The Tories will bring back fox hunting...

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

How the Tories will bring back hunting - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

Has any-one actually seen a fox cub speared onto barbed wire to train the hounds to tear it to pieces?

Do the Tories not realise that it was 80% of the population who oppossed fox hunting in the first place? And they will lose votes?

It's no good writing to William Hague... he is a tosser.

I might be getting on in years now but my God, they are going to have the mother of all battles over this.

I feel a protest march on Westminster and an arrest coming on. Where's the BNP when you need them?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Raven

Post by Raven »

My husband is very familiar with this subject. As a matter of fact he used go sabing the hunts with the HSA. I just cant imagine it. We had 5 little fox cubs in our back garden about a year ago! OMG! They were sooooo cute! Whats so bloody pesty about an animal that does exactly what it is supposed to do? :thinking:

Wonder what would happen if people starting hunting the dogs?:-3
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Oscar Namechange

Raven;1244880 wrote: My husband is very familiar with this subject. As a matter of fact he used go sabing the hunts with the HSA. I just cant imagine it. We had 5 little fox cubs in our back garden about a year ago! OMG! They were sooooo cute! Whats so bloody pesty about an animal that does exactly what it is supposed to do? :thinking:

Wonder what would happen if people starting hunting the dogs?:-3

I won't bore you with the details my friend but I spent years campaigning to have it made Illegal. Not just for the foxes but also the hounds and horses that are Injured and slaughtered after the usage. I have spent many years sabotaging hunts and filming the evidence of the practies that no-one see's in the press such as spearing cubs onto barbed wire. The act to make it Illegal was truely a 'people's' vote and damned if I'll sit back and watch them resurrect it again.

I also help the NFA in rescuing foxes. Not so much now as I used to but we still get calls if one is injured in the road locally and we go out and get it for treatment.

Lovely to hear you have visiting cubs. We have a pack that's been coming to us for years. Quite an operation is in place getting meat fom the Deli and local take-away for them every week.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Re: The Tories will bring back fox hunting...

Oscar it never ever went away and is well and kicking in Essex and the Government know it still goes on and the law is being broken but do sweet FA about it.......so you see nothing will change.:rolleyes:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1244972 wrote: Oscar it never ever went away and is well and kicking in Essex and the Government know it still goes on and the law is being broken but do sweet FA about it.......so you see nothing will change.:rolleyes: Yes, and don't I bloody well know It !!!

We got the bastards on film when they should have been on a trail hunt. Do they listen? NO.

I'm serious Carol, I'm not having this. If they legalise it again, what goes on now will just get worse.
Second Opinion

Post by Second Opinion »

oscar;1244984 wrote: Yes, and don't I bloody well know It !!!

We got the bastards on film when they should have been on a trail hunt. Do they listen? NO.

I'm serious Carol, I'm not having this. If they legalise it again, what goes on now will just get worse. if anyone stops them it will be you i know it will.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1244984 wrote: Yes, and don't I bloody well know It !!!

I'm serious Carol, I'm not having this. If they legalise it again, what goes on now will just get worse.Might be interesting to find out also why they say there doing us all a favour by killing the Foxes and yet they breed them to let lose to kill....sad when people have to get there thrills that way.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1245007 wrote: Might be interesting to find out also why they say there doing us all a favour by killing the Foxes and yet they breed them to let lose to kill....sad when people have to get there thrills that way. I've said it many times here but I have no problem with shooting foxes If they are a threat to livestock and Lambing. No-one has to hunt this way. If they wanted to cull they could simply go out and shoot 10 a day to keep the numbers down or leave It to farmers to deal with. They are barbaric bastards and this Is war !!!
Second Opinion

Post by Second Opinion »

i grew up told they were evil animals who killed everything and then i saw oscar feeding them at night and they are just like orange dogs. there is a huge one who sits on her doorstep waiting for food and dont do anything to the cats and dogs. oscar even makes them jam sanwiches :wah:
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

just like orange dogs

Hmm. I'd be surprised. It's taken tens of thousands of years of evolution with humans for dogs to be the way they are today. Foxes have not had that. It may be that they are more like what dogs used to be.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1245056 wrote: Hmm. I'd be surprised. It's taken tens of thousands of years of evolution with humans for dogs to be the way they are today. Foxes have not had that. It may be that they are more like what dogs used to be.
Be kind Cloddy... she's very young ;)
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

:)

I'd noticed you have a protective streak. It shows, a bit. Don't worry.

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1245061 wrote: :)

I'd noticed you have a protective streak. It shows, a bit. Don't worry. Fancy joining us in the NFA protest on Westminster? Bring your own baseball bat.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Nfa?

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1245064 wrote: Nfa?
National Fox Society. Let's go club William Hague.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Sorry, but it's not an issue I am sure enough about in my own mind to be able to join you. Apart from anything else, I don't see the logic in banning hunting foxes with dogs but allowing fishing with a rod and line, which, after all, tortures the fish, and the longer the fight, the better the fishing. I should make it clear that I am not anti-angling, it's just that the inconsistency disturbs me.

