lowering the limits

ice maiden

lowering the limits

Post by ice maiden »

i have a question for you if they lower the dates allowed to 14weeks what happens to those out there who only discover the babe is going to be seriously handicaps at the 20weeks scan as in the uk do they have the babe just to watch it die

now do not get me wrong i do not think abortion should be used as birth control but please leave the dates as there are women and the doctors need the extra time
Betty Boop

lowering the limits

Post by Betty Boop »

Are they going to lower the time then?? i didn't know that. Do you get a twelve week dating scan???
smithy87

lowering the limits

Post by smithy87 »

ice maiden wrote: i have a question for you if they lower the dates allowed to 14weeks what happens to those out there who only discover the babe is going to be seriously handicaps at the 20weeks scan as in the uk do they have the babe just to watch it die

now do not get me wrong i do not think abortion should be used as birth control but please leave the dates as there are women and the doctors need the extra time

Maybe they should lower to time to 14 weeks and only be allowed after that for serious handicap :confused:
ice maiden

lowering the limits

Post by ice maiden »

if the cons get in that is one of the things they are talking about i know a baby has a 50:50 chance at 24 weeks maybe that should be the new limit and hope doctors offer early scan to all mums young and old

who can say how bad a handicap has to be to be call serious what may be acceptable to one family may distroy another

the whole issue is a minefield no government should be allowed to make the dicidsion it must be left to the doctors and maybe talking to those people affected by a disablity it get a clear picture and not the antiabortionists
Jives

lowering the limits

Post by Jives »

The "righteous" who feel that they know what is right for everyone, are gaining power. Soon abortion will be illegal everywhere. Will that be the end of abortions? No. It'll just move back to it's old stomping grounds, the back alleys and basements. Unscrupulous doctors will again prey on desperate women with less-than-sterile tools.

The U.S. House of Representatives just passed a bill to make it illegal to take a minor across state lines to get an abortion. (Even if you are the parent) that effectively shuts down abortions for states that do not have any clinics in them.

I suspect the Moral Majority (which is actually a minority and who's very name implies that they think everyone else is immoral) will win this fight eventually.

But have they thought about what it will be like when they win? Can you say Phyrric victory?

A "Pyrrhic victory" (Pronounced pihrihk) is a victory gained with too great a cost, such that the overall situation becomes worse for the Pyrrhic victor than it was before battle commenced. Usually the phrase refers to a battle, but by analogy it can also mean any struggle.

The phrase alludes to King Pyrrhus of Epirus, who defeated the Romans at Heraclea and Asculum in 279 BC, but with severe casualties of his own. Pyrrhus's famous statement "One more such victory and I am lost" led to the term "Pyrrhic victory" for any victory so costly as to be ruinous.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Betty Boop

lowering the limits

Post by Betty Boop »

When I was pregnant with my three year old I was sent for a dating scan at twelve weeks, this scan was being trialled in Cornwall with a view to make it nationwide, it confirms your due date and they are also looking for any abnormalities, a lot of which they claim can be detected at this early stage. I'm really not sure when the cut off date should be, it should all be considered case by case as every situation is different.

Return to “Abortion”