Health Care Reform: Tax Hikes on the Way

All items relating to Healthcare: Medical insurance, company policies, insurance coverage, policy costs, and more!
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

There are 13 changes in the Health Care Reform overhaul that could impact your tax bill, for better or worse.

Link to changes: health-care-reform-tax-hikes-on-the-way: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

5000 years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, “Pick up your shovel, mount your asses & camels, I will lead you to the promised land.”

75 years ago, Roosevelt said, “Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, & light up a camel, this IS the promised land.”

Now you know who has stolen your shovel......, taxed your asses, raised the price of camels, & mortgaged the promised land.
BellaVega

Post by BellaVega »

I'm on the fence when it comes to health care reform. I think it will help a lot of Americans, it's just whether it will also hurt a lot of Americans too. While taxes may increase for some, hopefully premiums will decrease or coverage will increase for many more.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I want vision care. My company just had to add mental health care coverage. I think more folks could be helped with vision care.

Where was that lobby group?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1321170 wrote: I want vision care. My company just had to add mental health care coverage. I think more folks could be helped with vision care.

Where was that lobby group?

They couldn't read the fine print.

On that note, why is dental seperate than health insurance? My nose, my lips my chin are all covered by health insurance but my teeth aren't. ????
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1321221 wrote: They couldn't read the fine print.

On that note, why is dental seperate than health insurance? My nose, my lips my chin are all covered by health insurance but my teeth aren't. ????

I think that if you get someone to punch you in the mouth and knock them all out, it's covered under medical.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1321222 wrote: I think that if you get someone to punch you in the mouth and knock them all out, it's covered under medical.

Wow, why didn't I think of that. I'm pretty sure I can get some takers.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

BellaVega;1321167 wrote: I'm on the fence when it comes to health care reform. I think it will help a lot of Americans, it's just whether it will also hurt a lot of Americans too. While taxes may increase for some, hopefully premiums will decrease or coverage will increase for many more.

It will help a lot of Americans, short-term. It will hurt America, long-term.

Another step away from liberty.
Hoony Ready

Post by Hoony Ready »

Hello everyone,

There are different candida diets that you are meant to be on for months at a time. The length of time on a Candida diet depends on the length of time one has had. The reason is that Candida is difficult to eradicate through diet alone. People are put on the anti-fungal (candida) diet for 2-3 weeks, along with natural supplements. They usually eradicate the Candida in that amount of time. It is vital to take the supplements while on the diet.

Thanks and Regards

Hoony Ready
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Hoony Ready;1361531 wrote: Hello everyone,

There are different candida diets that you are meant to be on for months at a time. The length of time on a Candida diet depends on the length of time one has had. The reason is that Candida is difficult to eradicate through diet alone. People are put on the anti-fungal (candida) diet for 2-3 weeks, along with natural supplements. They usually eradicate the Candida in that amount of time. It is vital to take the supplements while on the diet.

Thanks and Regards

Hoony Ready

Off-topic.
gmc

Post by gmc »

In the UK an employer pays no national insurance contributions on salary up tp £5720pa. Everything aboove that threshold he pays 12.8%. Along with employee contributions that is how state pensions and the NHS is funded. If he pays someone say £35,000 a year his NIC cost is another £3747.82, or roughly $6109

What percentage of the wage bill does health insurance cost an employer in the states?

£35,000 is equivalent to $57,050

Return to “Healthcare”