Do you recycle?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
lou lou belle

Do you recycle?

Post by lou lou belle »

I am seriously into recycling, I now have bins for all kinds of things.

What do you guys recycle and how important is it in your town?

I am quite concerned about where our waste go's and how we should really look at being energy efficient.
buttercup

Do you recycle?

Post by buttercup »

I recycle everything, it is very important in our town.

We are looking to replace the central heating we have at present, its a bit of a nightmare judging what will be best system to use.

My biggest waste of energy is the tumble drier (blush)
lou lou belle

Do you recycle?

Post by lou lou belle »

You could go with a combi boiler, they have many on the market that are really energy effecient. And... you dont need to store a tank, so you could find that you have more space.

We are looking to buy an old property soon, and my hubby has looked at solar panels and energy saving ways of heating the house.
hoppy

Do you recycle?

Post by hoppy »

The building I live in requires us to recycle. Each floor has a small room with bins. One each for cans, glass, plastic and paper. Garbage must be in proper trash bags and goes down a chute to the lower floor. The bins on each floor are emptied every couple days. The cans, glass, plastic and paper is stored in a small building at the back of the building. A truck hauls it all to the recycle plant when there is enough for a truck load.
qsducks

Do you recycle?

Post by qsducks »

I recycle everything right down to the mail which is usually junk...boxes, magazines, cereal boxes, etc...all recycled & cans (steel, tin, aluminum)...bottles we have to take to the community center & unfortunately they don't recycle plastic in my boro. I've been given compliments from the trash guys who pick this stuff up every other Wednesday..I'm one of the best recyclers in the boro:wah:...I even recyle Christmas wrapping paper...if its paper its recycled.
Oscar Namechange

Do you recycle?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Some people in Britian need to get a grip of reality.

Residents blast 'lazy' binmen caught on video mixing recycling bags with ordinary waste | Mail Online

Get real !!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Do you recycle?

STEPHEN GLOVER: Have we all BIN conned? Recycling's the new state religion but once again it's been exposed as a sham | Mail Online
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AussiePam

Do you recycle?

Post by AussiePam »

Yes. Even have a worm farm down in the underground car park, to convert vegetable matter into nice nutritious juice for the garden plants

Our local council comes round from time to time to collect larger household goods too, which are surplus to requirements. But flea market traders wander round in the wee hours and cream off saleable items - which hopefully find new homes.

I'm trying to avoid unnecessary packaging too by taking my own shopping bags.

There was an article in the newspaper here yesterday about how much good food we waste, because of use-by dates and the trend towards everything totally fresh.

I think no matter what we do, we're going to feel guilty. Now that's the real growth industry.

Can we recycle GUILT????
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Oscar Namechange

Do you recycle?

AussiePam;1250689 wrote: Yes. Even have a worm farm down in the underground car park, to convert vegetable matter into nice nutritious juice for the garden plants

Our local council comes round from time to time to collect larger household goods too, which are surplus to requirements. But flea market traders wander round in the wee hours and cream off saleable items - which hopefully find new homes.

I'm trying to avoid unnecessary packaging too by taking my own shopping bags.

There was an article in the newspaper here yesterday about how much good food we waste, because of use-by dates and the trend towards everything totally fresh.

I think no matter what we do, we're going to feel guilty. Now that's the real growth industry.

Can we recycle GUILT???? Our brain dead councils began handing out small brown bins for food waste.... yep... the rats love it. :wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”