What I am up To

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Well have decided to paint all the inside of the house:sneaky:

Started today....had to sand all the walls and the ceiling :eek: Its a really hot day today so things are not going too good.....have never sanded before and omg the dust:(

When I finish sanding I will then put on the undercoat the the overcoat:rolleyes:

Starting in the Hallway first, then the lounge room then the kitchen and then the babies room then our bedroom....have already done the toilet and daniels room:D

If you dont see me for awhile i will probably be fightening my way out off all the dust :-1

Take care everyone and I hope you didnt find this too boring ;)
FOC THREAD PART 1
Nomad

What I am up To

Post by Nomad »

kayleneaussie;1258320 wrote: Well have decided to paint all the inside of the house:sneaky:

Started today....had to sand all the walls and the ceiling :eek: Its a really hot day today so things are not going too good.....have never sanded before and omg the dust:(

When I finish sanding I will then put on the undercoat the the overcoat:rolleyes:

Starting in the Hallway first, then the lounge room then the kitchen and then the babies room then our bedroom....have already done the toilet and daniels room:D

If you dont see me for awhile i will probably be fightening my way out off all the dust :-1

They make paint now that has primer incorporated in it. Every molecule has pigment in it. Expensive yes...worth it...yes.

Also the rollers that pump paint from the can to the roller are about $30.00. Cuts time in half.

Taping off is still half the battle though.
I AM AWESOME MAN
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

hi Nomad...:D

Have bought the really good paint but because I have sanded and am a wee bit fussy that why I am doing the undercoat. Have got this really good ceiling paint that goes on pink so you can see if you have missed any spots and then turns white:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Nomad

What I am up To

Post by Nomad »

kayleneaussie;1258326 wrote: hi Nomad...:D

Have bought the really good paint but because I have sanded and am a wee bit fussy that why I am doing the undercoat. Have got this really good ceiling paint that goes on pink so you can see if you have missed any spots and then turns white:D

What colors?

Eggshell, satin?
I AM AWESOME MAN
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

never heard of eggshell:thinking:

The lounge is in cream with a green feature wall in dulux wash and wear as i do fostering and need to be able to wash little finger prints off:D

Most of the rooms in cream with feature walls...thinking of doing a mauve feature wall in the babies room not to sure about our room yet:thinking:

Will probably start the actual painting tomorrow, after I have taped which I hate:(

But all should look good when finished :D

Have decided not to paint the skirting boards so going to paint them with Shellac which I have been told is much easier to apply than varnish.
FOC THREAD PART 1
Peg

What I am up To

Post by Peg »

kayleneaussie;1258320 wrote: Well have decided to paint all the inside of the house:sneaky:

You just made me tired. :wah: We'll be here when you are taking breaks. I hope it all goes well for you.
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Thanks Peg:D goodness knows when I will finish though as I have a bad knee and makes climbing up the ladder hard:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
Odie

What I am up To

Post by Odie »

kayleneaussie;1258332 wrote: never heard of eggshell:thinking:

The lounge is in cream with a green feature wall in dulux wash and wear as i do fostering and need to be able to wash little finger prints off:D

Most of the rooms in cream with feature walls...thinking of doing a mauve feature wall in the babies room not to sure about our room yet:thinking:

Will probably start the actual painting tomorrow, after I have taped which I hate:(

But all should look good when finished :D

Have decided not to paint the skirting boards so going to paint them with Shellac which I have been told is much easier to apply than varnish.

The lounge sounds beautiful Kay!:guitarist:guitarist

I also hate the taping, but when it all done, it will look amazing and you must post us some pics!
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

What I am up To

Post by qsducks »

Kay, post those pics somewhere else...hint hint:wah:
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Kaylene:-4

Boy, you have a lot of ambition...bless you:-6

I really hate painting. When we were kidlets, Dad would buy all the green paint, and we kids would paint the interior of the house....3 floors.

I always had to paint around the woodwork and put the blue tape down. To me, it was the most difficult job.

I paint now but really hate it:p

Take your breaks in this thread, and we'll bring you lemonade:wah:
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Kathy Ellen;1258353 wrote: Hi Kaylene:-4

Boy, you have a lot of ambition...bless you:-6

I really hate painting. When we were kidlets, Dad would buy all the green paint, and we kids would paint the interior of the house....3 floors.

I always had to paint around the woodwork and put the blue tape down. To me, it was the most difficult job.

