OMG... Look what my nephew has got now.

Discussions about your pets!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Some of you will know that one of my nephews is Licensed to keep and breed exotic species. For many years, his home is where Illegal species go when they are discovered and siezed by customs at airports.

This is what was siezed very recently. Who ever tried smuggling this in to Britian needs their head examined. By co-incidence there was a doco about them on tv last night.

They are one of only two Lizards who's bite will kill a human.

Sonoran Lizards

They must be mad bringing this into the country.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ghee, those things are worse than rattlers, you always had to watch for them way out in the desert.
Oscar Namechange

chonsigirl;1257289 wrote: Ghee, those things are worse than rattlers, you always had to watch for them way out in the desert. On the doco, they actually said their bite is deadlier than a rattler and when they bite, they do not release their grip. one guy who got bit, even used pliers and could not get the bugger off. The venom causes asphxiation and death witin hours. There is also no know anti-venom. And my nephew has one in his house right now !!!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

:(:(:(

Attached files
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I have seen more then a few of these in the desert over the years like Chonsi said you have to watch out for them and rattlesnakes. :eek:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1257270 wrote: Some of you will know that one of my nephews is Licensed to keep and breed exotic species. For many years, his home is where Illegal species go when they are discovered and siezed by customs at airports.

This is what was siezed very recently. Who ever tried smuggling this in to Britian needs their head examined. By co-incidence there was a doco about them on tv last night.

They are one of only two Lizards who's bite will kill a human.

Sonoran Lizards

They must be mad bringing this into the country.

wow, those are nasty ones!

do you have a pic of him?

I love the komodos, but they also should roam free.
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1257316 wrote: wow, those are nasty ones!

do you have a pic of him?

I love the komodos, but they also should roam free. If he's still got him when I go down very soon to his house, I'll get some Pics. From what I know, he's being shipped back to America as they are just too dangerous.

Some Idiot tried to get through customs with It. i'm just amazed. One bite and your dead !!!
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1257321 wrote: If he's still got him when I go down very soon to his house, I'll get some Pics. From what I know, he's being shipped back to America as they are just too dangerous.

Some Idiot tried to get through customs with It. i'm just amazed. One bite and your dead !!!

yup......just one bite, that's why I was shocked he was allowed to own one, exotic animals to me, should be left in their own terrain.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1257357 wrote: yup......just one bite, that's why I was shocked he was allowed to own one, exotic animals to me, should be left in their own terrain.
No, you misunderstand Joan. My nephew has spent his life caring for exotics. His house is full of Vivariums. As he is licensed and so experienced at handling all kinds of of Lizards, snakes and spiders, he is the guy the airports take Illegal siezed exotics to becuase he has the right conditions for them such as Infa red heating.

This thing was smuggled through an airport and siezed by Customs. They then called my nephew. Even he is not bonkers enough to go and get one of these for himself and try and breed it. He is only the temporary keeper at the moment while It's decided what to do with It.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1257378 wrote: No, you misunderstand Joan. My nephew has spent his life caring for exotics. His house is full of Vivariums. As he is licensed and so experienced at handling all kinds of of Lizards, snakes and spiders, he is the guy the airports take Illegal siezed exotics to becuase he has the right conditions for them such as Infa red heating.

This thing was smuggled through an airport and siezed by Customs. They then called my nephew. Even he is not bonkers enough to go and get one of these for himself and try and breed it. He is only the temporary keeper at the moment while It's decided what to do with It.

oh **** Julie, my fault, I forgot he is helping them, sorry, bad few days, should have paid more attention or just waited until I felt better.:-5:-5

(I have night terrors:lips:)

wonder who would have smuggled him, strange people eh?
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1257402 wrote: oh **** Julie, my fault, I forgot he is helping them, sorry, bad few days, should have paid more attention or just waited until I felt better.:-5:-5

(I have night terrors:lips:)

wonder who would have smuggled him, strange people eh? Don't worry, I know things are tough at the moment.

I wonder if the Idiot who smuggled this thing in his luggage knew one bite would kill him??? What a Pillock ???? I spoke to Daz yesterday and he's taking some pics of It before It's on the first flight out of there back to the States. even the zoo's don't want it :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1257405 wrote: Don't worry, I know things are tough at the moment.

I wonder if the Idiot who smuggled this thing in his luggage knew one bite would kill him??? What a Pillock ???? I spoke to Daz yesterday and he's taking some pics of It before It's on the first flight out of there back to the States. even the zoo's don't want it :wah:

I feel sorry for the lizard.:(
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1257410 wrote: I feel sorry for the lizard.:(
I wonder what on earth the guy would have done with it had he have got it through customs !!!

Don't worry, 'Gilly' The Gila Lizard is curled up in a nice warm vivarium with some tasty mice last I heard.

I have seen my nephew milk a puff adder... awesome.

You should see what lands at his house that they sieze at airports !!! Black widow spiders, Baby Komodo dragons, the lot.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1257413 wrote: I wonder what on earth the guy would have done with it had he have got it through customs !!!

Don't worry, 'Gilly' The Gila Lizard is curled up in a nice warm vivarium with some tasty mice last I heard.

I have seen my nephew milk a puff adder... awesome.

You should see what lands at his house that they sieze at airports !!! Black widow spiders, Baby Komodo dragons, the lot.

to sell it.....it would make him alot of money.:sneaky::lips:

ohhhhhhhhhh I must have a pic of a baby komodo, I just adore those.

I have a wooden statue of one....it freaks everyone out but me.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Julie,

The 1st story that we read in school, this year, was "Gila Monsters Meet You at the Airport." It's a cute story about a young lad moving to another home and how he adapts to the move.

The kidlets studied the deserts of our west and the Gila monster.....Man oh man......We never realized how dangerous they were:(

Gila Monsters Meet You At the Airport - Book Summary & Video

Your poor brother.....How does he deal with these animals:-3:wah:
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1257491 wrote: Hi Julie,

The 1st story that we read in school, this year, was "Gila Monsters Meet You at the Airport." It's a cute story about a young lad moving to another home and how he adapts to the move.

The kidlets studied the deserts of our west and the Gila monster.....Man oh man......We never realized how dangerous they were:(

Gila Monsters Meet You At the Airport - Book Summary & Video

Your poor brother.....How does he deal with these animals:-3:wah:
My nephew loves all reptiles and spiders kathy :wah: He has some metal gloves he uses at feeding time and when handling them. He's never had a Gila before though. I'm astonished how venomous they are so he's not taking any chance with It. No wonder they are called the 'Gila Monster' in America. Thanks for the link... that's great :-6

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”