So what did I do wrong ?

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Snowfire

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Snowfire »

I've been in the process of uploading about 5 photos to my profile album. Followed procedure. I've uploaded photos onto a post before. Everything seemed to go according to plan but my album is empty.

Maybe my photos never existed. Maybe I dont realy exist. Maybe I'm not really here
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
chonsigirl

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Hmm, I still see you, kind of. :)

I've never uploaded photos like that, I have no idea.

But since you mentioned photos, here is my black belt award ceremony, and one of me sparring. Went one on one, then two on one-an 18 and 19 year old sister duo. Never thought I would look so chunky in sparring gear......:wah:

Attached files
Snowfire

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Snowfire »

Congratulations on getting you black belt Chonsi. I used to do Shotokan karate quite a long time ago. First started way back in 1973 and went sporadically for quite a few years. I got my Shodan (1st Dan) in 1994 and gave up a little while after that because of work commitments Oh ! and bad hips :wah:

Anyway I tried again and when I click on "upload" my browser says seeking permission from Forumgarden....the Done !

Nothing

Winston Churchill
chonsigirl

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, I have no idea why you have to have permisson to upload. See what advice you get.

(oh, a karate black belt, that is cool!):-6
G#Gill

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by G#Gill »

Congrats Chonsi ! Well done! You certainly look 'the business' in your gear. You should be very proud of yourself, and of course a little more confident when you are out and about in the town! I think I am going to be very nice to Chonsigirl ;) :thinking:

Snowfire

About the photos, maybe your photos are too big as Forum Garden does have a limit on the size of photo to upload. Maybe if you PM Mustang or Spot, they would put you right about how to do it, I'm sure.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Jazzy

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Jazzy »

Chonsi: Congratulations on getting you black belt and the pictures were great!

Snowfire: I've had problems in the past uploading pictures to my album. Seems like if I tried to upload more than two or three then I had the same problem you are having. Try uploading one or two at a time and see if that works :-3 Good luck and if that doesn't work, I hope someone can tell you how to do it.

Quick question: Are you trying to upload from pictures stored on your computer or from a site like photobucket?
Snowfire

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Snowfire »

I'm uploading from my PC. I'll try again one at a time. See if that works

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Snowfire »

Just checked and it seems they are far too big. So does that mean I'll have to upload to a host site first ?

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1297063 wrote: Just checked and it seems they are far too big. So does that mean I'll have to upload to a host site first ?

I tend to use a utility like Irfanview to reduce the size of the image on my PC and then upload the smaller copies.
CARLA

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by CARLA »

I was going to suggest the same software Bryn. I have used this sweet free software for years very simple and does what you want.

[QUOTE]I tend to use a utility like Irfanview to reduce the size of the image on my PC and then upload the smaller copies.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

CARLA;1297081 wrote: I was going to suggest the same software Bryn. I have used this sweet free software for years very simple and does what you want.

I particularly like the batch facilities - edit a folderfull of pictures with a single keystroke :-)
chonsigirl

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by chonsigirl »

I use paint, and usually use skew to 25% and it works okey dokey.
CARLA

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by CARLA »

Exactly "The Little Red Cat" as I call it is one of the best out there. It does so much, so fast very cool indeed.

[QUOTE]

I particularly like the batch facilities - edit a folderfull of pictures with a single keystroke :-)

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by AussiePam »

Congratulations, Chonsi!! Great photos. Hope you can get yours uploaded too, Snowfire.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Nomad

So what did I do wrong ?

Post by Nomad »

Snowfire;1297023 wrote: So what did I do wrong ?

Im glad you asked. Ive compiled quite an extensive list in your dossier.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”