the koan cat

Discussions about your pets!
koan

the koan cat

Post by koan »

or should I say cone cat?

My poor little one has to wear a cone to stop her overgrooming. I feel sorry for her but... wow! she can't bite me anymore. She's not even trying. And she even lounged out on my lap, purring and letting me rub her belly. The cone has transformed her into a loving pet!!

Meanwhile, I'm feeding her out of my hand until she gets better at eating with the cone on.

I'm just praying the new behaviour stays when the cone goes.
Odie

the koan cat

Post by Odie »

ask your vet about feliway.

its like a room deodorizer and you change the refill once a month.

put in a room most used by your cat, if you have several rooms, then put one in each.

I think it covers 700 sq feet?

its kind of like a relaxant, there are no drugs and it will not make them drowsy, it just calms/soothes their nerves.

my cat also overgrooms to the point he has no fur on his legs anymore.

It helps with any mental problems for cats and dogs.

google feliway and read up on it.
Life is just to short for drama.
koan

the koan cat

Post by koan »

I was putting rescue remedy in her food for a bit but, ultimately, I think I need to get her a companion cat.

I'll just get one that's already spayed and old enough to defend itself against her.
Odie

the koan cat

Post by Odie »

koan;1302340 wrote: I was putting rescue remedy in her food for a bit but, ultimately, I think I need to get her a companion cat.

I'll just get one that's already spayed and old enough to defend itself against her.

Rescue Remedy is also good as we tried it years ago for another cat.

but feliway........does everything, it even calmed all my other cats in different ways.

cats do like companions as I have four.

how old is your cat Koan?
koan

the koan cat

Post by koan »

just over a year.

There's a possibility that she might behave after this fiasco though.

I'm even entertaining the idea of trying to clip her nails in the next day or two
Odie

the koan cat

Post by Odie »

koan;1302344 wrote: just over a year.

There's a possibility that she might behave after this fiasco though.

I'm even entertaining the idea of trying to clip her nails in the next day or two

she's a perfect age to buy a kitten as she is still one herself.

just remember as I tell everyone....it may take 6 months for them to be compatible.....but its worth it, as they will turn out to be best buds.

animals need their own kind of company just like humans and if you work all day, they really miss you and it can tend to cause them mental issues.

oh yes the nail clipping!:yh_rotfl

I've got it down to 5 minutes for all 4.
koan

the koan cat

Post by koan »

she's fascinated by my nail file so I'm considering turning it into a full manicure :p
Odie

the koan cat

Post by Odie »

koan;1302348 wrote: she's fascinated by my nail file so I'm considering turning it into a full manicure :p

good luck with that!:yh_rotfl

honestly? think about getting another kitten.
koan

the koan cat

Post by koan »

I have but I know it's harder for the spca to place older cats so it would be kind of nice to save one.
Odie

the koan cat

Post by Odie »

koan;1302354 wrote: I have but I know it's harder for the spca to place older cats so it would be kind of nice to save one.

so you want an older cat, that is nice saving one.

just make sure the older cat is used to being around other cats.
theia

the koan cat

Post by theia »

:yh_rotfl cone cat!

The vet thought that Fergus, my 14 year old cat, had advanced kidney disease and was wasting away. But the blood tests he took showed nothing. I took Fergus back the next evening and another vet thought it was his teeth. So Ferg has had 5 teeth removed and is almost back to his usual self. His "whinge miaow" ("I want food now") is even louder than before and I think he may be taking full advantage of the situation.

We have never been really close, we just tolerate one another...but, since he was poorly, we've both realised that it's an okay relationship and it seems that we're meant to grow old and senile together :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Nomad

the koan cat

Post by Nomad »

theia;1302365 wrote:

We have never been really close, we just tolerate one another...but, we've both realised that it's an okay relationship and it seems that we're meant to grow old and senile together :-6

Lovely Theia. What else could one ask for?
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”