I paint now but really hate it:p

Take your breaks in this thread, and we'll bring you lemonade:wah:

can you put a wee but of scotch in that lemonade please Kathy :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
mrsK

What I am up To

Post by mrsK »

kayleneaussie;1258358 wrote: can you put a wee but of scotch in that lemonade please Kathy :D
Water on hot days;)

Scotch for the aches & pains at night after the ladder work.

It sounds great I am sure it will look fantastic:-6:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

mrsK;1258359 wrote: Water on hot days;)

Scotch for the aches & pains at night after the ladder work.

It sounds great I am sure it will look fantastic:-6:-6

just had a nice shower and washed my hair.....but am going to wash the walls down and do the taping before i go to bed :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

kayleneaussie;1258358 wrote: can you put a wee but of scotch in that lemonade please Kathy :D

Your wish is my command Kay. What's the brand again.:o I'm running to the store now.:driving:
Chezzie

What I am up To

Post by Chezzie »

Hey Kay, wow you sound busy girl:-6

Hows Meline?

Hows Kay?
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Kathy Ellen;1258385 wrote: Your wish is my command Kay. What's the brand again.:o I'm running to the store now.:driving:

Johnny Walker will do Kathy :guitarist
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Chezzie;1258401 wrote: Hey Kay, wow you sound busy girl:-6

Hows Meline?

Hows Kay?

Hi Chezzie:-4 yes I am a busy girl and its a huge task I have taken on and I have only just started and my knee is killing me:( Its 3.42am and have just got up to take a pain killer....

Havent heard from Melines Aunt but I am sure my little cherub is well looked after and very much loved :-4 She used to hate the hot weather and today is going to be 37c ...

Hope you and the family are ok....will drop you a line in between my painting:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
Peg

What I am up To

Post by Peg »

Try not to overdo it with your knee. :-4
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Left you some Johnnie Walker Black Label for later on Kaylene....

qsducks

What I am up To

Post by qsducks »

Did some Christmas shopping today...got Quin Catopoly (Monopoly for cats)...:wah:...should be interesting:wah:, also got him the DS-i w/2 games & a carry case...lets just say he's almost done.
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Peg;1258497 wrote: Try not to overdo it with your knee. :-4

I wont Peg:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Kathy Ellen;1258504 wrote: Left you some Johnnie Walker Black Label for later on Kaylene....

ooooooooooo Thank you Kathy :-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

qsducks;1258512 wrote: Did some Christmas shopping today...got Quin Catopoly (Monopoly for cats)...:wah:...should be interesting:wah:, also got him the DS-i w/2 games & a carry case...lets just say he's almost done.

Catopoly....ummmmmm should be interesting duckie :sneaky:
FOC THREAD PART 1
qsducks

What I am up To

Post by qsducks »

kayleneaussie;1258524 wrote: Catopoly....ummmmmm should be interesting duckie :sneaky:

I'm waiting for Duckopoly:yh_rotfl
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

qsducks;1258531 wrote: I'm waiting for Duckopoly:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

just having a break its getting really warm over here ....
FOC THREAD PART 1
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Kay,

Post some pics as you go along so we can see your beautiful work;)
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Kathy Ellen;1258583 wrote: Kay,

Post some pics as you go along so we can see your beautiful work;)

havent got my camera Kathy....Daniels girlfriends mum has gone to Samoa for a months holiday so lent her my camera, but she is back on the 17th November so will click away then:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

kayleneaussie;1258618 wrote: havent got my camera Kathy....Daniels girlfriends mum has gone to Samoa for a months holiday so lent her my camera, but she is back on the 17th November so will click away then:D

I will look forward to your pics Kaylene. In all honesty, I think that you are a very brave and adventerous woman to take on this task. I know how hard painting can be.

Janey....I recently cursed the day that I painted a bathroom door recently....Jasus...the setting up, detailed painting, cleaning up...oy vey:o

You're a good woman Kay:-4:p
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

I am no one special Kathy..its a job that needs to be done, but didnt get much done today due to the heat :(
FOC THREAD PART 1
qsducks

What I am up To

Post by qsducks »

When your done Kay, can you help me paint? White woodwork but different color for the walls...really needs it.:wah:
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

qsducks;1258904 wrote: When your done Kay, can you help me paint? White woodwork but different color for the walls...really needs it.:wah:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek::eek:
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

was 38c yesterday but a lot cooler today but I am sooooooooooo tired:-1 but I will soldier on as I am behind due that darn heat yesterday :(
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Well slowly getting the undercoat on :D cooler today but humid so have had to take a few breaks :(
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Managed to get a fair bit of painting done today but not as much as i would of liked........couldnt get the darn lid off the paint can so had to wait till hubby came home, so hope to do some more tonight:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
mrsK

What I am up To

Post by mrsK »

Hope you are getting this cool weather again Kay?:-4

I hate painting & admire anyone who takes on a big job .

