Radio sub forum ??

Tightwad

Radio sub forum ??

Post by Tightwad »

Would it be possible to add a "Radio" sub forum?

Now I know radio isn't nearly as popular as it once was due to ipods, mp3 players et. al. but there are still a few of us that like the simplicity of radios in all it's forums (such as Shortwave radio) to get their news and entertainment , and for Shortwave their hobby time, everyday.

There is net streaming radio, terrestrial radio i.e. AM-FM-SW-LW bands, digitai radio, CB radio, amateur (ham) radio, & satellite.

Radio broadcasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All in all there is more than enough content to discuss. :yh_sungla
spot

Radio sub forum ??

Post by spot »

If you know anything at all about the American Top 40, mate, I want to hear you say so right now because.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Radio sub forum ??

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Live scanner Braodcasts? US Police Scanner by dxzone.com Police and fire department scanners

Or Radio stations? Digital Radio Plus: Latest News Item

http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/play ... ation=1024
Kathy Ellen

Radio sub forum ??

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I used to love listening to the radio until the stations in the tri-state area (NY, NJ and Connecticut) hired all conservative hosts who do nothing but scream, yell and whine:thinking:

The only radio hosts I listen to now are Doug MacIntire, George Noory, Joan Hamburg and Curtis Sliwa...although Curtis is driving me crazy lately.

My Dad was a ham radio operator and we had a 20 ft. tower in our backyard. It was very cool to listen to radio stations from around the world.
Tightwad

Radio sub forum ??

Post by Tightwad »

Kathy Ellen;1323927 wrote: I used to love listening to the radio until the stations in the tri-state area (NY, NJ and Connecticut) hired all conservative hosts who do nothing but scream, yell and whine:thinking:

The only radio hosts I listen to now are Doug MacIntire, George Noory, Joan Hamburg and Curtis Sliwa...although Curtis is driving me crazy lately.

My Dad was a ham radio operator and we had a 20 ft. tower in our backyard. It was very cool to listen to radio stations from around the world.

Sadly, terrestrial radio is pretty much taken over by the voices of the right wing and the looney tunes characters today or the local DJ's playing Oldies (yeah!) but Shortwave & Ham , while much depressed, is still alive and kicking!

All that said, there still is much to discuss if the discussion ever had a home.
Tightwad

Radio sub forum ??

Post by Tightwad »

spot;1323869 wrote: if you know anything at all about the american top 40, mate, i want to hear you say so right now because.

huh??
Tombstone

Radio sub forum ??

Post by Tombstone »

Tightwad;1323868 wrote: Would it be possible to add a "Radio" sub forum?

Now I know radio isn't nearly as popular as it once was due to ipods, mp3 players et. al. but there are still a few of us that like the simplicity of radios in all it's forums (such as Shortwave radio) to get their news and entertainment , and for Shortwave their hobby time, everyday.

There is net streaming radio, terrestrial radio i.e. AM-FM-SW-LW bands, digitai radio, CB radio, amateur (ham) radio, & satellite.

Radio broadcasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All in all there is more than enough content to discuss. :yh_sungla

I agree! I'm a radio nut. Not only do I have a pretty nice collection of old transistor radios (1950's and early 1960's) - but I'm a short wave listener - and of course, a ham.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Tombstone

Radio sub forum ??

Post by Tombstone »

A Radio Forums section has been added!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Tightwad

Radio sub forum ??

Post by Tightwad »

Tombstone;1325156 wrote: A Radio Forums section has been added!

You did, yes you did, and I thank you!!

YouTube - ZZ Top - I thank you (Live 1980)

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”