Anybody Here Have Bunnies?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Does anybody here have bunnies? I do, I have 2 dwarf bunnies. They're the cutest animals I've ever had. I love everything they do. I love watching them eat, drink water, chew their food, pellets and carrots and lettuce. They're so precious to me that I don't even mind it when they poop and pee on the floor.

I wish I had a house with a back yard, I'd raise bunnies. I hear they multiply fast.:-4
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Peg

Post by Peg »

We used to have bunnies. I absolutely loved them. They are easier to litter train than cats, but we never could break them of chewing cords.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Saffron;1283030 wrote: Does anybody here have bunnies? I do, I have 2 dwarf bunnies. They're the cutest animals I've ever had. I love everything they do. I love watching them eat, drink water, chew their food, pellets and carrots and lettuce. They're so precious to me that I don't even mind it when they poop and pee on the floor.

I wish I had a house with a back yard, I'd raise bunnies. I hear they multiply fast.:-4

Chonsi has a bunny!

Saffron, the dwarf ones I just saw last year, they are so adorable!

our pets are precious to us, happy your enjoying them so much!:guitarist

can you post us a pic of them?
Life is just to short for drama.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

This picture I took about 2 months after she came to me as a stray. She looks a lot healthier now, a lot plumper. I take good care of her too. The other bunny I haven't got pics of yet. But soon, maybe next weekend I'll post those pictures of her. She's a cream colored dwarf too.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Odie

Post by Odie »

Saffron;1283042 wrote:

This picture I took about 2 months after she came to me as a stray. She looks a lot healthier now, a lot plumper. I take good care of her too. The other bunny I haven't got pics of yet. But soon, maybe next weekend I'll post those pictures of her. She's a cream colored dwarf too.

oh I didn't realize she came into your life as a stray, you gave her a loving and warm home.

She's so cute and its nice to know your feeding them so well.

I love her colours and she is so sweet.:-4

does she come to you or sit with you or are they independent?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, what a cute bunny! :-4

I have two house bunnies, Rapunzel has bunnies too. They are very sweet animals to have as pets.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Saffron;1283042 wrote:

She's just adorable :-4 What's her name?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

How do you litter train them? Kittens do it automatically.:confused:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Colonial Rabbit

2 rabbits, sections

Flour

1 tbs. olive oil

1 can chicken broth or stock

½ onion, diced

3 carrots, peeled and coined

3 bay leaves

1 clove garlic, pressed

1 small can tomato paste

¼ cup very cold water

2 tbs. flour

4 tbs. currant jelly

½ lb. mushrooms, sliced

Flour meat and brown in skillet with oil.

Remove meat from pan. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.

Stir in onion, carrots, bay leaves and garlic and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Add tomato puree and continue to simmer.

Remove ¼ cup broth from pan and combine with water and flour, mixing until smooth. Return rabbit to pan.

When rabbit is cooked through, remove from mixture.

Strain the mixture to catch bones.

Sauté mushroom and add to broth or serve on the side. Servings 4-6
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I had a bunny as a child. A huge white buck called Starsky because he was In the Hutch.

Anyway, Starsky was an unhappy dude and finally feeding time resulted In opening his enclosure and throwing the food In If you wanted to keep all 8 fingers... 10 If your from Norfolk.

There was a kid In our extended family that I did not like much so when he asked his dad for a rabbit, I lovingly gave him Starsky telling him that he loved being handled. Revenge Is a dish best served cold.

I would like Bunnies now but I'm afraid my three Terriers think that killing them Is all In a days work when out on Walks.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Ian;1283054 wrote: When will they genetically modify these bloody animals not to poop and pee on the floor :thinking:

it's because of these rabbits the world will end :-2

it really gets my goat sometimes:mad:

My wifes dwarf rabbit Ozzy stays indoors, in the utility room, when it is really cold and he never, ever pees on the floor. He always uses his litter tray. They teach themselves to do that. Very clean and never ever smells. We had two untill recently but Blue died of myxomatosis, probably contracted by a mosquito bite
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1283171 wrote: I had a bunny as a child. A huge white buck called Starsky because he was In the Hutch.