Not offering to help though;):yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I agree H....I had the setting up, cleaning up and painting the corners and sides of doors and baseboards.

Kaylene is very ambitious, isn't she:-4

Hope you're also well H:-6

Kaylene, I'll be over to see you later for a scotch:wah:
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

hi Mrsk1 and Kathy :-4

Well its 10.20am and havent done a darn thing, had to go to the doctors and waited ages so on ly just got home. Having a cuppa now and will get stuck into the painting.

Looking forward to that scotch Kathy ;):D
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

well nearly finished the undercoat of the hall.....hubby is home today so has been watching and making comment, like be careful you might fall off the ladder....omg you nearly sat in the paint :-5 because he has a bad back he cant do it but i gave him a roller and let him do a small piece of wall to do to shut him up :sneaky::guitarist
FOC THREAD PART 1
qsducks

What I am up To

Post by qsducks »

kayleneaussie;1259339 wrote: well nearly finished the undercoat of the hall.....hubby is home today so has been watching and making comment, like be careful you might fall off the ladder....omg you nearly sat in the paint :-5 because he has a bad back he cant do it but i gave him a roller and let him do a small piece of wall to do to shut him up :sneaky::guitarist

:rolleyes: typical husband...you can never do anything right...all they are good for is critism...here..shut up:wah:
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Time for a whiskey break Kaylene.....How's the painting going...Men are so helpful, aren't they:yh_rotfl

qsducks

What I am up To

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1259341 wrote: Time for a whiskey break Kaylene.....How's the painting going...Men are so helpful, aren't they:yh_rotfl

If I had a dollar for everytime hubs hovers over me while cooking dinner I'd be rich:wah:
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Kathy Ellen;1259341 wrote: Time for a whiskey break Kaylene.....How's the painting going...Men are so helpful, aren't they:yh_rotfl

should have the undercoat all finished later today....Tomorrow I will put the overcoat on the ceiling....hubby is at work tomorrow :guitarist;)
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

qsducks;1259345 wrote: If I had a dollar for everytime hubs hovers over me while cooking dinner I'd be rich:wah:

my hubby does most of the cooking and when i cook he knows TO STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN or else ;)
FOC THREAD PART 1
Kathy Ellen

What I am up To

Post by Kathy Ellen »

How are you coping with the heat in Oz while you're painting? Pam said it was almost 100F/38C....You probably can't put air conditioning on, can you?

Take it easy:-6
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Kathy Ellen;1259354 wrote: How are you coping with the heat in Oz while you're painting? Pam said it was almost 100F/38C....You probably can't put air conditioning on, can you?

Take it easy:-6

nice and cool here today Kathy:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

Still painting but my knee is killing me :-1 have decided to ask my stepson to help me as its a massive job and i really dont think i can do it on my own :(
FOC THREAD PART 1
mrsK

What I am up To

Post by mrsK »

kayleneaussie;1260391 wrote: Still painting but my knee is killing me :-1 have decided to ask my stepson to help me as its a massive job and i really dont think i can do it on my own :(

:-4 Now you have overdone it:-4

Mrs Determination,you sound so much like me.

Help would be a good thing.:-6

Be careful:-4
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

mrsK;1260434 wrote: :-4 Now you have overdone it:-4

Mrs Determination,you sound so much like me.

Help would be a good thing.:-6

Be careful:-4

good evening MrsK1:-4

Yes I was determined to do it all myself.....having a rest day tomorrow, then back to it on Monday :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Peg

What I am up To

Post by Peg »

I'm glad you asked for help. I thought it was a big job for one person. It would be tough enough without a bad knee. Give your knee a rest and let it heal. The painting will still be there.
kayleneaussie

What I am up To

Post by kayleneaussie »

grrrrrrrrrrr I am upset:(

I ask my stepson to help and that was a big thing for me to do and he tells his dad he will be over next weekend and he will finish the lot in no time....

All I wanted him to do was to do the ceiling in the lounge room as its a big room and thats where I am having problems.....I want to do the rest :(

Anyways looks like I will have to have a talk to him. I know his intentions are good but I dont want him doing all MY painting its my project.....

Am I being stubborn:thinking:
FOC THREAD PART 1

Return to “General Chit Chat”