Defying Gravity (ABC BBC CTV)

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
spot

Post by spot »

I hate to say it but that's one duff playbook. There's nothing the script writers or actors or set designers can possibly do to counter the underlying toxicity of the plot. Which is sad given how few startups there are in the genre.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Where in the world would they expect they'd take this series given the idea that no inhabitable planet has been discovered!?!

How large could that shuttle be!?!

This is what I mean about television shows patronizing me!
spot

Post by spot »

It's an explorer, rather like the one in "2001 A Space Odyssey", headed to observe the giant planets in the outer solar system. I've not seen a shuttle. It's not an unconvincing ship as far as I can tell.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1260455 wrote: It's an explorer, rather like the one in "2001 A Space Odyssey", headed to observe the giant planets in the outer solar system. I've not seen a shuttle. It's not an unconvincing ship as far as I can tell.

Oh an "explorer!", right. :yh_eyerol
spot

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;1260515 wrote: Oh an "explorer!", right. :yh_eyerol

Let's face it, it doesn't look like it could land anywhere, does it. I can't imagine it being launched either. It's a zero-gravity construct.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1260517 wrote: Let's face it, it doesn't look like it could land anywhere, does it. I can't imagine it being launched either. It's a zero-gravity construct.

:wah:

They'd obviously came from the 11th dimension. Of course would have been at the expense of Star Trek!

:thinking:...

I think I might like this show what was the name of it?
spot

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;1260518 wrote: :wah:

They'd obviously came from the 11th dimension. Of course would have been at the expense of Star Trek!

:thinking:...

I think I might like this show what was the name of it?

Defying Gravity (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

James Parriott, the creator, posted an "answers blog", which officially ended the show.

On September 14, 2009, online sources noted ABC's apparent cancellation of the series, with most having reported the eighth episode as the "series finale", while others reported it as the "season finale". The show's publicist, Nicole Marostica, issued a statement on September 14, 2009 that ABC is not in fact canceling the show but that management is deciding on a time slot to air the remaining 5 episodes of season 1.

CTV aired episode 9, Eve Ate the Apple on September 18, 2009, but did not have Defying Gravity on its schedule for the following week.

The remaining four episodes were aired on SPACE, which is only available in Canada.

On October 22, 2009, TV Squad reported that the sets for Defying Gravity had been destroyed and that the series had been canceled earlier this fall.

On October 29, 2009, creator James Parriott revealed to CliqueClack TV how the series would have continued, had the show gone past its first season. Parriott explained that he has the first three seasons plotted out in a show "bible," along with how it would ultimately end. Also reported was that the remaining episodes that did not air in the U.S. would not be shown on television,...

Defying Gravity (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears this show never even got off the ground!

Return to “General TV Shows”