Ferocity

half n' half

Ferocity

Post by half n' half »

In all of history there have been different types of warriors possessing different battle tactics, strategies, weaponry, and technology; which type of warrior do you think was the fiercest and/or the most effective? (Be it English Knights, Samurai, Vikings, etc.)
mask not your soul
David813

Ferocity

Post by David813 »

half n' half wrote: In all of history there have been different types of warriors possessing different battle tactics, strategies, weaponry, and technology; which type of warrior do you think was the fiercest and/or the most effective? (Be it English Knights, Samurai, Vikings, etc.)Certainly the word 'effective' is a brutal one in the case of this subject. I take the question as to mean whose tactics were most successful in the goal of a great warrior. Though a true bloodthirsty savage I would say Kublai Khan, the Mongol warrior leader that conquered most of Asia in a few decades. From Vladivostok to Budapest his ruthless empire stretched. And from the Arctic to India and Thailand. Instilling terror in the populace proved the most effective way to conquer quickly. Matching that reputation by committing horrific atrocities is the icing on top. Glad I never met him!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
lady cop

Ferocity

Post by lady cop »

Hello Half, and welcome to FG ! :-6 nice to meet you! each group you mention have their particular attributes, and there are many others...good subject!
Lon

Ferocity

Post by Lon »

For just sheer survival I would take the Pashtun or Pathans, a tribal society of 16 million that could not be subdued by the Mughals, Sikhs, Britts or Russsians.
Bothwell

Ferocity

Post by Bothwell »

Pathans, or ghurkas.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
BTS

Ferocity

Post by BTS »

I think the Gen Patton style of warrior will take you far:

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George Patton Jr
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “History”