not getting paid enough

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
watermark

not getting paid enough

Post by watermark »

becoming resentful, competitive, spiteful
luciferjohn

not getting paid enough

Post by luciferjohn »

watermark;1238562 wrote: becoming resentful, competitive, spiteful

feel lucky you got job here in the us:D:wah::-3:-2:-1
:driving:lookout smart guy talkin:guitarist:yh_devil:yh_ghost:
hoppy

not getting paid enough

Post by hoppy »

Then look for ways to make yourself worth more. That worked for me when I was still working.
Odie

not getting paid enough

Post by Odie »

even years before the recession, we never got raises.

meanwhile everything goes up in price.:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

not getting paid enough

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Believe me, there have been moments when I have had these feelings. I have worked at the same company for over 18 years. There is always going to be someone who makes more than I do. There is always going to be someone with more clout or ambition than I have. But I just let it go. Why? Because I have confidence in my abiltiy to do my job. Because when I walk down the hallways, fellow employees greet me and smile. Because I do like my job inspite of the problems that may arise. I am grateful to have a job.

You do have choices.

You can search and apply for other employment opportunities.

You can meet with your boss to discuss you pay options.

You can ask yourself, "What can I do to make this job better and help the company?" Then have a meeting with your boss to discuss your solutions.

Or....

You can just count your blessings and get on with it.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mikeinie

not getting paid enough

Post by mikeinie »

tell us more??
Peg

not getting paid enough

Post by Peg »

If a person would start at my job today, they would make the same as I do being the longest employee there. I don't think it's fair, but it's a job and pays better than any other bartending job around here.
mikeinie

not getting paid enough

Post by mikeinie »

Peg;1238986 wrote: If a person would start at my job today, they would make the same as I do being the longest employee there. I don't think it's fair, but it's a job and pays better than any other bartending job around here.

What about tips? Do they help? or do you get any?
Peg

not getting paid enough

Post by Peg »

The tips are mainly what keeps me there. I'd definately miss them!
cars

not getting paid enough

Post by cars »

As others have already said, you do have alternatives, if really that disatisfied! In today's economy, most are happy to just "still" have a job!

Not paid enough by whose standards? If other's are actually getting more, ask yourself why, are all things equal? Do they have the same responsibility as you, same work load, same education, same personal drive, same dedication? If yes so to all those factors, then it seems you officially do have a problem, and should consider discussing your issues with your boss. A conserned boss will welcome the input.

However, if this is not a "career" job for you that you're referring to, then just seek employment elsewhere.

Of course, first get another job, "then" quit.

Good luck!

Cars :)
nok

not getting paid enough

Post by nok »

Well, in today's economy, a lot of people are losing jobs so it's a good thing to still have one. I agree with the other posters here. if you feel like there's a real problem with your paycheck and you deserve more for your time and abilities, it's best to set up a meeting with your boss and tell him exactly how you feel and why you think you deserve more than you're getting, and see what he says about it.

There are always other job opportunities out there. Take a look around, and see if you like any of the other jobs that need workers but be careful before going into a new job. Check to see first that it's what you really want and with the salary that you desire.

Whatever you decide, good luck to you !
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”