ForumGarden Rules!

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Tombstone

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Tombstone »

Hello All!

First, I want to thank all of our moderators for keeping FG neat and tidy from spam and worse!

There have been ongoing discussions about the moderators and their roles. I am writing to clarify a few things.

ForumGarden is a place where friends can gather and discuss issues that are important to them. Lately, we've wandered off the path and have an increasing amount of personal attacks, trolling, and just plain nastiness.

Please take a minute and read our Site Rules. Pay special heed to rule #1.0. Your account depends on it!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
along-for-the-ride

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:) I second that, Tombstone.

10 rules for being civil

Here are some forms of engagement to consider for creating a civil society:

By The Vancouver SunApril 4, 2008

1. Pay attention to what's going on.

2. Practise compassion.

3. Act.

4. Hold individuals accountable for what they do.

5. Be clear in stating your case.

6. Listen.

7. Be prepared to change.

8. Avoid violence

9. Remain genuine.

10. Treat others with the respect with which you'd like to be treated.

- - -

PS. I am NOT a Mod.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

Thank you Tombstone!

This forum is just spectular!

First and foremost is 1.0

1.0 Be Civil. If there was just one rule, this would be it. ForumGarden is not here to be your personal battlefield. The Golden Rule applies. People who embark on personal attacks or are unable to comment on the CONTENT but instead go after the poster are not welcome. ForumGarden is a place where friends gather. If you are unable to cope with a friendly and supportive atmosphere, then please leave. Friendliness counts and it will determine whether or not you have an account here. Draconian rules? If you are a non-civil trouble-maker, I'm sure you'll think so! For all other friends, welcome!

-as AFTER said: Treat others with the respect with which you'd like to be treated.
Life is just to short for drama.
AussiePam

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by AussiePam »

Tombstone;1242672 wrote: Hello All!

First, I want to thank all of our moderators for keeping FG neat and tidy from spam and worse!

There have been ongoing discussions about the moderators and their roles. I am writing to clarify a few things.

ForumGarden is a place where friends can gather and discuss issues that are important to them. Lately, we've wandered off the path and have an increasing amount of personal attacks, trolling, and just plain nastiness.

Please take a minute and read our Site Rules. Pay special heed to rule #1.0. Your account depends on it!

Thank you Tombstone!! This is a great Forum and what you've given us is much appreciated. I like the new style TOS. And the first and greatest rule particularly:

1.0 Be Civil. If there was just one rule, this would be it.

And I'm sure it applies to all of us equally. I'll do my bit.

Again, thank you!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

CARLA

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by CARLA »

Thank you TS.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

G#Gill

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you TS - your imput is most welcome. :-6 :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1242789 wrote: Thank you TS.

G#Gill;1242850 wrote: Thank you TS - your imput is most welcome. :-6 :)

and, thank you both for being outstanding moderators!:-6
kazalala

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by kazalala »

HI TS!:D Its great to see you here!:-6 I Love your new Rules and i want to say thanks to you for wanting to make this a good place to be ,, and to the mods who do a thankless task which at times we fail to appreciate enough! :-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by G#Gill »

kazalala;1242890 wrote: HI TS!:D Its great to see you here!:-6 I Love your new Rules and i want to say thanks to you for wanting to make this a good place to be ,, and to the mods who do a thankless task which at times we fail to appreciate enough! :-4

Thanks Kaz, on behalf of all the mods! :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
YZGI

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by YZGI »

Tombstone;1242672 wrote: Hello All!

You're watching me aren't you? I can feel it. Right now you are looking over my shoulder to see if I hit submit, I will not be controlled. Ha!!!
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1242895 wrote: You're watching me aren't you? I can feel it. Right now you are looking over my shoulder to see if I hit submit, I will not be controlled. Ha!!!

you sound like Nomad:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
YZGI

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by YZGI »

Odie;1242946 wrote: you sound like Nomad:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Uh Oh!!
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1242958 wrote: Uh Oh!!

scary thought eh?
Kathy Ellen

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Chris:-6

It's so good to see you stopping by and hope you post more often when you're less busy.

