Funny story from my childhood.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Huntley

Post by Huntley »

Here's the story.

About 20 years ago (was it that long?), I was 15. I was hanging out in my parents school. In a middle of a flying side kick contest, how high and far I could go. You get a running start at a hanging bag, it was fun. My partner, a bit older than I, was pushing me......but I had no real motivation - other than fun.

So in walks a 17 y/o female. Did I have a shot? I thought so. If only I could out-jump this joker I'd show her "Who's the man". :wah:

Well, at the top of this hanging bag was the 3 section chain, anyone who works with hanging bags know what I'm talking about. Well I get a good running start and away I go! I jump higher and farther then ever before. I'm in my chamber position (this is all in slow motion now) I look over at the girl, O-YEA she see's me, I'm a God! Look back at the bag, execute the kick (with a little more power than usual) and I feel nothing, no bag, nothing but air. I immediately try and put my leg down it's stuck.

I kicked so high I missed the bag and kicked between the 3 section chain, I kicked so hard I went all the way to the other side. The next thing I can comprehend is my butt hitting the bag and my foot locked up in the chain. I was actually hanging by a hanging heavy bag. And I was left up there so long my father could get up out of his chair..........slowly walk out of his office.........walk over to me with his hands in his pockets.......look at me strait in the eye (after looking at the girl, and my so called friend who was rolling on the floor crying with laughter - and has yet to let me forget about this) and said "You stupid boy"! Then slapped my foot, and I landed on my head.

That's my story. Anyone got any other funny stories?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Huntley;1323044 wrote: Here's the story.

About 20 years ago (was it that long?), I was 15. I was hanging out in my parents school. In a middle of a flying side kick contest, how high and far I could go. You get a running start at a hanging bag, it was fun. My partner, a bit older than I, was pushing me......but I had no real motivation - other than fun.

So in walks a 17 y/o female. Did I have a shot? I thought so. If only I could out-jump this joker I'd show her "Who's the man". :wah:

Well, at the top of this hanging bag was the 3 section chain, anyone who works with hanging bags know what I'm talking about. Well I get a good running start and away I go! I jump higher and farther then ever before. I'm in my chamber position (this is all in slow motion now) I look over at the girl, O-YEA she see's me, I'm a God! Look back at the bag, execute the kick (with a little more power than usual) and I feel nothing, no bag, nothing but air. I immediately try and put my leg down it's stuck.

I kicked so high I missed the bag and kicked between the 3 section chain, I kicked so hard I went all the way to the other side. The next thing I can comprehend is my butt hitting the bag and my foot locked up in the chain. I was actually hanging by a hanging heavy bag. And I was left up there so long my father could get up out of his chair..........slowly walk out of his office.........walk over to me with his hands in his pockets.......look at me strait in the eye (after looking at the girl, and my so called friend who was rolling on the floor crying with laughter - and has yet to let me forget about this) and said "You stupid boy"! Then slapped my foot, and I landed on my head.

That's my story. Anyone got any other funny stories?

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That will teach you to keep your eyes focused!:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

One summer day after dinner, dad announced that if someone would dig up some worms, dad, gramps and any kids that wanted to tag along, would go over to the pond and fish. I ran out the door, grabbed a spade from the workshop, and was in the garden digging in no time. Younger sister Angel came out with an empty coffee can to put worms in. She was my "picker". I turned over a spade full of dirt, Angel picked up the worms. Soon lil' brother Daryl wandered out. Angel asked him if he was going fishing with us. "No, I hate fish. Too ikky and slimy. Hate worms too". I just stood there for a minute staring at Daryl with my "who is this kid" look. Then, as Angel picked up another fat, freshly dug up worm, I took it and said "lookee here Daryl". As he looked at me I popped it in my mouth, made chewing motions and swallowed the worm. Daryl's eyes got big as goose eggs, then he made funny choking noises, doubled over and vomited up everything he ever ate in his entire life. Angel screeched an "EWWW" and got out of the way barely in time.
biggirls

Post by biggirls »

so funny ,lol
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I have too many to comprehend ...shall ponder this thread for awhile.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, you must fly across so beautifully with kicks.

The young one (13) sparred me last night, nasty little kicks across the back/kidneys and nowhere else. I guess he was being nice to me, I bopped him on the back of his head to make him think about it.:wah:
Huntley

Post by Huntley »

Another one, a good lesson, when I was about 14. I was sparring with a friend of my brothers about 11, and being the smart individual that I was at age 13-14 I decided to mess with him a bit (everyone loves a bully). He was a good kicker but he'd get a bit lazy once in a while, he would not snap them back. Our rules state that we should not grab legs unless it is agreed upon by both parties. We didn't have such an agreement. So I grabbed, and stood there with his leg in my two hands. Smiled at him with one of those; "Watch'a go'n to do about it?" smiles. He started swinging his arms around, then altogether stopped and shifted his weight back. Then I saw his; "This" smile. While jumping off his back leg, and using his captured leg for a boost, swings his back leg up and I get a boot-to-the-head. He may have gone to the floor, but I ended up with a big bruised ego - and I deserved it.

But I did kick is a** later.
biggirls

Post by biggirls »

lol

Return to “General Chit Chat”