include a bum shot please)

Fuzzy, just for you ............................. my hubby, Chris (B485) finishing the Nottingham Robin Hood Marathon, September 1992, (when he was 54 years old). Now, he's lost a little of his hair and the rest is now grey, but the rest of him aint changed much - sorry about the lack of 'bum', but he aint so rude as to turn his back on somebody so I aint got a pic of that ! I'm bound to say that he has quite a neat bum still ! He fills a pair of jeans nice and tight round the rear end, thank you :yh_tong2:yh_wink

Attached files
Lon

Post by Lon »

Good on your husband---------I would not have been as kind with my retort.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

they were both wrong. she started it. she should have minded her own bees wax. but what we think of being a good come back. sometimes should be kept to ourselves.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

i think he was right.........she might think twice before insulting someone again.
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

southern yankee;1331128 wrote: they were both wrong. she started it. she should have minded her own bees wax. but what we think of being a good come back. sometimes should be kept to ourselves.

In this particular case, SY, it was an instant reaction to somebody 'poking their nose in', and under those circumstances, perfectly understandable. She was very much over weight and probably a tad envious, possibly also a little bitter about her own situation so she may have felt the desire to take it out of somebody. I wonder if she would have said the same thing if I had been with him? I wonder if I would have said something to her? She should keep her mouth zipped or maybe one day she may open it to the wrong person - one who isn't a gentleman!
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

Good retort. Made me laugh. I was once waiting for the bus one day and I had been first in the queue then when the bus came this ignorant woman bulldozed her way to the front of the queue and bashing her bags up against me, she didn't even excuse herself. The bus driver said to me sorry about that love and I said loud enough for her to be heard that 'It was OK, she didn't have the iq to actually know better'. She gave me a nasty look but didn't say anything.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

fuzzywuzzy;1331038 wrote: I think in the name of science i shouldn't take your word about your husbands legs. Please provide a picture of the said legs (and could you include a bum shot please)

Fuzzy, Chris says there is no chance that he will turn round and allow me to take a pic of his bum !!!! and he added:yh_tongue :yh_rotfl

Return to “General Chit Chat”