Summer/fire season has begun in Australia

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Put your updates here.

Already in NSW. we've had one going for about a week down at Cann river and now Western Australias turn, out at Toodyay (too-gee'). They've lost 37 homes.They've started early this season . When it was said this season will be bad if not worse than last season - I think we should all take note of that.

Power lines blamed for Toodyay bushfire - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hamilton Victoria

Out of control Vic blaze contained - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh Scrat people have always been in these areas 'prone' to this since first coming to this country . Check out all the towns in Australia and note their founding dates. You have to understand our landscape. during the last fires people took photos of burnt out areas and you can see Melbourne in the background. Maybe one day you'll come here and I'll show you what I mean.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Good luck Fuzzy ole thing. :yh_hugs

Has the recent rain Aussipam's been talking about helped at all? Have you had it in your area?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

hmm the trouble with rain is it makes things grow which is good for hte crops but bad for the season ...I know, sounds stupid doesn't it . but things grow and it only takes about 2 weeks of hot winds, and all that has grown dries out fully . Mrs K can fill you in on that one.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I get the idea. At least it helps the crops.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I felt sick when I found this out yesterday. I even teared up a bit.

One dead, two flown to Melbourne, two taken to regional hospitals. What's sickening is you know at least two of them were sitting on the back of that mangled wreck.

CFA truck crash | CFA tanker crash | Herald Sun

BLACK Saturday hero Hugh Monroe was just one of the thousands of Victorian firefighters who unselfishly put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us.

He yesterday paid the ultimate penalty, dying in a fire tanker rollover while he and four other Country Fire Authority volunteers were on their way to tackle a blaze.

Every firefighter could be forgiven for today thinking "there but for the grace of God go I" because each of them faces the same risk of giving their lives to save the lives of others.

In the midst of another scorching bushfire season, all Victorians should take time out to reflect on why they need to be eternally grateful to the state's volunteer and paid firefighters for the sacrifices they make and dangers they face.

More than 340 New York firefighters died in 2001 while trying to rescue victims of al-Qaida's September 11 terror attack on the World Trade Centre twin towers. Their heroic efforts quickly led to the city's firefighters becoming known as New York's Bravest - always with a capital B.

It's a tag they deserve and a tag the Herald Sun believes is equally appropriate to be applied to Victoria's firefighters, who are among the most loved and admired individuals in the state.

Mr Monroe's tragic death has helped persuade the Herald Sun the term Victoria's Bravest is one all Victorians should embrace from today.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tight- ... 5817883046

A CFA hero and four other firefighting volunteers were injured when their truck rolled after hitting a tree.

Tolmie grandfather Hugh Monroe, 62, was crushed when the tanker he was driving, its lights flashing and siren blaring, crashed on its way to a fire near Benalla.

A Vietnam veteran who fought the 2006 fires that swept through Victoria's high country, Mr Monroe was a much loved member of the small, tight-knit community.

Wreckage from the truck was strewn across the track, a well-worn road for local firefighters, 14km out of Tatong.

It is believed the crew were experienced firefighters, some of whom helped tackle last year's Black Saturday fires.

Mr Monroe's shocked friends gathered at the Tolmie Tavern, where he was a regular.

Harry Basedow said a bloke couldn't ask for a better mate.
anyway on with the job I guess.

Total fire ban day for the entire state of Victoria. It's a "Code red alert" for most of the state. And people are being urged to vacate areas most prone to Catastrophic threat.

Country Fire Authority

If you are also on the border of Vic and SA or in southern NSWs please refer to your own states fire services.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

We all need a bit of humour and after the royal commission and so forth this is a classic.

Oh it is so true!!!!

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bugger!!! try this

YouTube - FIRE-SUV Joke!!!! GREAT FOR FIREFIGHTERS
Odie

Post by Odie »

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Australia”