Share your dinner with ForumGarden.com!

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
ProjectCarTV

Post by ProjectCarTV »

I found the ForumGarden.com "What are you having or had for dinner?" thread: http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/kitch ... inner.html after a spammer named Ann Peterson spammed the Car Forum [random car link removed] with incoherent rambling about Luke Wilson and transmision parts distribution. A quick google search showed that this person had spammed multiple automotive web forums with the same odd paragraphs.

"During lunch one of my co-wokers was watching a new dvd release called "Tenure" starring Luke Wilson in our break room. It looked pretty good. I think I'll watch it during lunch tomorrow. - A P"

"Had A Great Weekend

Some of my friends and family came over for a cook out. I made hambugers, hot dogs,chicken and peach pies. Everyone also brought over pot luck. It was terrific. Afterwards we all went to see the movies.- A P"

So, a quick google search brought up multiple forum, one of which was ForumGarden:

[link removed, I'm sure FG members are able to search google themselves]

I wasnt sure if this person was from here, or spammed here too? Either way, I found the Dinner thread and all of its 331 pages with no video. I made an account with the intention of showing my dinner on video- the only thing was...I had to make 15 posts. Then I found out, you cant embed video in that forum ANYWAYS.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- my idea is this. Lets start a new thread- showing VIDEO of what you're eating. PS- there is no need to show what you ate. lol

Here is mine:

LINK REMOVED SPAMMER
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

:yh_rotfl

OK I'm reserving judgement.

And by the way, a lot of folk in here really are quite teckie, and able to make videos and all that stuff... but obviously didn't feel moved to do it to celebrate their big burritos...

:sneaky:

San Diego... OK
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

ProjectCarTV

Post by ProjectCarTV »

I found out video embedding is disabled in that forum. I wasnt aware of that when I made the video. Do you have a food video to share?
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

You wanna see a video of my Greek lamb salad with olives and fetta cheese and good aussie wine.???... KINKY!!!

ProjectCarTV

Post by ProjectCarTV »

So share when you're done?!?

I hope it's PIE!!!!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Not this evening it wasn't. Though I like pie. It's a warming winter dish and we're heading that way here, though Sydney never gets really cold (unlike other Aussie places I've lived in) and the sea is still swimmable. Probably is in SoCal too.

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Why has Projectcartv been banned? He seemed like a nice enough guy.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Ahso!;1304763 wrote: Why has Projectcartv been banned? He seemed like a nice enough guy.

Because everything about him took you to a site advertising cars, from the username to links I removed, sorry, spammers are just getting more inventive :(.

He's more than welcome to rejoin as a normal member, with a normal name and join in without leaving links though :-6
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Betty Boop;1304764 wrote: Because everything about him took you to a site advertising cars, from the username to links I removed, sorry, spammers are just getting more inventive :(.

He's more than welcome to rejoin as a normal member, with a normal name and join in without leaving links though :-6I understand and I trust your judgement, but I wonder if in cases such as his, knowing hes a real person and all, It might be worth it to perhaps pm the member and inform them of the looming ban unless they clean up their act. Not everyone actually reads the ToS in forums as carefully as they should. I know its their responsibility to do so, but in a case such as this it might be worth the effort.

Its not an easy job moderating and making these calls on the fly so often. I appreciate and respect all of you for doing it. Just an idea to consider. Have a good day, BB! :-6
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

well.....i dislike spammers with a passion...........ive got to say that you have it easy on this forum since you dont get many.....another im on gets probably 25 or more a day!......but it is a huge forum.....my partner is a mod and ive seen her spend an hour banning and deleting/tidying up threads...........its that bad that there is a thread called spammers corner where the regulars post links to profiles/threads of spammers so the mods can find them easier.......its a bit of a game to try and beat each other by posting the link :wah:.............of course, we tend to have fun until the mods get there :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:..........we once had one thatkept rejoining over and over and put an email address in his spam.........so a gang of us created disposable hotmail accounts then started blitzing his inbox....after he got about 4000 messages in a day he got the message :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Attached files
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Beowulf most of our time is spent dealing with spammers as well we just have more MOD'S than most forums, so we get them quicker than other sites. I hate spammers with a passion and we are always looking for ways to block them from joining in the first place. Any suggestion would be well received. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

beowulf

Post by beowulf »

out of interest......just how many mods are on here and how do you tell who is one?......im used to seeing a 'moderator' tag along side names
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

beowulf;1304791 wrote: out of interest......just how many mods are on here and how do you tell who is one?......im used to seeing a 'moderator' tag along side names

14 moderators beowulf and they are:

Abbey, Betty Boop, Bryn Mawr, Carla, Chonsigirl, Chezzie, flopstock, G#Gill, G-man, Koan, mrsK, Mustang, Peg, Sheryl.