Your new rule is great. We do need to be more civil to each other for sure.

FG is a wonderful site Chris...the best of forums that I've ever seen and hope that it will always flourish:-6
Tombstone

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Tombstone »

Hi and Thank You Everyone!

A part of being civil is respecting other's feelings on specific topics. If you don't care about it, don't chime in.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
YZGI

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by YZGI »

Tombstone;1243172 wrote: Hi and Thank You Everyone!

A part of being civil is respecting other's feelings on specific topics. If you don't care about it, don't chime in.
You've got me on ignore, don't you. Well I guess you wont even see this.:rolleyes:
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

'ForumGarden is a place where friends can gather and discuss issues that are important to them. Lately, we've wandered off the path and have an increasing amount of personal attacks, trolling, and just plain nastiness.'

I know I will be watching myself, anyone else?
lou lou belle

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by lou lou belle »

Odie;1243479 wrote: 'ForumGarden is a place where friends can gather and discuss issues that are important to them. Lately, we've wandered off the path and have an increasing amount of personal attacks, trolling, and just plain nastiness.'

I know I will be watching myself, anyone else?

I just speak the truth, so will keep doing so However will try really hard not to attack, troll and be nasty, its bad for your health you know ;)
Nomad

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Nomad »

Be Civil

Wow !

That is one tall order.

Its Mount Everest in the world of rules.

Ill give it a shot and if Nomad succeeds it might be a real inspiration for others. Kind of a beacon light that shines across the churning sea for those fighting the pounding waves, floundering, struggling to summon up their last strand of will to make it to shore. I will lead those gone astray to the land of civility. I will bring the troubled to the shores of peace and they too will become divine imparting of strength and knowledge. My simple act will become the explosion of the nucleus that travels the universe in search of non-civility in all corners in order to bring the disturbed and afflicted to this haven and politeness will prosper and spread just as the sun shines upon the Earth providing us all with warmth and protection.

Nomads disciples will stand proud and strong in unity and we too shall provide warmth for any band of unfavorable misfits that have fallen off the path and we will lead them to water and the land of decency.

We will rise to the challenge and we will be victorious.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by CARLA »

:yh_worshp:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_worshp Wow...!! Nomad.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by spot »

Nomad, have you considered the possible benefit of a more active sex life? Go out and buy a large toothless female Doberman or something.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Nomad »

spot;1243497 wrote: Nomad, have you considered the possible benefit of a more active sex life? Go out and buy a large toothless female Doberman or something.

Dont think I havent thought about it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by spot »

Nomad;1243499 wrote: Dont think I havent thought about it.

Excuse the mis-typing, "sex life" should of course have read "life style".

I've no idea where my mind had wandered.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
qsducks

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by qsducks »

kazalala;1242890 wrote: HI TS!:D Its great to see you here!:-6 I Love your new Rules and i want to say thanks to you for wanting to make this a good place to be ,, and to the mods who do a thankless task which at times we fail to appreciate enough! :-4

Kathy Ellen;1243171 wrote: Hi Chris:-6

It's so good to see you stopping by and hope you post more often when you're less busy.

Your new rule is great. We do need to be more civil to each other for sure.

FG is a wonderful site Chris...the best of forums that I've ever seen and hope that it will always flourish:-6

I agree with both of you Kaz & KE and thank you also TS...a good rule.:-6
shelbell

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by shelbell »

Nomad;1243494 wrote: Be Civil

Wow !

That is one tall order.

Its Mount Everest in the world of rules.

Ill give it a shot and if Nomad succeeds it might be a real inspiration for others. Kind of a beacon light that shines across the churning sea for those fighting the pounding waves, floundering, struggling to summon up their last strand of will to make it to shore. I will lead those gone astray to the land of civility. I will bring the troubled to the shores of peace and they too will become divine imparting of strength and knowledge. My simple act will become the explosion of the nucleus that travels the universe in search of non-civility in all corners in order to bring the disturbed and afflicted to this haven and politeness will prosper and spread just as the sun shines upon the Earth providing us all with warmth and protection.

