Child rescue bid raises tough questions in Haiti

Discuss the latest political news.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – The arrest of 10 Americans for trying to take children out of Haiti has raised an uncomfortable question in this brutally poor and earthquake-devastated country: could some children be better off abroad under the grim circumstances?

Link: Child rescue bid raises tough questions in Haiti - Yahoo! News
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

They may have had good intentions but, you just don't go into a foreign country and take off with their children. The dumba$$e$ deserve to be arrested. Trouble is, now they caused more trouble for our government and all aid workers.:(
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

hoppy;1287305 wrote: They may have had good intentions but, you just don't go into a foreign country and take off with their children. The dumba$$e$ deserve to be arrested. Trouble is, now they caused more trouble for our government and all aid workers.:(

I agree with you 100% on this Hoppy :mad:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

The Idaho churches had elaborate plans before the earthquake to shelter up to 200 Haitian and Dominican boys and girls in the Magante beach resort, complete with a school and chapel as well as villas and a seaside cafe catering to adoptive U.S. parents.

I smell a rat.

Chapel, Villas, Seaside Cafe for adoptive US parents.

Sounds like a money making deal by the Church to me. They think their higher calling overrules the laws and are doing this for "Church purposes".
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Who do they think that they are and how do they think that they have the right to go into another country and help themselved to children.

Deluded idiots
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I don't believe this. No one is this stupid.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Chookie

Post by Chookie »

It seems people can be that stupid:-

http://news.scotsman.com/world/Ameri...-to.6030094.jp

BBC News - US missionaries 'knew they were doing wrong' in Haiti

I get very suspicious about things like this - are there not thousands of orphans in the USA? Don't they deserve a chance too?
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Scrat;1287670 wrote: I think the people had the best of intentions. I now think the Haitian government officials want their money. Considering conditions there we need to get as many children as possible out,

On Aljazeera an aid group was complaining to a reporter that a government "official" was demanding a "tax" before she would let a shipment of badly needed medical supplies pass. I have never seen a person disappear at the sight of a camera so fast.

This woman should be tracked down and shot on sight like a rabid dog. To hell with Haitis officials and government, they are the worst of the worst. They simply want to sell the orphans themselves.

Haiti was a sh!thole before and it will still be after all the aid people leave. We can't take everyone out. If we took all the kids, 5 years down the road would be a whole new crop of starving, fly covered kids. At some point the Haitians will have to sort things out and take control. Now is a good time for them to start.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

YZGI;1287350 wrote: The Idaho churches had elaborate plans before the earthquake to shelter up to 200 Haitian and Dominican boys and girls in the Magante beach resort, complete with a school and chapel as well as villas and a seaside cafe catering to adoptive U.S. parents.

I smell a rat.

Chapel, Villas, Seaside Cafe for adoptive US parents.

Sounds like a money making deal by the Church to me. They think their higher calling overrules the laws and are doing this for "Church purposes".
I smell the Mormons.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1287302 wrote: PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – The arrest of 10 Americans for trying to take children out of Haiti has raised an uncomfortable question in this brutally poor and earthquake-devastated country: could some children be better off abroad under the grim circumstances?

Link: Child rescue bid raises tough questions in Haiti - Yahoo! News

"It is clear now that they were trying to cross the border without papers. It is clear now that some of the children have live parents," he told the AP.

"And it is clear now that they knew what they were doing was wrong."

wtf were they thinking?:-5
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Current Political Events”