Anyway, Starsky was an unhappy dude and finally feeding time resulted In opening his enclosure and throwing the food In If you wanted to keep all 8 fingers... 10 If your from Norfolk.

There was a kid In our extended family that I did not like much so when he asked his dad for a rabbit, I lovingly gave him Starsky telling him that he loved being handled. Revenge Is a dish best served cold.

I would like Bunnies now but I'm afraid my three Terriers think that killing them Is all In a days work when out on Walks.

Same here Keesy wants another rabbit but now we have the blooded foxy it's not going to happen.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1283311 wrote: Same here Keesy wants another rabbit but now we have the blooded foxy it's not going to happen. You should go for It Fuzz. Foxes will not take rabbits providing they are in secure housing. A good quality hutch during the day and bring the bunny In at night when most foxes are active. When foxes raid chicken houses, It's usually down to unsecure housing. If you make it water-tight, the fox can't get in. Bunnie's will use a cat litter tray also at night when you bring them in.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Peg

Post by Peg »

Saint_;1283147 wrote: How do you litter train them? Kittens do it automatically.:confused:
Just like with a kitten, if they have an accident, you put the rabbit and the "evidence" in the litter pan. They quickly catch on.

hoppy;1283164 wrote: Colonial Rabbit

2 rabbits, sections

Flour

1 tbs. olive oil

1 can chicken broth or stock

½ onion, diced

3 carrots, peeled and coined

3 bay leaves

1 clove garlic, pressed

1 small can tomato paste

¼ cup very cold water

2 tbs. flour

4 tbs. currant jelly

½ lb. mushrooms, sliced

Flour meat and brown in skillet with oil.

Remove meat from pan. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.

Stir in onion, carrots, bay leaves and garlic and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Add tomato puree and continue to simmer.

Remove ¼ cup broth from pan and combine with water and flour, mixing until smooth. Return rabbit to pan.

When rabbit is cooked through, remove from mixture.

Strain the mixture to catch bones.

Sauté mushroom and add to broth or serve on the side. Servings 4-6

That's just so wrong.
minks

Post by minks »

I would love to have Rabbits, but am deathly allergic to them so please post all about them and more pictures they are sooooo cute.

Same with you Chonsi and Rap.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I'm fine with my wife's rabbit but my Grandchildren's guinea pig makes my eyes itch and stream
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
minks

Post by minks »

Snowfire;1283434 wrote: I'm fine with my wife's rabbit but my Grandchildren's guinea pig makes my eyes itch and stream

isn't that odd eh, I guess different composition of fur, and dander etc.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

minks;1283433 wrote: I would love to have Rabbits, but am deathly allergic to them

What happens to you, do you break out in hives, get gross splotches on your face hee hee, does your head blow up like a balloon? Got pictures?

I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1284192 wrote: What happens to you, do you break out in hives, get gross splotches on your face hee hee, does your head blow up like a balloon? Got pictures?

now that's a bunny, must be Canadian!:yh_rotfl
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Here are some recent pics of my bunnies. The cream colored is a dwarf, I rescued her from the animal shelter. Her name is Pinkie and she chases the cat around a lot.

The tri colored cutie is my precious Priti. She was the stray that followed my cat home last summer.

Your Kitty Forum

My Website
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:-4 Oh, they are lovely!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Saffron;1287022 wrote: Here are some recent pics of my bunnies. The cream colored is a dwarf, I rescued her from the animal shelter. Her name is Pinkie and she chases the cat around a lot.

The tri colored cutie is my precious Priti. She was the stray that followed my cat home last summer.

The dwarf is just so cute:-6:

Priti looks so funny lying across her cage!:yh_rotfl

I just posted a few comments on them.

Return to “Pets Animals”