I love my new e-pad...

Kathy Ellen

I love my new e-pad...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I love my new e-pad.....Does anyone else have one?:-6

For those of you who don't know what an e-pad is.....It's a travelling laptop desk that very cushiony and comfortable on your lap. I'll post a picture of my e-pad below...

My techie guy has been reprimanding me because I'm using my laptop 'on my lap' instead of a table, and I'm also not using a mouse with my laptop.....I lost it...:thinking:

Therefore....my poor laptop has issues with overheating and too much movement on the touchpad. Plus....he found cookie bits inside the laptop....oy vey...how embarrassing...:o I was caught red-handed:wah:

So, my family thought this was hysterical and found an e-pad for me as I love to sit on the couch or in bed surfing the net.

I love the pad now and my laptop is happy and able to breathe without being smothered with no air or cookie crumbs:wah:. I also bought a new mouse for my laptop.

Here's my e-pad...simple things make me happy;)

CARLA

I love my new e-pad...

Post by CARLA »

Nice and a very good idea for anyone using a Laptop, as having them sitting on the bed without air will burn them up in a heartbeat.

I'm old school find it very uncomfortable to have Laptop on the bed or in my lap, I need a steady surface for keying plus they get hot afraid of a fire. :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

G#Gill

I love my new e-pad...

Post by G#Gill »

Nice one Kathy! Good for you! Also, in order to keep the laptop from over-heating, you should have it regularly vacced - suck out all the collected dust and bits that might clog the fan. If the fan is obstructed like this, it will cause the laptop to over-heat. When it over-heats the laptop may well switch itself off to protect itself, then you have to re-boot after a few minutes when it has cooled.

Laptops seem more prone to this problem than desk top PCs ! :-5
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
beowulf

I love my new e-pad...

Post by beowulf »

good idea....not just for the lappy but for you

the lappy should be angled to raise the keypad to help minimise rsi......and thats why you should use a mouse too

lappy are the worst thing for causing rsi's cos they are fine for using as what they are designed for.....a portable computer but not for what they actually get used for....an everyday computer used for extended periods of time...

i once wrote a few thousand word thread somewhere about the use of laptops and thier dangers and how to minimise impact on the human body....wonder if i can find it again?...i have H&S qualifications so can do DSE risk assessments
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Kathy Ellen

I love my new e-pad...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thanks Carla and Gill,

I'm very careful now and keeping my desktop and laptop up to date with maintenance;)
Kathy Ellen

I love my new e-pad...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

beowulf;1303354 wrote: good idea....not just for the lappy but for you

the lappy should be angled to raise the keypad to help minimise rsi......and thats why you should use a mouse too

lappy are the worst thing for causing rsi's cos they are fine for using as what they are designed for.....a portable computer but not for what they actually get used for....an everyday computer used for extended periods of time...

i once wrote a few thousand word thread somewhere about the use of laptops and thier dangers and how to minimise impact on the human body....wonder if i can find it again?...i have H&S qualifications so can do DSE risk assessments

Thanks Beowulf...good advice. But you need to speak in English....what's rsi, H&S and DSE:wah: Sorry, I'm not techie savvy.

I have 2 computers...a desktop for my work and my laptop for fun. Unfortunately, my desktop is in a small work area on my porch. My porch is either too hot, too cold or too open to the neighborhood at night. I have no other place to put it. Ergo....I use the laptop a lot.

Luckily, I have a great techie guy who slaps me upside the head when I do something stupid:D
CARLA

I love my new e-pad...

Post by CARLA »

I think he is talking about damage to your hands and wrists by using the touchpad instead of a mouse. Which is true I have a small portable USB mouse I use when on my Laptop. I much rather sit at my desk with ergo keyboard and trackball and my 24in flat screen monitor than sitting all hunched over at my laptop just not comfortable for me. I do use my laptop when traveling. Since I now have my IPHONE I don't even need to take the laptop with me on short trips. :-6

I have had 3 surgeries on both hands because of over use on PC's but I have been doing this since the early 70's and the damage is brutal.

Pay attention to your hands, upper arms, shoulders and back if they hurt quit keying .. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

ZAP

I love my new e-pad...

Post by ZAP »

Good advice from all of you on how to use my new laptop. Thanks!
AussiePam

I love my new e-pad...

Post by AussiePam »

No, but it sounds wonderful, Kathy!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

beowulf

I love my new e-pad...

Post by beowulf »

rsi = repetative strain injury....affects the wrist and fingers......aka carpal tunnel syndrome...and once you have it, it is very difficult to get rid of and is very painful

H&S = Health and Safety

DSE = Display Screen Equipment.....its a UK H&S term...covers everything about using a computer including chairs and lighting etc
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Return to “Computers Internet”