TS, the site owner chose not to use the moderator tag along side the names.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

blimey....14 mods for a forum this size.....do you all have to fight for a seat in the mod lounge? (or do you call it something else here? ;) )

i just thought it strange that i couldnt find a list of mods anywhere....why did the owner not want an identifying tag?.........also think its odd that theres no 'online' tag against peoples names.........just my two pennuth :D

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1304799 wrote: blimey....14 mods for a forum this size.....do you all have to fight for a seat in the mod lounge? (or do you call it something else here? ;) )

i just thought it strange that i couldnt find a list of mods anywhere....why did the owner not want an identifying tag?.........also think its odd that theres no 'online' tag against peoples names.........just my two pennuth :D

You'll find out who is 'online' if you click on 'who's online' in the green band at the top of each page. However it will not tell you those who are running in 'invisible' mode - a facility available to all subscribing members (members whose site name is in green).
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Not all 14 are active all the time. Since we have posters all over the world it works well to have MOD'S in all the times zones keeps the site neat and clean. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

beowulf;1304799 wrote: blimey....14 mods for a forum this size.....do you all have to fight for a seat in the mod lounge? (or do you call it something else here? ;) )

:wah: No in house fighting at all for a seat in our lounge.

All time zones are covered by the moderators we have here, so it works out quite well in the long run taking care of business. :D

The "who are the mods" question has been asked numerous times and posted in different threads throughout this forum. It's like going on a FG scavenger hunt looking for them. :p And, it's asked again in this thread and answered again. ;)

We all just work for the owner and how he chooses to run his boards is A-OK with me. We just abide by his rules. :-6
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Mustang;1304794 wrote: 14 moderators beowulf and they are:

Abbey, Betty Boop, Bryn Mawr, Carla, Chonsigirl, Chezzie, flopstock, G#Gill, G-man, Koan, mrsK, Mustang, Peg, Sheryl.

TS, the site owner chose not to use the moderator tag along side the names.

Egads! Mustang is a Mod? I knew it, I just knew it!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Zapata;1304812 wrote: Egads! Mustang is a Mod? I knew it, I just knew it!

Odie

Post by Odie »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

watch out for that cowboy!:lips::wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Mustang;1304803 wrote: :

The "who are the mods" question has been asked numerous times and posted in different threads throughout this forum. It's like going on a FG scavenger hunt looking for them. :p And, it's asked again in this thread and answered again. ;)

would not the easy answer, to stop it happening again, be to make a thread...possibly in a useful place like 'news and announcements'.....and list the mods...............then pin/sticky/whatever term you use so it stays at the top :D

*takes off Kaizen hat*

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

beowulf

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1304801 wrote: a facility available to all subscribing members (members whose site name is in green).

its like being in the masons...............but without the funny handshake :yh_rotfl

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1304827 wrote: its like being in the masons...............but without the funny handshake :yh_rotfl

I don't think so beowulf, we don't wear little aprons ! :yh_rotfl
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

beowulf;1304824 wrote: would not the easy answer, to stop it happening again, be to make a thread...possibly in a useful place like 'news and announcements'.....and list the mods...............then pin/sticky/whatever term you use so it stays at the top :D

*takes off Kaizen hat*

By golly what a great idea and it has been done already. :D

*I just posted the updated list of moderators at that sticky thread just for you* ;)
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Watch it woman! :sneaky: :p
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Brilliant I think your MOD material beowulf. ;)

[QUOTE] Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf

would not the easy answer, to stop it happening again, be to make a thread...possibly in a useful place like 'news and announcements'.....and list the mods...............then pin/sticky/whatever term you use so it stays at the top :D

*takes off Kaizen hat*

By golly what a great idea and it has been done already. :D

*I just posted the updated list of moderators at that sticky thread just for you* ;)

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

beowulf

Post by beowulf »

bwahahahahahaha........BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA......*BREATHE*.......bwahahahahahahhahahahahaha

if you knew me better you would know why i find that funny :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1304848 wrote: bwahahahahahaha........BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA......*BREATHE*.......bwahahahahahahhahahahahaha

if you knew me better you would know why i find that funny :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

What?:confused:
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

long story :D

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well if you start telling it now, you may be through by morning ! :wah: ;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1304828 wrote: I don't think so beowulf, we don't wear little aprons ! :yh_rotfl

name tags?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Odie;1305021 wrote: name tags?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

ones with the holes in for when you get a little star for doing a good job? :yh_star :yh_star

'would you like fries with that?' :yh_rotfl

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1305047 wrote: ones with the holes in for when you get a little star for doing a good job? :yh_star :yh_star

'would you like fries with that?' :yh_rotfl

3 stars and your out!:yh_rotfl
Anouk

Post by Anouk »

Hawaiian Pizza :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Anouk;1361101 wrote: Hawaiian Pizza :)

delish!