Well I DID need some more T shirts !!! What a disaster !

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I loaded my washing machine up with undies ( mine and hub's and son's), some T-shirts (white), a couple of white towels, a few pairs of white socks, set it on hot wash, switched on and left it to perform it's task. When the programme had finished and it had done it's spin cycle, I went to off-load into my tumble drier (it was pouring rain outside). I opened the washing machine door (front loader) and started to take the clothes out .................... YIKES !!!!!! They were all PINK !!!!!!

Now that was a mystery ! There was absolutely nothing in that machine that was anything like red ! All the stuff I had washed, went in as whites (my son had blue and white striped pants).

There had been something which had managed to make it's way past the drum somehow, a couple of weeks ago, and rattled a little when it came to the spin mode. I assumed it was a coin that had slipped through my pre-wash inspection of trousers, now I'm wondering if it could be a red ink ball pen! The trouble is that the washine machine would have to have a strip-down to retrieve this object ! I must confess that I don't often use the 'hot' wash, so I suppose it was the much higher temperature that antagonised the mystery object and if it was a red ball pen (or felt pen), then I suppose the high temperature was the last straw ! But I'm not really convinced that that has been the cause.

My hubby said that no way was he going to be wearing PINK T-shirts, the pants are hidden, so he isn't so worried about those :yh_rotfl My son said exactly the same thing. So I now have loads of pink T-shirts, loads of pink socks, and my undies are now a very pretty pink! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Has anybody else experienced a slight catastrophe like this ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Yes..........I think we all have. Thanks to the curs-ed ones who do not empty their pockets before dropping the soil-ed garments into the hamper.

:D
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Yes, done it, generally it's been a stray dark item for me. That's easy to fix with the new products you can get to bring your things back to white again. If yours was ink though I'm not so sure one of those will work. Pile them all in a bucket in a strong solution of bleach??
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Yup, been there, done that! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Look in Robert Dyas. There are products to take out run colours and there are Stain Devils for various things - try one for ink. There are also products to take greying (or pink?) items back to white. :)
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Alternatively, buy them all new clothes as Christmas presents . . . and you get to have lots of new dusters! :lips: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks for all the tips ! Useful for the future, but I do like the pink that the shirts have turned to, it is a very pretty pink and the colouring is very even. I doubt very much that I would have done a better job with a proper dye !!! Yes it is a very pretty pink :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Well, you fellas, would you like to wear clothing in this colour ? :yh_rotfl
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1264965 wrote: Thanks for all the tips ! Useful for the future, but I do like the pink that the shirts have turned to, it is a very pretty pink and the colouring is very even. I doubt very much that I would have done a better job with a proper dye !!! Yes it is a very pretty pink :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Well, you fellas, would you like to wear clothing in this colour ? :yh_rotfl

Wouldn't suit my complexion :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1264910 wrote: I loaded my washing machine up with undies ( mine and hub's and son's), some T-shirts (white), a couple of white towels, a few pairs of white socks, set it on hot wash, switched on and left it to perform it's task. When the programme had finished and it had done it's spin cycle, I went to off-load into my tumble drier (it was pouring rain outside). I opened the washing machine door (front loader) and started to take the clothes out .................... YIKES !!!!!! They were all PINK !!!!!!

Now that was a mystery ! There was absolutely nothing in that machine that was anything like red ! All the stuff I had washed, went in as whites (my son had blue and white striped pants).

There had been something which had managed to make it's way past the drum somehow, a couple of weeks ago, and rattled a little when it came to the spin mode. I assumed it was a coin that had slipped through my pre-wash inspection of trousers, now I'm wondering if it could be a red ink ball pen! The trouble is that the washine machine would have to have a strip-down to retrieve this object ! I must confess that I don't often use the 'hot' wash, so I suppose it was the much higher temperature that antagonised the mystery object and if it was a red ball pen (or felt pen), then I suppose the high temperature was the last straw ! But I'm not really convinced that that has been the cause.

My hubby said that no way was he going to be wearing PINK T-shirts, the pants are hidden, so he isn't so worried about those :yh_rotfl My son said exactly the same thing. So I now have loads of pink T-shirts, loads of pink socks, and my undies are now a very pretty pink! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Has anybody else experienced a slight catastrophe like this ?

oh oh! yup, any pen will do that, felt or not!

what a shame Gill!

its happened to me before also.:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Do they sell boxes of Rit Color Remover there?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Real men wear Pink Gill, don't they:confused:

I've done the same thing but luckily only to my own stuff:wah:

Sorry this has happened to you:(
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

I have done it with black underwear & white.

Now everything has a grey tinge.

I am sure you will all look good in the pink Gill;)

What I really hate is tissues in the wash:-5:-5:-5
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Gill I have done this lots of times lol....You can buy (Asda) these rescue sachets, cant remember the name of them but I have used them and their 100% effective. You just pop a sachet in with the wash and hey presto. I think their called colour rescue or rescue it..

Good Luck!:-6
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks Chezziewezzie ! I'll have to give that a try, although I don't usually shop in Asda as it's further away from where I live !

This happened to me before. When we were running out charter/trip boat business, all the crew wore a uniform which included white pilot-type short sleeved shirts. I put 7 of these shirts in the wash, also added a much washed pale red kaftan type (Asian) shirt of my son's - Hey presto, 7 pretty pink shirts LOL !! Obviously that kaftan type shirt of Andy's hadn't leached out all it's excess colour !

I had to dash into my supplier and purchase another 6 pilot-type shirts ! Guess who's uniform consisted of pink shirts from then onwards ? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Yes, me ! The 'purser' LOL

I've still got a couple of them, which I wear with my jeans in the summer LOL
nok

Post by nok »

Yes, this has happened to me before, but fortunately it was to my own clothes and no one else's.

I put a red blouse in the washing machine along with all of my other clothes, not knowing that the red would come out of my blouse. When the clothes were finished, voila ! Some of my underwear, and other clothes became pink. It was okay, though. I don't mind wearing pink clothes. They were a nice light pink color.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Recently I bought a dozen new T-shirts. Without thinking, I threw them into a dresser drawer that contained several well oiled items. Now, these T-shirts all smell of gun oil. They have been washed a number of times but the smell still lingers. Oh well. I just call it "man smell".:D
minks

Post by minks »

one of mine and Jr Minks fave tricks is to wash jeans with dark shirts with a tube of chapstick or lip gloss in our pockets, love the greasy stains they leave behind.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

hoppy;1266715 wrote: Recently I bought a dozen new T-shirts. Without thinking, I threw them into a dresser drawer that contained several well oiled items. Now, these T-shirts all smell of gun oil. They have been washed a number of times but the smell still lingers. Oh well. I just call it "man smell".:D

Far better than stale BO, Hoppy :wah:

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”