Thread subscriptions......

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

One thing I can't abide is forum threads/post clogging up my personal e-mail so I always unsubscribe to keep them out.

HOWEVER.......

On this discussion forum I can't seem to find the right place to unclick to keep them out of my e-mail!!!!

Arrggg, PLEASE HELP BEFORE I HAVE TO QUIT THIS FORUM SO SOON AFTER ARRIVING.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

click on settings top right.

then left hand side look for my settings, account, then click on general settings

scroll down till you see

Default Thread Subscription Mode:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

It has a drop down box i have mine set to through my user control panel only:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

Go to http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/subscription.php and select all the threads and unsubscribe, that takes care of the ones you're currently receiving.

Then go to http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/profi ... ditoptions and set the Default Thread Subscription Mode to never.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1324003 wrote: Go to http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/subscription.php and select all the threads and unsubscribe, that takes care of the ones you're currently receiving.

Then go to http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/profi ... ditoptions and set the Default Thread Subscription Mode to never.
like to have them subscribed on here so i can click on settings and see any new posts in any threads i have posted on,,, but i do not get the e mails. Also done see them on here really unless you click on settings or subscribed threads.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

kazalala;1324004 wrote: like to have them subscribed on here so i can click on settings and see any new posts in any threads i have posted on,,, but i do not get the e mails. Also done see them on here really unless you click on settings or subscribed threads.You're quite right, I used a wrong word. I shouldn't have said unsubscribe, I should have said Notify "Through my control panel only", that just stops the emails but leaves them on the subscription list. The options changed at the beginning of the month, before then the only change you could make there was to stop emails and it was called unsuscribing. Unless my memory's getting worse than I remember.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”