Cannot find Go to last post/first unread post.

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

What has happened to the 'Go to last post' or ' Go to first unread post' features. They were extremely useful tools for navigating the threads.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Also, the 'Today's Posts' feature has a problem. When I click on it, I just get this:

Forumgarden Message

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 14 seconds.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1325432 wrote: Also, the 'Today's Posts' feature has a problem. When I click on it, I just get this:

Forumgarden Message

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 14 seconds.

click on 'my tools' in green at the top....then click on 'todays posts.
Life is just to short for drama.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1325439 wrote: click on 'my tools' in green at the top....then click on 'todays posts.

I know where it is but it doesn't work.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I can't find 'Who's Online'. Where is it?
Peg

Post by Peg »

OpenMind;1325446 wrote: I can't find 'Who's Online'. Where is it?

Click on "Home" at the top and it'll be on your right.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Peg;1325447 wrote: Click on "Home" at the top and it'll be on your right.

Thanks, Peg.

I did as you said and found the pane with the list of online users down the right hand side of the page. At the time, it showed 21 members abut only listed 14. What I was looking for was the full list.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

OpenMind;1325450 wrote: Thanks, Peg.

I did as you said and found the pane with the list of online users down the right hand side of the page. At the time, it showed 21 members abut only listed 14. What I was looking for was the full list.
Click on quick links then whos online:) when the upgrade came in i just clicked in everything all over the place to find out what it all did:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

OpenMind;1325450 wrote: Thanks, Peg.

Hello OpenMind,

On the navigation bar, you can also click on forum...quick links...who's on line and their location.

If the top info says there's 24 members on line, and you only see a list of 16....that means that 8 are on invisible mode.

Here's what a shoutbox is...

Shoutbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're looking for the 1st new post that you haven't read yet....Go to My Tools....Todays Posts and look for a wee blue butterfly before the title of the post and click on that. It will bring you to the post you haven't read yet. If there is no butterfly that means that you've read all the posts.

The frog in the 3rd column is the last post.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Thanks you all. I'm getting there with your help.:-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, one more thought OM. If you click Today's Posts and you receive a message that says you have to wait 15 seconds, it means that you posted too fast. You have to wait 15 sec. before you start another activity.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I have waited longer than 15 seconds and I still get the same dialogue box I'm afraid.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Kathy Ellen;1325457 wrote: Hello OpenMind,

On the navigation bar, you can also click on forum...quick links...who's on line and their location.

If the top info says there's 24 members on line, and you only see a list of 16....that means that 8 are on invisible mode.

Here's what a shoutbox is...

Shoutbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're looking for the 1st new post that you haven't read yet....Go to My Tools....Todays Posts and look for a wee blue butterfly before the title of the post and click on that. It will bring you to the post you haven't read yet. If there is no butterfly that means that you've read all the posts.

The frog in the 3rd column is the last post.

Clicking on the frog used to take me to the last unread post but now it takes me to the first post of the entire thread.
M.A.S

Post by M.A.S »

if you're using "Internet Explorer", try another browser better than that one.. let me give you a list of good ones:

* Google Chrome.

* Fire Fox.

* Opera.

* Flock.

this problem that you're facing may be solved if you change your browser.. :D
I miss you Odie
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

M.A.S;1327048 wrote: if you're using "Internet Explorer", try another browser better than that one.. let me give you a list of good ones:

* Google Chrome.

* Fire Fox.

* Opera.

* Flock.

this problem that you're facing may be solved if you change your browser.. :D

I've been using Firefox for over a year now and it is regularly updated.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Yes, I have Firefox and the green frog takes me to the first post in the threads as well.

All of the rest can be easily accessed from the top header area in "quick links" and whatnot...

I agree, however, that going to the last post is more convenient. I've been clicking on the last numbered page and scrolling down in the meantime.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1327078 wrote: Yes, I have Firefox and the green frog takes me to the first post in the threads as well.

All of the rest can be easily accessed from the top header area in "quick links" and whatnot...

I agree, however, that going to the last post is more convenient. I've been clicking on the last numbered page and scrolling down in the meantime.

I should clarify that the frog does not work within the "subscribed threads" feature but does in fact work on the other pages...

For me anyway
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I'm getting used to finding my way around now. But thanks for all the helpful comments.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”