Post by capt_buzzard »

Habemus Papam - We have a new pope.

Delight and some dismay as Cardinal Ratzinger gets the Vatican white smoke

But that's now old news to you guys.

Attached files
Jives

Habemus Papam

Post by Jives »

Ummm...soooo...I'm taking it that you don't like this guy, Capt.?

Aside from being a Hilter Youth, what's wrong with him? I thought he was forced to do that anyway. :confused:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
capt_buzzard

Habemus Papam

Post by capt_buzzard »

Jives wrote: Ummm...soooo...I'm taking it that you don't like this guy, Capt.?

Aside from being a Hilter Youth, what's wrong with him? I thought he was forced to do that anyway. :confused:We will have to wait and see what he does next. Pope JP 11 was a man of the Roman Catholic people. Pope Benny will be a man of the Roman Church.
Ted

Habemus Papam

Post by Ted »

And with that I concur; a man of the church--churchianity.

Shalom

Ted :-6
capt_buzzard

Habemus Papam

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ted wrote: And with that I concur; a man of the church--churchianity.

Shalom

Ted :-6Rome Rules OK

Shalom Ted
Ted

Habemus Papam

Post by Ted »

capt :-6

I would say it likes to think it does. But there are a lot of Roman Catholics who disregard a lot that comes from the Vatican.

An interesting point. I was told by a Roman Catholic theologian, at a seminar, that "mother church" must avoid even the hint of scandal at any cost. So, I understand the Joseph Ratzinger wrote and told Cardinal Law to tell know one about the paedophilic scandal. A clear breach of the law in the US and a direct obstruction of justice. Ah. But we must avoid scanda. This approach hurt the church whereas it might have gained a little in stature if it had been open in the first place.

Shalom

Ted :-6
john8pies

Habemus Papam

Post by john8pies »

Curiously enough, the Pope I really liked was John-Paul I, but he died after only 33 days in office..........
capt_buzzard

Habemus Papam

Post by capt_buzzard »

john8pies wrote: Curiously enough, the Pope I really liked was John-Paul I, but he died after only 33 days in office..........I wonder did he really die in his sleep?
capt_buzzard

Habemus Papam

Post by capt_buzzard »

When the good Cardinal Ratzinger was elected Pope, one of the first issues he had to deal with was choosing a new name. For many it may have been a surprise that he opted for Benedict XV1 as in the past 80 years we've had two Popes called Pius, followed by John, Paul, John Paul 1 and John Paul 11.

For the first thousand years only a few popes changed their original names, including St Peter of course. The fashion for all newly-elected popes doing it started with Pietro Bocca di Porco, who took the name Sergius 1V in 1009. But then he had a good reason for making the switch, as Pietro Bocca di Porco means Peter Pigs Mouth.

Still Sergius was an odd choice for a decent man like Pietro. One assumes that a new pope chooses a name because of its historical or religious significance. But the previous Sergius had a reputation for spite,greed and sexual immorality.

He was also one of those involved in probably the most bizarre episode in papal history, when the body of a previous pope, Formosus, was dug up and his corpse was put on trial for his political activities.

The corpse had fingers cut off and was thrown in the Tiber. Sergius 111 is also thought to have his own predecessor, Leo V, strangled.

I wonder what Benedict XV1 has up his sleeve. I can tell you that there will be no Gay Marriage, and a ban on the use of condoms. He will most probably put the Women back in the kitchen and looking after the kiddies. No more Woman Power in his Church.But he may not be the German Bull dog at all? He just might be a party pope.
john8pies

Habemus Papam

Post by john8pies »

undefinedundefined

Now it`s funny you should ask about John Paul I`s death after only 33 days in the papacy. I was very shocked by it (and I`m not even Catholic) as, if Catholics accept that God really does choose the pope, then obviously that man, who seemed very holy, was nevertheless not the right choice. Even more bizarrely i have only recently finished reading all the Dan Brown books and Angels and Demons is all about the election of a new pope!

There are the usual round of conspiracy theories about John Paul I, but in view of people`s reactions when I suggested that maybe the moon landings were faked, Princess Diana could have been murdered, the JFK assassination was a massive cover-up, etc, I have kept silent about these. All I will say is that there is a site readily accessible on the internet and these are its ideas:

John Paul I was pope for barely a month before he died. There are many theories about why he died. The most widely promulgated of these is that J.P. was killed by Masonic cardinals and/or to cover up a gigantic Vatican banking scandal. Other suspects include Mafia, Nazis, extraterrerstrials and/or the Antichrist, or possibly in connection with a Catholic mind control cult linked to Pius XII. The murder of John Paul I may or may not have been predicted by Nostradamus and/or the Virgin Mary.

.....etc.etc. All very strange..... :confused:
capt_buzzard

Habemus Papam

Post by capt_buzzard »

john8pies wrote: undefinedundefined

Now it`s funny you should ask about John Paul I`s death after only 33 days in the papacy. I was very shocked by it (and I`m not even Catholic) as, if Catholics accept that God really does choose the pope, then obviously that man, who seemed very holy, was nevertheless not the right choice. Even more bizarrely i have only recently finished reading all the Dan Brown books and Angels and Demons is all about the election of a new pope!

There are the usual round of conspiracy theories about John Paul I, but in view of people`s reactions when I suggested that maybe the moon landings were faked, Princess Diana could have been murdered, the JFK assassination was a massive cover-up, etc, I have kept silent about these. All I will say is that there is a site readily accessible on the internet and these are its ideas:

John Paul I was pope for barely a month before he died. There are many theories about why he died. The most widely promulgated of these is that J.P. was killed by Masonic cardinals and/or to cover up a gigantic Vatican banking scandal. Other suspects include Mafia, Nazis, extraterrerstrials and/or the Antichrist, or possibly in connection with a Catholic mind control cult linked to Pius XII. The murder of John Paul I may or may not have been predicted by Nostradamus and/or the Virgin Mary.

.....etc.etc. All very strange..... :confused:yeah,and don't forget OPUS DEI
Jives

Habemus Papam

Post by Jives »

capt_buzzard wrote: a ban on the use of condoms.

@#$%&**%$#@!!!! What's the bloody point of that??? Crazy bint. (I learned that from my British friends!) :wah:

Seriously, doesn't it seem irresponsible for a Pope to come out against condoms when the world population is soaring past 7 billion?!! What game are we playing here? See how many people we can stuff into one planet? Call Guinness' book of Records!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
capt_buzzard

Habemus Papam

Post by capt_buzzard »

Jives wrote: @#$%&**%$#@!!!! What's the bloody point of that??? Crazy bint. (I learned that from my British friends!) :wah:

Seriously, doesn't it seem irresponsible for a Pope to come out against condoms when the world population is soaring past 7 billion?!! What game are we playing here? See how many people we can stuff into one planet? Call Guinness' book of Records!Pope Benedict has declared homosexuality ''intrinsically evil' and ''objectively disordered''. He has accused feminism of ''lethally undermining the traditional family and Christian marriage''. ROME says NO.

Attached files

Return to “Christianity”