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1245069 wrote: Sorry, but it's not an issue I am sure enough about in my own mind to be able to join you. Apart from anything else, I don't see the logic in banning hunting foxes with dogs but allowing fishing with a rod and line, which, after all, tortures the fish, and the longer the fight, the better the fishing. I should make it clear that I am not anti-angling, it's just that the inconsistency disturbs me.
Well, there we go into another issue entirely as to weather a fish feels the pain. Foxes certainly do. Ever heard one scream as the hounds go In ?
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

It is certainly not a happy fish. The fact it can't scream, at least not in a way we can perceive, is irrelevant. I don't go with the doesn't feel pain argument because I believe that any species with a backbone, nerves and brain feels pain.

One could also argue that the hunting with dogs death is certain (if the fox is caught at all) whereas hunting with guns risks wounding and a slow agonising death. Ditto poison. I do not wish to hunt foxes myself and would rather see drag-hunting, but I am sufficiently uneasy about the whole issue not to be able to support activists on either side.

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1245074 wrote: It is certainly not a happy fish. The fact it can't scream, at least not in a way we can perceive, is irrelevant. I don't go with the doesn't feel pain argument because I believe that any species with a backbone, nerves and brain feels pain.

One could also argue that the hunting with dogs death is certain (if the fox is caught at all) whereas hunting with guns risks wounding and a slow agonising death. Ditto poison. I do not wish to hunt foxes myself and would rather see drag-hunting, but I am sufficiently uneasy about the whole issue not to be able to support activists on either side. To me... it is just the whole pointlessness of it. We can't eat them, we don't use the fur, we don't make oil out of them and the numbers are not such that there is herds of them roaming the countryside sticking it in the gizzards of anything that appraoches them. I've just been out to mine watching a stray kitten eating nose to nose with the pack leader.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Sport is pointless, looked at like that. Yet it is part of the human condition. Personally I hunt with a telescope and would far rather watch the animal or more often bird doing its thing in the natural state. I derive far more pleasure from feeding the squirrels nuts than I would from killing them, yet there are good arguments that I should do just that - they're an invasive species that is displacing our native squirrels.

And I would definitely support the hunting of mink with dogs...Sorry.

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1245079 wrote: Sport is pointless, looked at like that. Yet it is part of the human condition. Personally I hunt with a telescope and would far rather watch the animal or more often bird doing its thing in the natural state. I derive far more pleasure from feeding the squirrels nuts than I would from killing them, yet there are good arguments that I should do just that - they're an invasive species that is displacing our native squirrels.

And I would definitely support the hunting of mink with dogs...Sorry. Sorry I don't agree. Even Mink have predetors although granted not many. Any wild species has enough problems surviving in the wild without some knob on a horse coming after It with a pack of baying hounds. Hunting with hounds is an excuse for tossers to act like knobs. I'm all in favour of rounding up the lot of them and dumping them in the middle of Alaska with Grizzly and a matchstick to defend themselves. Now, that would be fun !!!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I'm all in favour of rounding up the lot of them and dumping them in the middle of Alaska with Grizzly and a matchstick to defend themselves

My candidates would be corrupt politicians, sleazy journalists and most of the super-rich. Especially Murdoch.

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Anyway, beddy-byes for little Cloddy. See you anon.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

Foxes are far from being rare, I see loads of them every day. I work on the railway in the south of england and there are fox cubs etc all over the place, both in towns and out of towns. The biggest killer of them by far is the railway, hundreds every year just in the bits I see. With the dead foxes,badgers and pheasants it's like the Somme in places................
Oscar Namechange

FUBAR;1245285 wrote: Foxes are far from being rare, I see loads of them every day. I work on the railway in the south of england and there are fox cubs etc all over the place, both in towns and out of towns. The biggest killer of them by far is the railway, hundreds every year just in the bits I see. With the dead foxes,badgers and pheasants it's like the Somme in places................
Your Spot on there. The average life span of an Urban Fox incredibly is just 2 years. Railway lines, cars, poison, getting shot etc etc all see them off far too early. Another reason why It's pointless to hunt them. The numbers do not justify it.

The authorites also cull Urban Foxes. They are suppossed to take 1 a month but they cheat and are taking 4 a week. My foxes that come to me are actually Red Foxes driven down by mass building on Green Belt. There is a land fill site over the main road and so many get killed crossing the road to get to It.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

We should have no feral foxes in Australia. But someone had the bright idea of introducing them 1870s for recreational hunting.

The fox is one of the most successful predators in the world, and poses an enormous threat to Australia's fragile ecosystems. And the national cost of direct fox predation of lambs is estimated at more than A$100 million annually.

Fox problems in Australia

Personally, I think they are quite gorgeous animals. I've seen them many times. As kids we're warned not to touch them, even if they seem tame - as they have a high risk of being carriers of hydatids.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Oscar Namechange

AussiePam;1245511 wrote: We should have no feral foxes in Australia. But someone had the bright idea of introducing them 1870s for recreational hunting.

The fox is one of the most successful predators in the world, and poses an enormous threat to Australia's fragile ecosystems. And the national cost of direct fox predation of lambs is estimated at more than A$100 million annually.

Fox problems in Australia

Personally, I think they are quite gorgeous animals. I've seen them many times. As kids we're warned not to touch them, even if they seem tame - as they have a high risk of being carriers of hydatids.
I can understand that in countries where cattle is primary, foxes can be a huge problem but I don't believe they are here. As I said before, Farmers have the ability to deal with a fox should they want to humanly.

Return to “Pets Animals”