Nomads disciples will stand proud and strong in unity and we too shall provide warmth for any band of unfavorable misfits that have fallen off the path and we will lead them to water and the land of decency.

We will rise to the challenge and we will be victorious.

Oh nomie, who are you trying to fool? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by shelbell »

YZGI;1242895 wrote: You're watching me aren't you? I can feel it. Right now you are looking over my shoulder to see if I hit submit, I will not be controlled. Ha!!!

Everone is watching you YZGI...and we've noticed you will not be controlled... ;):yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
shelbell

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1242684 wrote: Thank you Tombstone!

This forum is just spectular!

First and foremost is 1.0

1.0 Be Civil. If there was just one rule, this would be it. ForumGarden is not here to be your personal battlefield. The Golden Rule applies. People who embark on personal attacks or are unable to comment on the CONTENT but instead go after the poster are not welcome. ForumGarden is a place where friends gather. If you are unable to cope with a friendly and supportive atmosphere, then please leave. Friendliness counts and it will determine whether or not you have an account here. Draconian rules? If you are a non-civil trouble-maker, I'm sure you'll think so! For all other friends, welcome!

-as AFTER said: Treat others with the respect with which you'd like to be treated.

I couldn't agree more. Just a few bad apples can ruin the whole forum and chase many good people away...
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1243548 wrote: I couldn't agree more. Just a few bad apples can ruin the whole forum and chase many good people away...

darn right sis, and it's also the ones who are 'supporting members' that keep this forum going......no monies, no funny's!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
YZGI

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by YZGI »

shelbell;1243542 wrote: Oh nomie, who are you trying to fool? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl
shelbell

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by shelbell »

YZGI;1243552 wrote:

Me either! Mwahahahaha :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
along-for-the-ride

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I just read this post today by Kathy Ellen:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/music ... ost1243774

I am upset that somebody would call her a name because she has a problem embedding videos onto a thread.

Name-calling is so immature and wrong. I thought we all were adults here. I am really ashamed of this name-caller whoever he/she is. We are here to help each other...............not demean each other.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1244250 wrote: I am upset that somebody would call her a name because she has a problem embedding videos onto a thread.

Name-calling is so immature and wrong. I thought we all were adults here. I am really ashamed of this name-caller whoever he/she is. We are here to help each other...............not demean each other.

And so am I. Where was it done? Who did it?
shelbell

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by shelbell »

along-for-the-ride;1244250 wrote: I just read this post today by Kathy Ellen:

I am upset that somebody would call her a name because she has a problem embedding videos onto a thread.

I couldn't have said it better myself AFTR...great post! :yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1244250 wrote: I just read this post today by Kathy Ellen:

name-calling is so immature and wrong.

I also thought we were adults as well, until last week when someone had also used quite a bit of name calling, at me.

I am so sorry Kathy, no one deserves this.:-4

and thank you Along, for pointing this out.:-6

-tombstone just said similar words last week.
abbey

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by abbey »

Where is this post ?

Anybody?
Kathy Ellen

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

abbey;1244681 wrote: Where is this post ?

Anybody?

Hi Abbey,

The post was sent to me via a pm. I've spoken with this member and they have apologized. Thank you for your concern...I appreciate it.

I also like your siggy. I just bought ear plugs because my neighbor blasts his stereo at times. I will ask him to lower it a bit when I see him.

Thanks again,

Kathy;)
Odie

ForumGarden Rules!

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1244705 wrote: Hi Abbey,

The post was sent to me via a pm. I've spoken with this member and they have apologized. Thank you for your concern...I appreciate it.

I also like your siggy. I just bought ear plugs because my neighbor blasts his stereo at times. I will ask him to lower it a bit when I see him.

Thanks again,

Kathy;)

So glad everything worked out for you!

glad to know your now using earplugs!

Return to “News and Announcements”