Screen and toolbar problem

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi,

I messed up my screen. The startup programs that appear at the bottom of my screen are now on the right and I've lost my menu bar. I can make it appear when my curser hovers over it, but then it disappears.

Anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks

Well, I got the toolbar back, but the start up programs are still on the right of my screen...oy vey....Hate when I can't figure these things out.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You have two issue that need resolving.

1. Right click on your toolbar that is on the right now and select "Unlock" toolbar. Then place your cursor on it and drag it to the bottom of the screen to put it back where you want it.

2. It is selected to "Auto hide" you can change that by right clicking on it and select properties then uncheck the "Auto Hide" option.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your help.

When I right click on tools, I just see 'lock the tootbars'
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Right click on the toolbar then and select properties it will open to optiios for the toolbar uncheck auto hide and lock the toolbar.

Then place your cursor on it and drag it to the bottom of the screen to move it.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Actually Carla, the toolbar is on the top now. It's the start up programs are on the right side of the screen.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you for your help Carla, but I have to log off for awhile. Toolbar seems to be ok, but start up programs are still on the right.

Thank you
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Your toolbar and start up program are all together where your toolbar goes so does your start programs button it is called "Toolbar and taskbar" options. The option for changing the location are it the properties options for the toolbar right click on the toolbar and select properties and look for the location option once you change that your toolbar start menu moves with it. You have Vista so the wording might be a little different just look at all the tabs in the "Task Bar option" and change to you liking.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you for your help Carla. But, I can't seem to do what you've explained. So, I'll leave it for now.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

If you are willing I can logon to your machine and fix it is 5 seconds I will pm you with a link you click on it download "Citrix Espress" start the software say yes to allowing me and bingo I will be on your laptop and can fix your issue.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1326467 wrote: If you are willing I can logon to your machine and fix it is 5 seconds I will pm you with a link you click on it download "Citrix Espress" start the software say yes to allowing me and bingo I will be on your laptop and can fix your issue.

I must give Carla mega kudos here for logging onto my laptop and fixing my problem.

It is so odd to see a cursor flying through your laptop, and Carla fixed the problem in seconds. She saved me a lot of fretting and spending lots of time tomorrow having my techie guy fix it..

Thank you so much Carla. You really touched my heart helping me like this. You are always the best:-4
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You are welcome glad your a happy camper now. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1326470 wrote: You are welcome glad your a happy camper now. :)

Thanks again Carla...I'm a mega, happy camper now.

I get extremely unhappy and fretful when I can't fix things that seem so simple to fix. That's why I sometimes don't attempt to fix things as I'm afraid I'll make it worse than it is....

You rock Carla:-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Remote access is brill hey! Must remember that tool when my mate does something odd to her laptop! (And I've used it to get a techie guy teach me how to deal with my router :wah:)
Lon

Post by Lon »

:wah:Hey Carla---could you do me a favor? Use your Citrix to get some $$$ out of Account #4597GtY840LIu Bern,Switzerland Bank. It's not my account but I will split what ever amount you can get out. :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

LOL !! Lon if I could I would and we all could live on easy street. :yh_rotfl

Hey Carla---could you do me a favor? Use your Citrix to get some $$$ out of Account #4597GtY840LIu Bern,Switzerland Bank. It's not my account but I will split what ever amount you can get out.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

My toolbar once again migrated north. I followed Carla's directions for dragging your toolbar to where you want it to be....and it worked!!!!

Thank you Carla:-6:-6:-6

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”