Closed on Sundays

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
along-for-the-ride

Closed on Sundays

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Many stores are open 7 days a week for the conveniience of the consumer and the profits of the company. That's just business. The store chain mentioned in the article below gives all the employees there Sundays off to spend with their families, so the store is closed. Thank goodness it was when this happened:

Rain Causes Hobby Lobby Roof Collapse - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Chick-Filet is a small restaurant that closes on Sundays as well.

Are there any other places of business that you know of in your area that are closed on Sundays? Would you prefer that they were still open on that day?

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

Closed on Sundays

I just found this website advocating closing on Sundays.

Closed On Sunday

Rah rah rah

We can never go back to Mayberry.
Lon

Closed on Sundays

Post by Lon »

Now if Seventh Day Adventists were the business owners they could very well have a sign that says "Closed On Saturdays".
Odie

Closed on Sundays

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1322733 wrote: Many stores are open 7 days a week for the conveniience of the consumer and the profits of the company. That's just business. The store chain mentioned in the article below gives all the employees there Sundays off to spend with their families, so the store is closed. Thank goodness it was when this happened:

Rain Causes Hobby Lobby Roof Collapse - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Chick-Filet is a small restaurant that closes on Sundays as well.

Are there any other places of business that you know of in your area that are closed on Sundays? Would you prefer that they were still open on that day?

Thank god they were closed on Sundays.

I enjoy shopping Sundays if I need something, otherwise I buy everything on weekdays as its no where near as crowded,

lots of places are closed Sundays here, which I agree as no one should have to work 7 days a week.
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Closed on Sundays

What would this thread be without a theme song?

YouTube - Never On Sunday - Connie Francis

;)
chonsigirl

Closed on Sundays

Post by chonsigirl »

Chik Filet always has been closed on Sundays. I think half the teens in church work there, I wouldn't have a chimes choir if they were open!
along-for-the-ride

Closed on Sundays

Shop around the world...................

Sunday shopping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kathy Ellen

Closed on Sundays

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Diana,

I love for stores to be open on Sundays. I work a lot of hours and the weekend is sometimes the only day for me to shop.
along-for-the-ride

Closed on Sundays

Have you ever been inside a closed store?

I bet it's creepy.....and if you're not an employee............you're under arrest.:wah:

Attached files
cars

Closed on Sundays

Post by cars »

Businesses open seven days a week, seldom, if ever, work their employees continually. They usually stagger their employees work schedules for different days of the week. So the week is covered, however, none the employees have to work seven days in a row. Thus, the businesses avoid having to pay overtime, & even double time to employees who other wise be working 65, 70, or more hours. (Ofcourse, they would be some employees wanting to work those hours for that very same reason)

Anyway, businesses open seven days a week, pleases many, as well as it offends many. They can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but they can't please all of the people all of the time!!!
Cars :)
fuzzywuzzy

Closed on Sundays

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ahh yes the casual rates ...with no superannuation, no holiday payno sick pay, "come in, or you're out of a job, whenever we say you should" at the drop of a hat. and no employment security.

I like things closed on Sundays but I'm in a sad backward little town that isn't progressive.................Thank God for that.

I remember when I was a city person and everything was open all hours. Being a mother and wife .......it never stopped. If the shop is open at eleven at night you would go at eleven at night to pick up a few things .....you never rested.

The country life made me rest......knock off time is five pm ..............................................deal with it!!!!

It's 5:20 Friday night ...my night off for the week......this beer is looking pretty good .....AHHH relax.

And I won't have to run around on Sunday because everything is closed .
along-for-the-ride

Closed on Sundays

"The Sabbath was made for the good of man; man was not made for the Sabbath."

New Testament, Book Of Matthew, Chapter 12, Verses 1-8

I don't usually quote the Bible but I did find this pertinent. I guess Sundays are supposed to be a day of reflection: a day to enjoy with our families: a day to admire nature, music, art............What do you think?
chonsigirl

Closed on Sundays

Post by chonsigirl »

Best day of the week. :)

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”